Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Finds This Mod Useless.

Dremen_Vex

The ammo mutation mods, for some reason, I've never needed them, I build ammo pads ahead or I find the ammo on the map. (This is when using a soma prime by the way, as well as gorgon and supra)

Edited by Dremen_Vex

The pistol one definitely is needed on Dex Furis, Hikou Prime, Twin Vipers

The rifle one, anything with really high RoF

the shotgun one, that one I don't get.

Depends though with the rifles, holding down the trigger isn't always the best that and you could always use the mutation mod on your sentinels weapon from what I heard it carries over to you.

The pistol one definitely is needed on Dex Furis, Hikou Prime, Twin Vipers

The rifle one, anything with really high RoF

Think about it. If you're gonna have a pistol one, and a Rifle one, why not one for the rest of the weapon types? Shotgun, Bow, Sniper/Special...

Pistol mutation I use a lot on higher ROF weapons or continuous ones

Rifle mutation I use on lower damage/high ROF weapons or continuous ones (except the quanta), and launchers like the Penta

Bow/sniper mutator I haven't used much

Shotgun mutator I put on the Kohm, but I haven't used that gun since the repeated nerfs...

Edited by LeoLeonardoIII

Pistol mutation I use a lot on higher ROF weapons or continuous ones

Rifle mutation I use on lower damage/high ROF weapons or continuous ones (except the quanta), and launchers like the Penta

Bow/sniper mutator I haven't used much

Shotgun mutator I put on the Kohm, but I haven't used that gun since the repeated nerfs...

The nerfs came much like the ROF on the kohm, slow at first then in quick succession RIP Kohm

What about Kohm? I've never used it, but from what I understand, it could make use of the Mutator mod.

Anyways, as others have said, if you like automatic dual secondary weapons like Aksomati, you really need Pistol Mutator. I like it on Braton Prime since the max ammo is pretty low.

Ammo mutation mods are more useful for players who have a hard time keeping their ammo up or weapons that gobble ammunition quickly. But of course, if you're a player who has good trigger discipline, paces shots well to save ammo, or prefer to switch weapons when low on ammo rather than keep going with one weapon, ammo mutation mods will seem useless to you.

Try using some of the launcher typed weapons without an ammo restore mod with at least a rank or two in it in an endless mode. Launcher weapons tend to have obnoxiously small total magazines and take sniper ammo to refill by default. And you are either sacrificing your secondary or a slot on your primary unless you really want to be spending team ammo restores like water in later waves.

And at the other guy who can't see the use for a shotgun version I have only one word... Kohm.

Basically ammo restore mods fully acknowledge you won't get perfect paper burst DPS out of a weapon and that you are instead aiming for long term sustained damage. Because all the firepower in the world doesn't mean a thing when the gun quite simply can't fire because you are running out of ammo so fast that team ammo restores literally only give you maybe two clips of ammo that disappear in under half a minute.

They are basically in the same school of mod as punch-through. Its a utility mod that lowers your paper DPS but raises your actual reliable DPS in missions over time. Unlike punch-through sometimes simply adjusting your play style is enough to not need to use them.

I have been using it on my Dex Furis and Akstilletto builds.

Yea absolutely crucial to use em in the dex furis. Glaxion, Supra aswell. I think i had em equipped in the phage too or some other beam type weapon that name escapes me. Honestly i dont think these mods are useless at all. Unless you plan on having downtime with some primarys they're just absolutely crucial.

I also had it on my old soma fire rate blast build for a permanent aoe stunlock

Edited by CarrotSalad

Ammo Mutation became pointless with the advent of ammo restore packs.

Even if you are a bullet hose with 0 accuracy and a compulsion to hold the trigger down at all times.

You are going to be hard pressed to run out of ammo.

Since you lose effectiveness by using it, it takes that many more bullets to kill something... Costing more ammo than it generates.

Its just a placebo folks. Nothing about it is going to save your day unless you are running around on mercury and have zero capacity to ignore mob spawns.

Edited by Nariala