Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Finds This Mod Useless.

Dremen_Vex

I use the mutation mods on most of my weapons and I have Restores as well.  The main reason for that is because while the pads are awesome, I have to stay in one place to get ammo and depending on the mission, that will get me killed.

I didnt even read the OP, I just saw the "Am I the Only One..." title and I'm going to say this:

Yes, you are the "only one" to do that out of heaps of thousands upon thousands of people.

/sarcasm

Now, I'm going to post this and read the OP.

Edit: Wow, I stand corrected. You are probably the "Only one" to think that Ammo Mutation Mods are useless.

Edited by Kao-Snake

The ammo mutation mods are really useful, and in some weapons almost compulsory unless you want to spend a fortune constantly dropping ammo restores. I don't like messing with that because it feels like it means I am not playing right if I need to drop restores. It means my gear isn't good enough and my strategy isn't good enough, but that's just how I feel, regardless of the cost/annoyance of always having a bunch of ammo restores around. 

A good example of this is the Amprex. Tell me you want to increase your theoretical DPS by leaving Ammo Mutation off your build, and see how much effective DPS you get on any slightly long mission because you run out of ammo so often. My Amprex becomes an almost unstoppable, near infinite turret of mobile death with an ammo mutation mod, and can get me through high level content with pretty much any frame using it. 

Without an ammo mutation mod? You might as well just equip something else. Seriously. 

It really depends on the weapon though. If your weapon doesn't gobble ammo, it's probably a waste of a slot, but it is certainly not useless. The same fits for pistol/shotgun, it depends on the weapon. Not all mods are useful on all weapons. 

Tip: The best way to figure out if you need an ammo mutation on a particular weapon is testing. You need to get proper DPS mods on it and take it to high level. If it's DPS performs fine, and takes out the high level stuff fine (as in it's not just too weak and doesn't have decent mods) and you find yourself running out of ammo a lot, it needs a mutation mod. If it rarely ever runs out of ammo, you do not. You just have to try the weapon and you'll see if you need it. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I use it on a few weapons, an example would be my Boar Prime, especially with the lolwut fire rate that I use it for. I know people will argue that that's what Team Ammo Restores are for, but sometimes you just don't want to break the flow in a game by stopping in one spot for a few seconds.

I use the to level up new gear on low level survival missions. I also generally use Shotgun ammo mutation mod on almost every shotgun, because they really need it to be played. On rifle rarely, because 540 base ammo is enough for a normal mission, but on some secondaries they're needed too, like for example full auto dual pistols (Cestra, Furis and so on). Launchers need it too, because of their low pool of ammo.

I use them rarely only if the weapon really need it. Otherwise, I carry a secondary/primary and a melee. That's the reason why they exist.

They are MOSTLY useless.

Ammo mods are good on anything that eats up ammo quick. (Dex Furis, I'm looking at you.)

Intruder is basically useless.

There's a couple of melee mods that just aren't worth the slot. The finisher damage mods spring to mind.

There's a couple of melee mods that just aren't worth the slot. The finisher damage mods spring to mind.

Ahahaha... oh boy. Loki with invis and Excal with Radiant Finish massively disagree, darn near any player armed with a decent knockdown on their melee disagrees. Heck, my Banshee has it around on a couple toys... 'cause Finishing Touch + Savage Silence = good times.

Those particular mods simply require an adjustment in play style and can combo exceedingly well for extremely high damage. You get a SS Banshee and a RF Excal in the same group and things are going to outright explode into giblets.