Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Vauban Still Have Bounce Pads De?

tripletriple

With the much needed removal of super jump from excalibur and the upcoming parkour 2.0 why does Vauban still have his bounce pads? Their sole purpose is to troll your teammates at this point. 

With the removal of bounce pads that opens up the potential for new useful abilities for vauban. 

Maybe a new buff ball that buffs your teams defenses and damage while linked to it. Or a ball that can heal you and your teams energy and health at a slow rate.

The possibilities are endless. DE remove the bounce pads!

Edited by tripletriple

Though the bounce pads give him an odd "unique" ability I would agree that it is not really that useful. 

However it may become more useful in parkour 2.0, but even then it has yet to be seen if parkour 2,0 will yield any actually useful options into standard gunplay. So yeah... for now I thing bounce pads as a proper ability feel a bit weak. 

Why not just make the jump affect and augment for his tesla orbs. 

Bounce can be devastating at earlier level of defense and survival... place bounce at door or create a shield around cyropod

On later level... jump higher and coptering?

EDIT: buff balls sound nice... i can already see buff ball-needed at recruiting tab,,, replacing other buffer. maybe nice maybe not..

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

see, i like tossing them on interception missions in front of the consoles, buys me more time. otherwise, annoying hallway heros can easily be dissuaded by a few (dozen) pads stuck to them, sending them everywhere allll at once! 

They're great for anti-trolling.

Or rather, counter trolling...

And I wouldn't trade them for anything *sigh*

They are for crowd control or lace crap ton of these in a small room and they deal alot of damage. If your game hasn't crashed.

Not to forget the 100% magnetic status chance.

They are also pretty usefull in T defenses. Just set them on the laser panner and enemys get smacked back.

Seriously. Thers a couple abilitys in the game that have troll potential. But its up to the players in the end.

Don't blame a mechanic cause of trolls. Put the trolls on your ignore. Easy solution.

Calling them anything except useless is stretching it.

You haven't chosen a right path. You dishonor the name of Vauban. Your suggestion is a disgrace to all Bounce users!

On more serious note:

Because unlike super-jump it affects enemies and deal 100% magnetic proc. Trust me or not, it kills on T4. Not lying, up to wave 20 it can kill with a few jumps, and Is a good way to keep the pesky melee enemiec away from the consoles. So what it has is a utility. What'd like to see is a Bounce link. An augment that links two of the Bounces into a giant bounce. The more you stack the bigger it gets.

Suggestion: MORE BOUNCES PER PAD DE!!!

This ability has a lot of spontaneous utility against most of the game's enemies save for bosses/Stalker/Zanuka. I don't get why more people don't go out of their way to utilize it for just about everything. All it takes is a creative mind.

Calling them anything except useless is stretching it. 

It keeps enemies from hacking consoles in the last stage of The Law of Retribution.

There have been lots of other uses listed, it seems like you are the only one stretching the truth.