Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Awesome patch!

My Rhino is now a piece of sh*t, which is great because I was really loving it.

If you could buy a gun you either can't now or it's bullsh*t expensive - which is particularly clever considering they only just upped the credit income a patch or two ago.

Everything now you need to build with either Neurodes or Alloy Plate, clearly people haven't been doing enough Hek farming in Earth so that's a great fix.

Yep, we really needed another patch nerfing a critical warframe, making weapons harder to get & deliberately rewarding mindless grinding.  Thank god I've already forked out $100 on this game so I get to see what they'll fk up next.

Guess it's not all bad though.  We do now have blueprints for a Prime warframe we can't collect the components of.  Oh, and a new warframe you will need to be stupidly lucky to find components of via random spawnings.  Plus the ever present platinum purchasing of everything to cost you more to get new things to enhance your game experience.

w00t! :D :D :'D

It's been 5 days now and the devs haven't said a word.

We're waiting, DE. Don't go thinking we're gonna accept your bullS#&$ if you make us wait long enough.

Here.

6) Market Overhaul?

As we said in the Update notes: “Our Marketplace Weapon Pricing has received an overhaul. The Weapon Prices have been the same since Closed Beta, and now that we have grown, we are going to balance the pricing of our gear. An End-Goal of this is also to eventually include Platinum to Credit Bundles.”

The reaction this seems to be three-fold:

What is up with the Crafting Costs?

I do agree, and will ask when and if these will be amended.

We have destroyed new-player appeal!

We need a better tutorial, we need to introduce players to the systems within our game in a way that makes sense. This will take some time to implement, hopefully by adjusting the crafting costs it won't be "too little too late".

Grinding increase laments.

I'm seeing complaints that the grind has been increased because now what used to be credits are now craft-only and how this affects desire to play. I will pass this along with the suggestion to review the Crafting Component first.

May 21st @ 2:00 PM EST UPDATE:

Recipes are being reviewed and changed! I'll have more news on this later.

7) ... but what about Rhino?

He will be reviewed and changed!

The following changes are being made:

1) He will now again have full invulnerability, but up to a damage (d) cap of: 200 d, 400 d, 600 d, and 800 d based on mod rank.  Thoughts?

2) He now aggro's enemies to draw fire by using Iron Skin, as enemies now see him as a big threat!

Expect these in an upcoming Update.

8) ... and Banshee? What about her Sound Quake?

I believe the damage Sound Quake now does is working as intended... but being vulnerable during the casting animation is problematic. Will inform and suggest invulnerability be returned. 

1) There was a bug where enemy's animation wasn't being affected by her sound quake, this has been fixed. Enemies will not be able to walk through the Sound Quake to attack Banshee. Although, some at a distance may be able to, so be strategic in your Sound Quake usage.

Expect these in an upcoming Update.

- Just in case: if you will change your game type (online/private/solo/invite) - it will discard your vote

- I don't know, how you can invite someone, who are not in your friend list, but if they in your party before you started the alert - they will join you.

You, Good Sir, Are 17.6 kinds of awesome.

It's been 5 days now and the devs haven't said a word.

We're waiting, DE. Don't go thinking we're gonna accept your bullS#&$ if you make us wait long enough.

You will accept anything they do, thats how this works. We are beta testing...thats part of it. They don't have to listen to a word we say, never have. But unlike most devs, they have listened to us in the past and put forth effort to please us. So they screwed up...They will fix it, or not, either way its still a fun game.  And i'd like to point out the Badges you see here...All those people paid money not only to get stuff they want in game, but to SUPPORT THE FREAKING GAME...They have every right to bltch as much as they want, because they are contributing, they are part of the system. I've spent very little on this game, and all of it was just to speed up my own personal goals. So i can complain a bit....but thats far from what you did. You are telling them that you arent going to accept their ideas, so you shouldnt even be playing the game in the first place. This is Beta, mistakes will happen, Its part of the process.

tl;dr

Grow Up, Get Over It, Enjoy the game.

The following changes are being made:

1) He will now again have full invulnerability, but up to a damage (d) cap of: 200 d, 400 d, 600 d, and 800 d based on mod rank. Thoughts?

2) He now aggro's enemies to draw fire by using Iron Skin, as enemies now see him as a big threat!

The idea of it stopping after enough damage is done sounds good, but I would make sure it is both the damage and the time limit. I'm also worried about the damage Rhino soaks up may be too little, but I'm willing to try it.

The Aggro sounds great as an added benefit to the rest of the team.

Edited by Viper0430

The idea of it stopping after enough damage is done sounds good, but I would make sure it is both the damage and the time limit. I'm also worried about the damage Rhino soaks up may be too little, but I'm willing to try it.

The Aggro sounds great as an added benefit to the rest of the team.

Since it isnt effected by Rhino's DR, 800 is FAR too little. Up to 30th level enemies its fine...but beyond that its next to useless. A 40th level Grineer soldier by himself can cut through all of it in less than 5 seconds.

I'd say double the player's current max health and shields... Plus aggro. :O

Or... 90% damage reduction with no poison/disruption/knockback.

aggro - invulnerable = instant death on high levels. 

Even 90% damage reduction isn't enough if Rhino will get aggro from all enemies.

You will accept anything they do, thats how this works. We are beta testing...thats part of it. They don't have to listen to a word we say, never have. But unlike most devs, they have listened to us in the past and put forth effort to please us. So they screwed up...They will fix it, or not, either way its still a fun game.  And i'd like to point out the Badges you see here...All those people paid money not only to get stuff they want in game, but to SUPPORT THE FREAKING GAME...They have every right to bltch as much as they want, because they are contributing, they are part of the system. I've spent very little on this game, and all of it was just to speed up my own personal goals. So i can complain a bit....but thats far from what you did. You are telling them that you arent going to accept their ideas, so you shouldnt even be playing the game in the first place. This is Beta, mistakes will happen, Its part of the process.

tl;dr

This is just bad thinking right here.  This is why sh***y games get made.

aggro - invulnerable = instant death on high levels. 

Even 90% damage reduction isn't enough if Rhino will get aggro from all enemies.

Exactly that.

Not to mention:

...Seriously, when has Rhino Iron-Skinning EVER made ANYONE mad?

"GRRR, THAT GUY'S SELFLESS COMPASSION AND REVIVES FILL ME WITH MURDER FRENZY! NERF HIM TO THE GROUND!"

This is just bad thinking right here.  This is why sh***y games get made.

S#&$ty games get made for a lot of reasons. One part screwed up in a Beta does not equal a screwed up game. I was just complaining about his rampant feelings of entitlement.

tl;dr

Now lissten son, the "B-b-but it's in beta!" arguement isn't gonna fly here. Warframe is in "beta" just as much as Minecraft was in beta. And you're damn right I'm not gonna accept changes to a game I like that negatively impact my enjoyment. It's fine that they made a mistake, it's fine that they let greed get the better of them, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna call them on their mistakes and demand they fix it. If we really are beta testers then it's our job to tell DE when they're screwing up, not let them S#&$ on our plate and thank them for the meal. 

And here's another thing buddy boy, just because we didn't throw down $100+ on impulse doesn't mean we don't have a right to *@##$-moan. I've only spent twenty bucks so far, but I intend to spend more as the game grows and developes. I want to support Warframe, but DE is making that difficult with all these bad calls and money grubbing. I held back when they nerfed the Hek and Gorgon to oblivion, and when they decided to push new content instead of fixing and improving the weapons and frames that already existed, but as of this update I can't help but feel that DE is really out of touch with their playerbase, and that their focus at this point is making a quick buck rather than improving the player's experience. If not then this update wouldn't have generated an 80+ page, hatefilled S#&$storm.

tl;dr

Quit your white-knighting and let the devs know we don't want them to ruin their own game. They're on the right path but heading in the wrong direction.

S#&$ty games get made for a lot of reasons. One part screwed up in a Beta does not equal a screwed up game. I was just complaining about his rampant feelings of entitlement.

Okay, agreed.  But the "just accept it" mentality can be just as damaging.

To be fair, Ember has nonexistent armor rating. Rhino's already-high armor stacked on top of damage reduction gives you almost functional invulnerability, while Ember dies messily without Overheat.

But yeah, I missed that part on my first post. At least give Rhino Skin its knockback immunity.

Not really, even with a high level steel fiber and the new Iron skin Grakata in large groups still does a good protion of damage to shields and when its down you just continue to lose shields even faster. The best use of IS for groups was mainly because it allowed players to refill shields, not so much as a "god mode" while for bosses it may seem OP but IS was only good for rhino if they were meleeing ONLY leaving everyone else to keep distance. Now IS whil fighting a hyeana is useless as his shield replenish is instant and has a large pool while Rhino gets constantly knocked back and takes damage from constant machine gun fire and high damage tracking missiles. Try and take on a Hyena solo with a lvl 15 rhino, no Orokin reactor and tell me how far you get solo. Why is their a solo mode even if they are going to have bosses that now have a "god mode" in comparison to all other frames. Try defeating Golem with the same set up. at some point you need to use  your melee weapon and since IS no longer protects from toxin good luck since golem has toxin surrounding and can throw it.

Not really, even with a high level steel fiber and the new Iron skin Grakata in large groups still does a good protion of damage to shields and when its down you just continue to lose shields even faster. The best use of IS for groups was mainly because it allowed players to refill shields, not so much as a "god mode" while for bosses it may seem OP but IS was only good for rhino if they were meleeing ONLY leaving everyone else to keep distance. Now IS whil fighting a hyeana is useless as his shield replenish is instant and has a large pool while Rhino gets constantly knocked back and takes damage from constant machine gun fire and high damage tracking missiles. Try and take on a Hyena solo with a lvl 15 rhino, no Orokin reactor and tell me how far you get solo. Why is their a solo mode even if they are going to have bosses that now have a "god mode" in comparison to all other frames. Try defeating Golem with the same set up. at some point you need to use  your melee weapon and since IS no longer protects from toxin good luck since golem has toxin surrounding and can throw it.

Well, actually, Steel Fider applies only to health, not shields, but yeah, even low-level enemies rip through shields like it were paper.

And I can tell you more - even with old Iron Skin, lvl 30 Rhino with Orokin reactor couldn't defeat Hyena. I know, I tried. I spend whole my ammo and whole energy - and was down while this nasty creature was only little damaged. But, to be honest, I think many frames will have trouble with Hyena (except Trinity and Frost)

Well, actually, Steel Fider applies only to health, not shields, but yeah, even low-level enemies rip through shields like it were paper.

And I can tell you more - even with old Iron Skin, lvl 30 Rhino with Orokin reactor couldn't defeat Hyena. I know, I tried. I spend whole my ammo and whole energy - and was down while this nasty creature was only little damaged. But, to be honest, I think many frames will have trouble with Hyena (except Trinity and Frost)

and banshee with a sonar + whatever increases its effect. I saw a banshee 4 shot a hyena with a hek, and true that's a great weapon, esp when modded, but still, FOUR SHOT, through it's shield (not the barrier thingy, the shield shield mind you.)

Now lissten son, the "B-b-but it's in beta!" arguement isn't gonna fly here. Warframe is in "beta" just as much as Minecraft was in beta. And you're damn right I'm not gonna accept changes to a game I like that negatively impact my enjoyment. It's fine that they made a mistake, it's fine that they let greed get the better of them, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna call them on their mistakes and demand they fix it. If we really are beta testers then it's our job to tell DE when they're screwing up, not let them S#&$ on our plate and thank them for the meal. 

And here's another thing buddy boy, just because we didn't throw down $100+ on impulse doesn't mean we don't have a right to $#*(@-moan. I've only spent twenty bucks so far, but I intend to spend more as the game grows and developes. I want to support Warframe, but DE is making that difficult with all these bad calls and money grubbing. I held back when they nerfed the Hek and Gorgon to oblivion, and when they decided to push new content instead of fixing and improving the weapons and frames that already existed, but as of this update I can't help but feel that DE is really out of touch with their playerbase, and that their focus at this point is making a quick buck rather than improving the player's experience. If not then this update wouldn't have generated an 80+ page, hatefilled S#&$storm.

tl;dr

Quit your white-knighting and let the devs know we don't want them to ruin their own game. They're on the right path but heading in the wrong direction.

With 80+ pages of just one thread, They know our feelings by now. I just don't think its fair to show so much animosity toward a free to play game. If someone hands you an "Eat At Red Lobster Free!" card, you don't complain that its not written in the right color ink. A well constructed criticism is perfectly fine, but saying "I wont put up with this bull$hit!" is pretty stupid. If he was that disgusted, He should have just quit the game and let that be the end of it. Instead he posted here....Which is inviting anyone who comes here to say whatever they want about it. So i did.

And by the way: "Buddy Boy"? What are you....80?

and banshee with a sonar + whatever increases its effect. I saw a banshee 4 shot a hyena with a hek, and true that's a great weapon, esp when modded, but still, FOUR SHOT, through it's shield (not the barrier thingy, the shield shield mind you.)

Hyena got nerfed pretty seriously i think. Because with a lvl 30 Excalibur and a Level 30 Rhino, both with fully upgraded weapons (Braton and Gorgon) we couldnt do it by ourselves, Shield was just too much. But the next time we tried, about a week later, It was cake. I can solo him now with any frame i have, just easier with Trinity. (Waiting for Banshee but her parts are so hard to find)

Yeah, i use Banshee with Sonar too - and it takes few seconds till Boss is down (especially, when weakpoint is a head!)

Hyena got nerfed pretty seriously i think. Because with a lvl 30 Excalibur and a Level 30 Rhino, both with fully upgraded weapons (Braton and Gorgon) we couldnt do it by ourselves, Shield was just too much. But the next time we tried, about a week later, It was cake. I can solo him now with any frame i have, just easier with Trinity. (Waiting for Banshee but her parts are so hard to find)

Maybe, i didn't tried Hyena solo after that fiasco - and it's more fun to run with your friend or with some newbie, who need control module for their fist serious warframe =)

Yeah, i use Banshee with Sonar too - and it takes few seconds till Boss is down (especially, when weakpoint is a head!)

Maybe, i didn't tried Hyena solo after that fiasco - and it's more fun to run with your friend or with some newbie, who need control module for their fist serious warframe =)

I love helping noobs. Every once in a while ill take a maxed frame back to Murcury just to run it with noobs and see what they are doing wrong or whatever. Its the kind of help that i would have loved when i first started. So few people want to voice chat though....So its tedious to type out everything in the middle of a game. But i can understand....Some people are easily annoyed.

I love helping noobs. Every once in a while ill take a maxed frame back to Murcury just to run it with noobs and see what they are doing wrong or whatever. Its the kind of help that i would have loved when i first started. So few people want to voice chat though....So its tedious to type out everything in the middle of a game. But i can understand....Some people are easily annoyed.

Well, you have push-to-talk button, btw ;) Just press "V" by default - and that's it

Well, you have push-to-talk button, btw ;) Just press "V" by default - and that's it

I never get to use it. Because apparently most everybody turns voice chat off so they can't hear me. I always leave mine on, because its a lot quicker to talk strategy or something for a boss with a my mic. I try to talk to most everyone, but in my 240 or so hours of play, 3 people have said anything back.

And Key bindings are another thing....C is my default. Apparently everybody else in the world has different defaults than me. I've not changed one key binding, yet they are different from even people that started playing on the same day as me and never changed theirs. It doesnt really bother me, just makes me a bit curious.