Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Disappointment Fix

Gryphticon

Then where is snipertron vandal?

In the void? De stated that the snipertron (others did mentions this) is an exception due to breaking lore and will not be back.

As far as the rest of the wraith/vandles etc go, its fair game.

Scratch that, I believe the lato vandle and braton vandle are also never to return.

Point being, they are exceptions to the majority.

So here's the thing, if we can easily grab those wep in future that we grinded away -sometimes- hours on; why play the events. There's no point, getting it early will only left you with bad test once it comes out again.

so at least it should be hard getting it in future... equally as it was hard in past with grind.

Think of it this way, the reward is getting the weapon early on meaning you get to experience it first hand. Consider it the hipster approach “i was using X way before it was cool”

Create a blueprint to craft a dual strun wraith. This would allow the ones who got the gun from the survival event to actually have a badge of being in that event.

Many players including me are disappointed that our prized gun got released to newer players. Doing that to other exclusive weapons would also ease the disappointment if they ever get released again.

When I see you post my brain dies.

Event Badges exist still. Wear them. Very few players use event weapons anymore. (Machete Wraith is still good.)

This is the same snap judgement that caused a huge S#&$storm before. (Dark Sectors)

Edited by BirdOfSong

Create a blueprint to craft a dual strun wraith. This would allow the ones who got the gun from the survival event to actually have a badge of being in that event.

Many players including me are disappointed that our prized gun got released to newer players. Doing that to other exclusive weapons would also ease the disappointment if they ever get released again.

The only true exclusives in this game are Closed Beta items and the Founders program.  DE stated in one of their DEvstreams that anything else is in the DE Vault and can come back at DE's whim.

Also, really?  This is akin to denying someone a '87 Mustang just because they weren't around to buy it when it first came out.

Without making things unfair in any way, make a skin for Strun Wraith that requires a Strun Wraith to build.  If you have a 2nd one, you can make the skin and you can go and and look "cool" with your skin that you can only have since you were able to get the gun twice.

I don't understand why people are so hurt over this weapon being available again. Why do you care so much over a gun that you probably don't even use much anyways? Also these weapons were never exclusive to a certain event.

People like to feel special. A popular method for people to feel special is exclusivity. This is the reason for special editions, certain types of recognition, exclusive clubs that anyone can actually buy a membership for, guest lists at dance clubs even though you still have to stand in a line (just a shorter line), some VIP sections, and getting things before release.

People who are have a drive to feel special through these things don't like when they are taken away because then they don't feel special anymore. The root of the issue has to do with how feel about themselves. Other than that, everyone likes to feel special sometimes because it feels good. I hope this answers your question.

Honestly, I don't care who has what event weapon (as long as you stay away from my PURCHASED Founder/Prime Access stuff). But I'd rather the event weapons be locked to an event and the event replayed (tweaked if necessary) every so often, that way anyone that missed the first event can play the event and obtain the event weapon/rewards the same way everyone else did the first time.

I mean, this time you get a Strun Wraith for killing a few dogs in a TA. That seems overly simplistic compared to the first event.

If we go by the history of DE event weapons in the order they was released what would the next on be? As wasn't the Strun Wraith the 1st ever event weapon for warframe?

If so then I belive the one Vandel everyone talks about is next followed by the Twin Vipers wraith

then the machette wreith will come likely after the gorgen wreath which I have so anyone know the exact order thx

Event weapons and mods were never exclusive to being with, DE has stated that all event stuff can and will be re-released(except for maybe Snipeton Vandal since it doesn't fit the Lore) in future events.

Maybe not the Vandal but there's no reason the Snipetron can't be re-released. I see no reason why the grineer couldn't steal their gun and change it to fit their own needs.

If we go by the history of DE event weapons in the order they was released what would the next on be? As wasn't the Strun Wraith the 1st ever event weapon for warframe?

If so then I belive the one Vandel everyone talks about is next followed by the Twin Vipers wraith

then the machette wreith will come likely after the gorgen wreath which I have so anyone know the exact order thx

Actually, as far as I know, the first event weapon was Snipetron Vandal.

Well I didn't check this thread in a while but the hostility of many of the replies shows the toxicity of the community.

Gryph, as a player since U9, the Strun Wraith survov event earned me my first badge and my first special weapon. Seeing the re-release did hurt a little. But then I saw the newer players. This is worth as much to them now as it was to us then. Keep that in mind.

It's not toxicity as much as bad wording from a well-known figure directly contradicting facts from the devs that lead to some unhappy players. The fact that this has happened before only adds to it. You should have known better as a community member. You had prior warning. You could have at least made a more practical proposal for a player of your stature. It's not unpopular opinion, it's just outright against how the devs want the game to be.

So, I propose badges. Allow us to put a sigil or badge from the events it was made available so if you'd like, you can say 'this brakk is from Gradivus' or 'this wraith is from surv'. Having a weapon sigil with event badge symbols would be the ideal solution, I think. Older players keep e-peen. Newer players get weapons. We all get customization on wraiths via sigil. Since they don't have a surv badge, you that 'skin' is still exclusive.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

The attitude behind "you can't have this weapon, because you weren't around then" is really not a good one for the game, and only breeds a toxic atmosphere. In general, it's also a bad idea to put anything that effects gameplay like guns behind permanent exclusivity gates (which is why DE made clear that the only truly exclusive things would be the founders stuff for legal reasons, and the rest would come back during later events). It's a bad idea for gameplay. What if that gun becomes one of the most important for certain missions, now only players from ages ago who were lucky enough to get it can use it. It's not a fair game environment and it creates an atmosphere where people can only be best by matter of seniority, even if they don't have as much game experience. I think you can see, if you get past the it's mine, mine only mine attitude, that this kind of attitude isn't good. 

And even if you just give a blueprint it still isn't fair. They just completed an event, why should they get a lesser reward than you, just because they did an event later than you, and weren't around then? That's just ridiculous. It's not at all fair to the newer players. 

I think the last post was a good idea though. If you really want to show off that you got that gun in that event, allow the player a cosmetic, non-gameplay affecting way to show off that they got the gun from that particular event. Although, I don't know why that is such a big deal either, because I thought most events gave people badges, and you could just show those off instead. Which to me, makes the whole thing sound like just another entitled I don't want anyone else to have cool stuff, because mine, mine, all mine thing. 

And the OP is saying replies disagreeing with him are toxic? The attitude behind roping guns off and not letting anyone else have it because you want it just for you is what's toxic. 

Again, the only stuff that was ever exclusive was founders. The rest was always up for grabs to be re-released. You knew that a long time ago and you had a chance to bail if that was such a big issue that other people could get a chance at the guns, but you kept playing. You accepted that was the system DE was going to use and you kept playing anyway. And now you want people to not be able to get as good a reward, because you wanted it all for yourself. 

Edited by Tesseract7777