The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When The Nodes Become 20 Will The Boss Missions Be Deleted?

Moujine

I understand this big reduction is been made to solve the problem where people (ncluding me) get stuck on planets because they cant find anyone for missions. But reducing nodes clearly means deleting missions from the map, does that mean that the boss missions will be deleted too? because  i havent done them all yet, but i think they are just removing the side missions and not the bosses like quality > quanity. Also when is this update?

Edited by DoflamingoGT

Sure they will delete the bosses. It's not like they have put all of this effort in them to see them being actually played. They will probably delete Tyl Regor upon releasing him: "Today challenge the new Tyl Regor on the... wait... no, scrap that, the mission no more exists".

... ok, sarcasm apart, they will find a way to challenge every single boss. Stay tuned.

You can find people to help in your regional chat as well.. I run boss to boss taxi to unlock all the planets now and then, I'm sure I am not the only one.

I'm pretty sure they wont remove boss nodes though.. its probably duplicating mission types such as having 3x extermination or whatever.

Yeah, probably.

The idea is not just about ghost towns. We also have a problem where players will play the same node over and over again for a reward and burn themselves out. Then they get mad at DE for making a "grind/farm game" so part of the idea behind 20 nodes is that they can always be changing around the rewards and mission types to keep mixing it up.

We don't really even know what "NODE" is going to mean in the new setup. One "node" could change mission types, like a little mini-quest where the first run is Spy2.0, second run is exterminate, third run is defense, fourth run is a boss. People have always hated RNG rewards. Putting a boss behind multiple missions could mean we get specific rewards instead of dice rolls. Complete the whole thing and you get your choice of any warframe helmet, or any part of Nyx or X tokens to trade in with the Lotus for anything you want from a big list.

We really don't have much info right now. No date has been set that I can remember.

I think what's got more players worried is that even though this is supposed to remove the grind, they haven't actually explained how it will. All we've seen so far are blueprints for the resource most people farm for being sold for plat and available as a rare reward in a raid mission only end game players really have a decent chance at finishing.

Plus the whole removing player choice from what mission they can actually do.

Not only that but the comment about making bosses only appear occasionally really needs clarification (will they be like alerts and only show up for an hour and can only be played once, invasions that show up until they've been played a certain amount by everyone or like event quests which last for a specific length of time and can be played as long as you like)

So... this is supposed to remove the grind?

Just like how adding HP to frost's snowglobe was supposed to remove his need to be near the pod so much?

Now frost is more or less shackled to the dang defense objective.

cunningplan.jpg

Yeah, probably.

The idea is not just about ghost towns. We also have a problem where players will play the same node over and over again for a reward and burn themselves out. Then they get mad at DE for making a "grind/farm game" so part of the idea behind 20 nodes is that they can always be changing around the rewards and mission types to keep mixing it up.

We don't really even know what "NODE" is going to mean in the new setup. One "node" could change mission types, like a little mini-quest where the first run is Spy2.0, second run is exterminate, third run is defense, fourth run is a boss. People have always hated RNG rewards. Putting a boss behind multiple missions could mean we get specific rewards instead of dice rolls. Complete the whole thing and you get your choice of any warframe helmet, or any part of Nyx or X tokens to trade in with the Lotus for anything you want from a big list.

We really don't have much info right now. No date has been set that I can remember.

wow, this is rare. Someone who uses their power of assumption to make POSITIVE predictions instead of going "DE is going to nerf all resources and charge plat to play extra nodes!"

If they remove the bosses it will be the stupiest thing ever, i mean come on they are the game itself

Bosses will probably return like mini events. I think this sounds cool. Instead of everyone randomly fighting different bosses at different times, the whole community will be going up against a boss when they appear.

maybe they'll even add % numbers to completion since the community seems to like to keep track of things like this. Anything works better than the farming method we have now for bosses.

This current week with so many things going on at once IMO is a glimpse of how the star chart will be. A bunch of community participation events with rewards. I always preferred alerts and syndicate missions to selecting a node to grind for a single resource.

Edited by Hypernaut1

They will be randomized. Like steve said: "vor wont always be there, but when he will show up, he will offer various rewards" So yes boss nodes will be gone. As for regor, he might be quest boss or yet another key boss.

So more RNG already on top of a metric ton of RNG. Just what I wanted to hear! People <3 RNG!

(not)

Edited by fizbit

Bosses will probably return like mini events. I think this sounds cool. Instead of everyone randomly fighting different bosses at different times, the whole community will be going up against a boss when they appear.

maybe they'll even add % numbers to completion since the community seems to like to keep track of things like this. Anything works better than the farming method we have now for bosses.

This current week with so many things going on at once IMO is a glimpse of how the star chart will be. A bunch of community participation events with rewards. I always preferred alerts and syndicate missions to selecting a node to grind for a single resource.

So that is more RnG that we don't need.

Look I got every frame except Volt Prime now.

If a new boss is released that drops a new Warframe, do I have to waaaait till his node gets rolled. Then I have to be online as well ? And said boss node might only be available for 6 to 8 hours ?

That is a whole lot of things I don't want to mess around with.

Also although DE did said that the idea was not set in stone, they are remaining very elusive on this.

Even avoiding questions on it.

If they are going to dodge questions like that, might as well just do it like how they did Damage 2.0

Tell you it is going to happen and you have to adapt. Or die in a fire.

At least they are straight up and brutally honest.

However if they say the idea is still open to suggestions, but keep dodging every time when genuine questions are asked.

That is pretty hypocritical to say the least.

Edited by fatpig84