Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person

Basalto

"dude r u rly posting about first person this game isnt ment for first person ur dumb"

Well, with the recent so-called "first person bug", I had the opportunity to take a screenshot that looked quite nice, in fact.

It was taken after I got the first person view bug after I solved a puzzle that was blocked by a wall. Kinda bugged, really. But I'm not here to complain, I'm here to show how this game can look cool in first person.

This screenshot below was taken while sliding. That was the only way I found to make the camera not terribly obstructed in first person.

SfF39RF.jpg

This leads me to think that a first person camera similar to Mount & Blade's would actually look pretty interesting in this game.

And if you're going to whine about me suggesting the first person thing, don't even bother. Just ignore me and walk away.

It's not a recent bug, this has been discussed over and over, DE said they are not implementing this, i am glad, before starting a thread use the search bar you will find the other thousands of threads about this.

It's not a recent bug, this has been discussed over and over, DE said they are not implementing this, i am glad, before starting a thread use the search bar you will find the other thousands of threads about this.

Now, you don't need to be rude. I'm just showing that first person isn't all terrible like people are saying that it is and trying to show a screenshot to prove my point.

There is a bunch of baseless "it wouldn't work" claims by people but first person would work just fine in the game if the work was put in t implement it right.  Thing is DE has stated that they aren't going to do it. So that is that.

If there was a first person mode option I might use it on occasion but I generally prefer third person view... 

There is a bunch of baseless "it wouldn't work" claims by people but first person would work just fine in the game if the work was put in t implement it right.  Thing is DE has stated that they aren't going to do it. So that is that.

If there was a first person mode option I might use it on occasion but I generally prefer third person view... 

My friend said that third person would look better for parkour, and he does have a point in that. Also, I don't recall exactly what, but I heard DE already did some things they said they wouldn't do. I don't remember well what, but it did happen.

Now, you don't need to be rude. I'm just showing that first person isn't all terrible like people are saying that it is and trying to show a screenshot to prove my point.

I am not rude, and you need to grab a dictionary and look at the definition of rude, everything i said is a fact, and i said it in a neutral manner, you confuse rude with straight forward.

Edited by Orbister

mhhh, this bug isn't really recent. We just have a thread about this topic almost every single day here in the Forums xD (next time please use the search function, you will find a lot.)

Yes, it (your Screenshot) looks sorta nice.

Yes, it would take a lot of time to implement such thing (and DE would have to change a lot of stuff so it works kinda "ok") 

No, I wouldn't like to see a First Person mode in Warframe.

No, I am not rude or angry about this thread... just kinda disappointed to see another thread about the first-person-bug-thingy (another one for the Bingo xD)

All in all I have to agree with Orbister^^

Edited by Fabpsi

im sorry but no. the game is not meant to be first person. looking at all the animations from coptering to melee to casting ailities. it would make people puke. especially with all of the combos for melee weapons in the game. using the tipedo with flailing branch, fury, and volt's speed ability would give people migraines. now im sure you could argue "change the animations of your character while your in first person" however, then you would be left looking like cod character accidentally put on the wrong suit and ended up in warframe with a sword while your teamates look like space magic weilding gods. first person animations aren't that great but it's okay in those games because you can't see your character. and sure, grand theft auto five did it however the animations in that game can translate fairly well to first person with some exceptions making you dazed and confused.plus, field of view is very important in warframe.you are constantly surrounded by dozens of enemies and first person would make it a huge pain in the butt locating and dealing with said enemies. you would get swarmed buy chargers and wouldn't be able to see a thing, you'd get grabbed by ancients and scorpions and suddenly your camera is pointed up at the ceiling, you'd get knocked down by moa's, bombards, and heavy gunners and the same thing would happen, you'd get shot from a dozen different directions and it would be even harder to locate those enemies than it already is. and ontop of all of this even if DE did do this and it was simply another way to play the game and was just a side option people wouldn't use it because of the reasons above and first person would have become a huge waste of time, and money when they could've been doing something much more productive with the game. and don't get me started on first person archwing.....

okay, im done. im sorry for the ranting and if i seemed a little harsh but there are hundreds of threads about this and im fed up at this point. i didn't call you stupid but this game really is not meant to be first person and that's okay. not every game needs to be first person. warframe is fine the way it is.

My friend today.

D01.jpg

EE0.jpg

He said it was a little bugged but was nice and had the chance to be great. I do think it could be implemented poorly to test it since this is beta and I would appreciate it :)

Edited by GDSK-NXS

Just how do you perform this bug? 

it's happened to me after either hacking, or getting my camera in a weird, up close position behind my frame. it just stays there for the whole mission. it's very dissiorientating and sucks. only way to fix it is by quitting the mission or finishing it.

Ugh guys come on. I don't even care about having a first person view because I prefer third person.

But this "reasoning" against it is flimsy as heck.

----------------------------------------------------------

looking at all the animations from coptering to melee to casting ailities. it would make people puke. especially with all of the combos for melee weapons in the game. using the tipedo with flailing branch, fury, and volt's speed ability would give people migraines. 

--

you would get swarmed buy chargers and wouldn't be able to see a thing, you'd get grabbed by ancients and scorpions and suddenly your camera is pointed up at the ceiling, you'd get knocked down by moa's, bombards, and heavy gunners and the same thing would happen,

What are you even talking about? This is a seriously rudimentary understanding of how first person viewpoints can work.

First person view doesn't mean that every time the character spins the camera HAS to stay attached to that characters face and spin around too.

you'd get shot from a dozen different directions and it would be even harder to locate those enemies than it already is.

Cause there are no first person games with tons of enemies? 

even if DE did do this and it was simply another way to play the game and was just a side option people wouldn't use it because of the reasons above and first person would have become a huge waste of time, and money when they could've been doing something much more productive with the game.

There is no way for us to accurately predict whether or not it would draw in additional people (which leads to additional revenue) or not.

No first person , it would ruin this game and just become halo or something lame like that ,

Because the only difference between warframe and halo is the view. :-/

every time it gets brought up someone *@##$es about the fact that we dont need it, it will take too much effort, no one is gonna use it, blah blah blah.

good luck.

I want it, other people *@##$ too much about it for them to ever actually do the work for it.

Ugh, I swear at least once a week this appears. Search the forum a little.

The game is not condusive to First person, it would take extra work to make it happen and maintain it. DE doesn't want to do it. Doesn't matter if you want it. I want a million plat but I don't post topics about it.

Edited by Lightsmith

im sorry but no. the game is not meant to be first person. looking at all the animations from coptering to melee to casting ailities. it would make people puke. especially with all of the combos for melee weapons in the game. using the tipedo with flailing branch, fury, and volt's speed ability would give people migraines. now im sure you could argue "change the animations of your character while your in first person" however, then you would be left looking like cod character accidentally put on the wrong suit and ended up in warframe with a sword while your teamates look like space magic weilding gods. first person animations aren't that great but it's okay in those games because you can't see your character. and sure, grand theft auto five did it however the animations in that game can translate fairly well to first person with some exceptions making you dazed and confused.plus, field of view is very important in warframe.you are constantly surrounded by dozens of enemies and first person would make it a huge pain in the butt locating and dealing with said enemies. you would get swarmed buy chargers and wouldn't be able to see a thing, you'd get grabbed by ancients and scorpions and suddenly your camera is pointed up at the ceiling, you'd get knocked down by moa's, bombards, and heavy gunners and the same thing would happen, you'd get shot from a dozen different directions and it would be even harder to locate those enemies than it already is. and ontop of all of this even if DE did do this and it was simply another way to play the game and was just a side option people wouldn't use it because of the reasons above and first person would have become a huge waste of time, and money when they could've been doing something much more productive with the game. and don't get me started on first person archwing.....

okay, im done. im sorry for the ranting and if i seemed a little harsh but there are hundreds of threads about this and im fed up at this point. i didn't call you stupid but this game really is not meant to be first person and that's okay. not every game needs to be first person. warframe is fine the way it is.

What the hell are you on about? Did you actually think about how this works before posting?

Did anyone say they wanted to stick a camera to a person helmet and make it twirl around with the head? No, they did not. Don't players already walk around with a totally invisible Loki on the screen? So what is it with people also saying "I like to see my Frame on the screen"?

* Put camera in the center.

* Make Frame tranparent.

* DONE.

Your wall of text does nothing to address the issue that some of us just want a CENTERED view so that it does not feel like our eyes are stuck on a stick 5 feet from out actual position, which is a LOT more immersion breaking.

Your opinion on what this game is meant to be, has ZERO effect on what would be an OPTIONAL camera view and would NOT effect YOUR gameplay in ANY way.

Yet no one seems to have a problem with the game constantly messing with graphics and shaking, making it harder and harder to play when you have vision problems. Go figure.

Me firing a Gammacor. Would be fine without my Frame in the way. I played that entire mission with a centered camera, and other than the Frame brushes getting in the way it was fine.

L5kg90w.jpg

Edited by DSpite

Ugh, I swear at least once a week this appears. Search the forum a little.

The game is not condusive to First person, it would take extra work to make it happen and maintain it. DE doesn't want to do it. Doesn't matter if you want it. I want a million plat but I don't post topics about it.

The fact that you state "extra work", means that you have zero understanding of what can be done, so it means little to the "rest of us" that you keep insisting you understand what the request involves in the first place, since I have not seen you define either the problem or a solution, regardless of this ever being worked on or not.