The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nef Anyo And Alad V Should Have Equal Rewards.

Goosmo

Everyone seems to follow their greed including me. The event weapons rewards should only be one instead of two, since everyone want's karak because they think it's better due to it being hitscan or just because it looks cooler. 

This sort of prevents us players to choose the side we wan't. So far, only the side with better rewards have won.

I hope future events won't have rewards that tempts and almost forces us to pick different sides based on bad and good rewards.

The event weapons rewards should only be one instead of two, since everyone want's karak...

I see you are speaking for everyone.

Anyways, I don't see what the big deal is about the skewed rewards, at the end of the day it is the PLAYER that decide which side they fight for, and not the game.

Skewed rewards are much more interesting than Alad winning by a landslide.

Edited by Rakshal

Anyways, I don't see what the big deal is about the skewed rewards, at the end of the day it is the PLAYER that decide which side they fight for, and not the game.

So one side gets the event reward weapon and a bunch of credit pile at the end.

And the other side gets the event reward weapon and like 100 rare 5 cores and potatoes.

Yes that is much more interesting indeed mate...

So one side gets the event reward weapon and a bunch of credit pile at the end.

And the other side gets the event reward weapon and like 100 rare 5 cores and potatoes.

Yes that is much more interesting indeed mate...

but we wont get the weapon we want.

And espacially for the potatoes many Alad-players supported nef and he is still behind so you wont go away with empty hands...

behind? they are both tied at 8-8 right now.

i still think the end of event weapon should be player choice based on what they WANT and can choose who they want to support instead of the community (DE) choosing...then put the weapon that the player didnt choose into the vault for a later event. (or just give both of them to players since all it is is mastery fodder lol)

That is not much more interesting. The whole game is reward driven and anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy. This event only further proves that. Its incredibly dumb to have an event about choice but then attempt to take that choice from the players. Let the community decide what weapon they want. 

Since when has playing fair been in the nature of the factions of Warframe?

This isnt about the factions. This is about the DEvs deliberately shifting the better rewards to Nef, when both should have the same.

but we wont get the weapon we want.

And espacially for the potatoes many Alad-players supported nef and he is still behind so you wont go away with empty hands...

You WILL get the item you want, just not now.

And once you get it you will be sitting on a pile of rare cores and potatoes, this is an awesome event indeed.

People don't seem to understand that if you want to keep mercenaries on your side then you're gonna need to have something to keep their interest. That's just how it is in war.

There is no such thing as "unfairness" in this. You know what they say, all is fair in love and war.

You WILL get the item you want, just not now.

And once you get it you will be sitting on a pile of rare cores and potatoes, this is an awesome event indeed.

No, you will get the winner's weapon regardless of who you support. 

The existing system - favoring the side that's currently losing - is vastly better then purely equal rewards.  It's infinitely more interesting both for individual players and for the event as a whole.

Better for players since there is now more to the equation then "Pick a side and never change."   Players aren't "prevented from choosing a side" as you put it - not in the least.  Rather, picking a side is more complicated then "Pick end reward you favor, always pick that side."  That's a good thing, because players have to work a more complex equation.  Stick with the side you favored all the time and you miss out on better rewards.  Change sides, and you're going to have to make up for it later - which might mean skipping an ever better reward later. 

It also does a lot better job keeping all players involved even after they've qualified.  Sure, you've done your 4 runs for Alad and you could just sit out the rest.  But then if Neffy offers a better reward, you have to either skip it, or take it then make up for it.  And it's a finite event, so it's not an automatic given you'll have an opportunity to make up for the switch.   So maybe you should run it even if you've got your 4 and the rewards isn't especially tempting, to give yourself a buffer later...

And on the event wide scale, it's obviously better.  This event started out as a 5-0 Alad blowout on the first night.  Having an event decided on the first day like that makes the rest of the week long event dull.  But negative feedback - putting the one who's ahead at the moment at a disadvantage - keeps things interesting.  Hard to deny that after the 5-0 blowout turned into an 8-8 tie.

TL:DR - Rewards favoring the currently losing squad makes things more interesting for everybody, and the event as a whole simply better.

Altering the rewards and having them be weighted so the current "winner" has worse rewards and the "loser" has better rewards until they get ahead is more interesting.

This way the people that hunger for the instant gratification-shines will bounce back and forth and act as a balancing tool and hold the event roughly at 50/50.

The people who support Alad/Nef for some political reasons will be able to swing the event from there.

If the rewards are equal-ish and static. People will find one that is sliiightly better and dogpile on it. 

Unless the rewards are 100% equal and the outcomes are the same.  Which ends up being bland and somewhat pointless

The existing system - favoring the side that's currently losing - is vastly better then purely equal rewards.  It's infinitely more interesting both for individual players and for the event as a whole.

Better for players since there is now more to the equation then "Pick a side and never change."   Players aren't "prevented from choosing a side" as you put it - not in the least.  Rather, picking a side is more complicated then "Pick end reward you favor, always pick that side."  That's a good thing, because players have to work a more complex equation.  Stick with the side you favored all the time and you miss out on better rewards.  Change sides, and you're going to have to make up for it later - which might mean skipping an ever better reward later. 

It also does a lot better job keeping all players involved even after they've qualified.  Sure, you've done your 4 runs for Alad and you could just sit out the rest.  But then if Neffy offers a better reward, you have to either skip it, or take it then make up for it.  And it's a finite event, so it's not an automatic given you'll have an opportunity to make up for the switch.   So maybe you should run it even if you've got your 4 and the rewards isn't especially tempting, to give yourself a buffer later...

And on the event wide scale, it's obviously better.  This event started out as a 5-0 Alad blowout on the first night.  Having an event decided on the first day like that makes the rest of the week long event dull.  But negative feedback - putting the one who's ahead at the moment at a disadvantage - keeps things interesting.  Hard to deny that after the 5-0 blowout turned into an 8-8 tie.

Its not at hard to believe when nef anyo consistently got better rewards for it. this is a reward-driven game. Its not interesting at all. Getting the rewards is whats interesting. The community decided they wanted the karak wraith, why cant we have it? 

Edited by armedpoop

Its not at hard to believe when nef anyo consistently got better rewards for it. Its not interesting at all. Getting the rewards is whats interesting. The community decided they wanted the karak wraith, why cant we have it?

You seem to think it's AOK for the community to decide the event based on one reward - the karak vs the dera - but not the rest of it.  Seems inconsistent to me.

Looks to me like what they actually decided was "I want the best rewards, and don't feel all that strongly about how I get there."  And that's what they're continuing to decide.

Edit:  More simply "Alad had the better gun reward, but that's perfectly fair.  But Nef getting better battle pay rewards - even when he's losing - completely unfair". 

Edited by Phatose

Its not at hard to believe when nef anyo consistently got better rewards for it. this is a reward-driven game. Its not interesting at all. Getting the rewards is whats interesting. The community decided they wanted the karak wraith, why cant we have it? 

Really? Looks like the community decided they wanted R5 cores and potatos.

Stop trying to use "The Community" as an argumentative crutch.  You want the Karak, that's fine.  You act like everyone else is some kind of wayward lost puppy that follows it's nose to whatever nearby treat without any thought or willpower.

If "The Community" wanted the Karak that badly, they wouldn't jump on potatos and R5 cores.

You seem to think it's AOK for the community to decide the event based on one reward - the karak vs the dera - but not the rest of it.  Seems inconsistent to me.

Looks to me like what they actually decided was "I want the best rewards, and don't feel all that strongly about how I get there."  And that's what they're continuing to decide.

Edit:  More simply "Alad had the better gun reward, but that's perfectly fair.  But Nef getting better battle pay rewards - even when he's losing - completely unfair". 

Isnt this event about the community? People wanted the karak more than the Dera, hows that my fault? And of course they want the best rewards. hence the "reward-driven" game. Are the stats for the weapons even out? Do we even know that the Karak is actually the better gun?

Really? Looks like the community decided they wanted R5 cores and potatos.

Stop trying to use "The Community" as an argumentative crutch.  You want the Karak, that's fine.  You act like everyone else is some kind of wayward lost puppy that follows it's nose to whatever nearby treat without any thought or willpower.

If "The Community" wanted the Karak that badly, they wouldn't jump on potatos and R5 cores.

I actually would prefer the dera, but thanks for projecting. "Argumentative crutch"? what are you on about? I act like this is a reward driven game. The community wanted the karak, so they fought for it, they it the better reward. Now Nef is giving out the better reward, so they fight for that. That is dumb design. DE has effectively removed the choice of who to fight for.

Edited by armedpoop

Isnt this event about the community? People wanted the karak more than the Dera, hows that my fault? And of course they want the best rewards. hence the "reward-driven" game. Are the stats for the weapons even out? Do we even know that the Karak is actually the better gun?

I actually would prefer the dera, but thanks for projecting. "Argumentative crutch"? what are you on about? I act like this is a reward driven game. The community wanted the karak, so they fought for it, they it the better reward. Now Nef is giving out the better reward, so they fight for that. That is dumb design. DE has effectively removed the choice of who to fight for.

Absolutely about the community.  And the way the community makes decisions in the face of unequal rewards.

Are you OK with the community making a decision based on unequal rewards or not?  If you aren't, then you really have a problem with the whole "The community wanted the Karak more then the Dera" thing.  Because that's a prime example of the community doing just that.

Absolutely about the community.  And the way the community makes decisions in the face of unequal rewards.

Are you OK with the community making a decision based on unequal rewards or not?  If you aren't, then you really have a problem with the whole "The community wanted the Karak more then the Dera" thing.  Because that's a prime example of the community doing just that.

This is prime example of this being A REWARD DRIVEN GAME. Player will ALWAYS fight for the better reward. What are you not understanding?

This is prime example of this being A REWARD DRIVEN GAME. Player will ALWAYS fight for the better reward. What are you not understanding?

I can't understand why exactly it's AOK with you to be a REWARD DRIVEN GAME when it comes to the Karak/Dera decision, but it becomes a sin to be a REWARD DRIVEN GAME when the battlepay isn't in your favor.

It's horribly inconsistent.  If everyone favored Alad at the beginning because he had better rewards in a reward driven game and you were fine with that, you have no business at all complaining about unbalanced rewards causing everyone to favor Nef instead. 

Two different weapons that are subjectively different in many ways are unequal, but not better or worse than one another in totality.

Rare fusion cores offered against a lower number of silver cores, or against 50k credits? The disparity of the battle pays isn't subjective, there is no way to possibly prefer silver cores or a small amount of credits over rare cores.

What you said that the Karak Wraith being superior to the Dera Vandal cannot be proven to be true, but Rare cores are completely better than uncommon cores. Apples-to-Apples kind of better.

Edited by SriJayawardenapuraKotteX