Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50K Vs 75K

fatpig84

Alad is ahead and Nef gets better rewards. People complain.

Anyo is ahead and Alad gets better rewards. People complain.

So people really don't understand how this works. This event is using a really logical approach. In real life you'd also be ready to offer more, if you were on the losing side. Idk how people cannot understand this.

You can manipulate a event without people knowing it, speed of the conflict, battle pay ..etc 

there's so much you can control behind the scenes to make sure the event going the way they want.

Also you don't have to work all day to set the battle pay, you can planned it beforehand and then let the system run it.

but it's all totally understandable if it have to happen.

Yes,you can plan it beforehand,but then that plan might fail.

Because it involves too much prediction.

I am not sure if you know anything about programming stuffs,but let me tell you,something without a proper logic is very hard to implement through programming,because you can not know the outcome. The best possible way to do such programming is to randomize it,which is essentially what RNG is in this game.

Edit- Not sure why the color of the text changed in the quote...

Edited by NN13

So people really don't understand how this works. This event is using a really logical approach. In real life you'd also be ready to offer more, if you were on the losing side. Idk how people cannot understand this.

You're leaving out the part where if you're winning and want to stay winning you'd do something about it, too.

Who would be complacent when their enemy is catching up with their once massive lead? Who would sit there and do nothing to try to prevent it if they could? No one. That's who.

You're leaving out the part where if you're winning and want to stay winning you'd do something about it, too.

Who would be complacent when their enemy is catching up with their once massive lead? Who would sit there and do nothing to try to prevent it if they could? No one. That's who.

Alad wins whenever the rewards are equal, so it's not as if he's doing something wrong. Blame the lack of loyalty from other Alad supporters. The biggest lack of logic is where those who decide to morally side with Alad V betray that for the sake of a better reward from the opposing side.

Yes, you can plan it beforehand, but then that plan might fail.

Because it involves too much prediction.

We might see things differently, but so far this event is totally predictable to me, because most player are going for the loot,

this is staying tied as long as they don't change the battle pay pattern until the last day of the event,

and I must say Alad V have the highest chance to win because community had spoken in the first 6 conflict.

We might see things differently, but so far this event is totally predictable to me, because most player are going for the loot,

this is staying tied as long as they don't change the battle pay pattern until the last day of the event,

and I must say Alad V have the highest chance to win because community had spoken in the first 6 conflict.

DE as a developer or any developer for that matter,won't resort to something which involves prediction. It is a common business tactics. Maybe it is possible to predict the outcome,but there is always a "What if".

What if what they predicted about the community comes out to be wrong and then,we get a scenario where Nef is giving out potatoes when he is leading Alad or vice-versa,because DE predicted the opposite?

Yes,it will hurt the reputation of DE big time. No company will want that.

It is always better and easier to just place a code that randomly selects battlepay,favoring the losing side.

DE as a developer or any developer for that matter,won't resort to something which involves prediction. It is a common business tactics. Maybe it is possible to predict the outcome,but there is always a "What if".

What if what they predicted about the community comes out to be wrong and then,we get a scenario where Nef is giving out potatoes when he is leading Alad or vice-versa,because DE predicted the opposite?

Yes,it will hurt the reputation of DE big time. No company will want that.

It is always better and easier to just place a code that randomly selects battlepay,favoring the losing side.

What on earth did I ever say they planned the whole 7 days rewards manually at once?

I believe they do have the system to balance the event but not all automatically run by itself,

I'm basically talking the similar thing but with a little bit more work involved.

The way this event run is meant to be tied in "warframe world", there's no way you can run it perfectly with this designed, more like just a giveaway event, so I really don't care who wins.

There's an idea just come up in my mind, what if they make an event syndicate wise, and winner side can have new mod/weapon available first plus extra rewards(more than just credit or few fusion cores), loser can only have normal reward and just wait for the next event(which don't take too long to wait), this may upset some people but can make people more motivated to fight for their syndicate, but this is complicated and have a lot of things involved, because people have different syndicate.

And you are being purposefully dense by ignoring the fact that it is obvious,even in real life,that the losing partly offers better rewards to get the edge. Easy as that. If you can't see that then there is no point in talking to you.

It would be wise to know real life, before referencing real life. Because in real life situation, leading side would do anything to keep its lead and in this case leading side would also up the rewards. Did salad up the rewards, F no. But i quess we should ignore this real life fact cuz reasons....(for example: During holiday season, ms lowered xbone's price. Sony who currently leads console market, saw this and chose lower ps4 price as well for holiday season)

What on earth did I ever say they planned the whole 7 days rewards manually at once?

I believe they do have the system to balance the event but not all automatically run by itself,

I'm basically talking the similar thing but with a little bit more work involved.

The way this event run is meant to be tied in "warframe world", there's no way you can run it perfectly with this designed, more like just a giveaway event, so I really don't care who wins.

There's an idea just come up in my mind, what if they make an event syndicate wise, and winner side can have new mod/weapon available first plus extra rewards(more than just credit or few fusion cores), loser can only have normal reward and just wait for the next event(which don't take too long to wait), this may upset some people but can make people more motivated to fight for their syndicate, but this is complicated and have a lot of things involved, because people have different syndicate.

Neither did I say that they planned the battlepay for 7 days,anywhere. Infact,I was talking about just 3 battlepays.

Explanation(Example)-

Suppose,Alad wins the first battle. DE thinks the community is supporting Alad heavily,so they plan the rewards for the next 3 battlepays.

2nd - Alad gives 50k vs Nef gives 20 U5 cores. Suppose DE assumed that since Alad has more support,Alad will win.

So,the next is -

3rd - Alad gives 20 U5 cores vs Nef gives 25 R5 cores. Now,obviously,Nef wins. But Nef is still one point behind Alad,according to DE's assumption.

So,to balance out,the next plan-

4th - Alad gives 50k vs Nef gives catalyst. Nef will surely win this one.

Now,here comes the problem-

If DE's assumption is right,then its ok for Nef to win the 4th battle,making it 2-2 for Alad and Nef.

But what if,DE's assumption is wrong.

What if,Nef wins the 2nd battle. Then,after 3rd battle,Nef will have 2 points as opposed to Alad with 1 point. But,since DE planned the 4th battlepay,Nef will give out a catalyst,even though he is winning.

That would straightaway prove that the event is rigged and will hurt DE's reputation. That is the reason why companies avoid this type of decision making.

Now,about the idea you came up with...It's a nice idea,but a simpler idea would be to not announce the end rewards beforehand and give same battlepays to both party. Then,players will have to choose based on who they want to support,instead of choosing which gun they want.

And let's be honest here,a large part of the community is supporting Alad because Karak is a bit better than Dera. I am pretty sure more than half of the community doesn't care about lore.

As for me,I am supporting Nef because Vandal's color scheme suits my taste. Though,I dont know if I will get it,but still.

It would be wise to know real life, before referencing real life. Because in real life situation, leading side would do anything to keep its lead and in this case leading side would also up the rewards. Did salad up the rewards, F no. But i quess we should ignore this real life fact cuz reasons....(for example: During holiday season, ms lowered xbone's price. Sony who currently leads console market, saw this and chose lower ps4 price as well for holiday season)

But my real life experience says otherwise.(Politics in my country/state to be specific).

So,it would be wise not to assume that your real life experience is the same as another person's.

Edit - And I feel that the example of politics is more relevant to the current scenario,instead of PS and XBone example. Just my opinion.

Edited by NN13

Come to think of it.....All the Nef supporters can also claim that the event was rigged when Alad won 6 consecutive battles.

That DE rigged Alad to win,no matter how much you played for Nef. But later,they realized that the community might find out if Alad wins by something like 20-0. So,DE started changing the outcomes.

Since there is no proof that this theory is wrong,this can also be a possibility.

What do the Alad supporters have to say to this theory?

P.S. - This is just a theory. I still believe that the event is not rigged in anyway and it is just RNG.

While it is true that a candidate running behind will offer more outrageous things than their leading competitor, the leader will almost always match their opponent's offer in quality in order to not run behind.

Here, DE FORCES a "loser has best offers" rule and like I've said before, Nef seems to have better offers (when running behind) than Alad (when running behind). However, I think Alad hasn't offered potatoes and such because he hasn't been so far behind. He HAS, to be fair, offered similar lower-level rewards.

Another issue with this is we don't know if supporters of the loser will get anything like they do in real life (counter-voters still get increased minimum wage, yo).

Who the candidates are is of course important but right now, contrary to popular belief, they're pretty equal in terms of good versus bad.

Nef is new and interesting but we know for a fact he's a scammer and has tried to fool us before and what's more he could be holding a grudge for taking away his credits.

Alad V has been a big bad guy from the start with his Zanuka project but he seems desperate and could become a valuable ally to the Tenno if we can hold this aid as a leash around his neck.

On another note, theories of DE downright forging results are ludicrous since I really don't think they'd sway things so much. The event is as it is and while I do think the reward system is flawed, I don't believe it's being directly influenced.

Neither did I say that they planned the battlepay for 7 days,anywhere. Infact,I was talking about just 3 battlepays.

Well, base on this event, 2nd battle should be Nef win, I also supported the fusion cores, but it's just a example so it doesn't matter,

and they only need to plan the next one, cause the conflict can last 24 hours(which the speed can manipulate in the dark since there's no open record to shown the supporter), and because it was 0-6 so they can just put 100 R5 and 2 potato in a roll, don't even mention some can do under working hours.

PS: people claim this is rigged because as I can remember 0-5 have no RNG at all, and suddenly nef give 75K(which lost), 4*25 R5 cores and 2 potato in a roll.

Anyway rigged or not, like I said, this is a bad way to run a event like this extremely huge chance leading a battle to a tie, and all I care is the reward.

Well, base on this event, 2nd battle should be Nef win, I also supported the fusion cores, but it's just a example so it doesn't matter,

and they only need to plan the next one, cause the conflict can last 24 hours(which the speed can manipulate in the dark since there's no open record to shown the supporter), and because it was 0-6 so they can just put 100 R5 and 2 potato in a roll, don't even mention some can do under working hours.

PS: people claim this is rigged because as I can remember 0-5 have no RNG at all, and suddenly nef give 75K(which lost), 4*25 R5 cores and 2 potato in a roll.

Anyway rigged or not, like I said, this is a bad way to run a event like this extremely huge chance leading a battle to a tie, and all I care is the reward.

So,basically,according to you,if DE can manipulate the time of battle in the dark,give me one reason,why they would not manipulate the outcome of the final battle...

If they manipulated so much,what is the point of having an event?

Also,you are wrong....From 0-5,Nef gave multiple 75K which he lost. I remember this correctly,because the first one Nef won was a 25 R5 cores and second one was a 150k credits. Infact,Nef never won any of the 75K rewards.

And yes,I agree that this type of events are not good. But Steve thinks otherwise,so we like it or not,we will get events like this. This is also why I didn't like the Gradivus.

So,basically,according to you,if DE can manipulate the time of battle in the dark,give me one reason,why they would not manipulate the outcome of the final battle...

If they manipulated so much,what is the point of having an event?

Also,you are wrong....From 0-5,Nef gave multiple 75K which he lost. I remember this correctly,because the first one Nef won was a 25 R5 cores and second one was a 150k credits. Infact,Nef never won any of the 75K rewards.

And yes,I agree that this type of events are not good. But Steve thinks otherwise,so we like it or not,we will get events like this. This is also why I didn't like the Gradivus.

The time theory is only based on if they're controlling the event, controlling this event is not about who's winning, it's about keeping it not going too fast on one side, the event is over if one side is going too fast.

I'm sure between 0-5 there's at least 3 of them both offering the same 20 U5 cores, and the 6 was 75K(lost), also I don't see what's wrong to use 75K to try out what's community want.

those two potato(OC/OR one each) is given when their score close to each other after a bunch of 25 R5 cores, this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me.

Edited by LotusBF

The time theory is only based on if they're controlling the event, controlling this event is not about who's winning, it's about keeping it not going too fast on one side, the event is over if one side is going too fast.

I'm sure between 0-5 there's at least 3 of them both offering the same 20 U5 cores, and the 6 was 75K(lost), also I don't see what's wrong to use 75K to try out what's community want.

those two potato(OC/OR one each) is given when their score close to each other after a bunch of 25 R5 cores, this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me.

So,after all the discussions and me giving proper explanations,we are back at square one -

"those two potato(OC/OR one each) is given when their score close to each other after a bunch of 25 R5 cores, this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me."

" this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me."

"intentional giveaway"

Intentional Giveaway meaning someone at DE manually set it or planned it without considering what will happen if the plan backfires.

I think I am done here. *sigh*

Keep whining. I will just go and play some missions.

So,after all the discussions and me giving proper explanations,we are back at square one -

"those two potato(OC/OR one each) is given when their score close to each other after a bunch of 25 R5 cores, this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me."

" this seems more like a intentional giveaway to me."

"intentional giveaway"

Intentional Giveaway meaning someone at DE manually set it or planned it without considering what will happen if the plan backfires.

I think I am done here. *sigh*

Keep whining. I will just go and play some missions.

Like I said just give Alad a few more taters.

The forums will clean itself in a flash.

People are greedy and mercenary in nature. ;)

Hello.....Where are all the "RIGGED" whinners now?

You guys there? What do you have to say now?

Atleast, Nef gave potato when he was losing. Look at Alad,giving potato when it was tied.