Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Tab Is Out Of Control...

Lockecoleff

Using the trading tab is handy however it is super frustrating sometimes.  I propose that there be sub tabs.

One for buying, one for selling, and one for trading.

So basically WTB, WTT, WTS.

This would be an attempt to clean up the trading tab a little as it is obviously the most used tab.

Sellers can scope the buying tab for potential customers and vice versa.  As opposed to the one person who wants to buy/sell one thing (wtb transient fortitude)  getting buried under this immediately:(WTS MODS BLEEDING WILLOW QUICK THINKING FLOW GUARDIAN VIRULENT SCOURGE STREAMLINE WHIRLWIND SEEKING FORCE BERSERKER MALIGNANT FORCE PISTOL PESTILENCE PRIME PARTS BOLTOR PRIME RECEIVER EMBER PRIME CHASIS AND HELMET FANG PRIME BLADE LATRON P BARREL AND RECEIVER!)

not an exaggeration.

I think it would also create a more competitive economy.

Thoughts?

would be a nice addition. Or they could just add a Trading post where you put up items to sell for a set price and those offers stay up even while you're logged out. Warframe has needed a trading post for a long time now, and considering the whole "year of quality" thing, it would certainly be a very welcomed addition to me.

Edited by spidey2092

You know what I HATE? When people post EVERYTHING they have. My posts last no longer than 1 second on screen because of these guys.

This is exactly the example i used above.  Super frustrating.

would be a nice addition. Or they could just add a Trading post where you put up items to sell for a set price and those offers stay up even while you're logged out. Warframe has needed a trading post for a long time now, and considering the whole "year of quality" thing, it would certainly be a very welcomed addition to me.

Also a good alternative to the sub-tabs.  Hopefully we get some attention here :)

There definitely needs to be something done about the trading tab. I can barely even get a message out because there are people constantly posting rows upon rows of stuff that nobody even wants to buy. "WTS EMBER PRIME BLUEPRINT." Okay? I'll add that to my collection of like 40? There needs to be a better way to clean up the trading chat. And sub groups for it would work. Theoretically. Realistically it would still be a jumbled mess of desperate tenno craving extra platinum. 

There definitely needs to be something done about the trading tab. I can barely even get a message out because there are people constantly posting rows upon rows of stuff that nobody even wants to buy. "WTS EMBER PRIME BLUEPRINT." Okay? I'll add that to my collection of like 40? There needs to be a better way to clean up the trading chat. And sub groups for it would work. Theoretically. Realistically it would still be a jumbled mess of desperate tenno craving extra platinum. 

Desperate Tenno craving extra plat indeed.  But that is exactly why people posts paragraphs in the trading tab trying to sell everything at once.  At least this way it's all in one spot and easier to weed out the garbage.

I'd only want this if they made it possible the see multiple channels all at once.  Limiting it to seeing only WTBs or WTSs means you only see half the story.  I like being able to see both at once - makes it easier to get a reasonable grip on pricing.

Never really seems like small offers getting buried is a major problem.  I never list more then 1 or 2 items at a time, only times I get no replies is when I'm pricing too high.

Not really sure why people make those huge lists anyway.  Seems to counterproductive.  Makes your listing hard to read in a fast moving chat, and it's so rarely worth the effort of trying to read a huge list.  Suppose it's still better then "PM me for what I'm selling", but I can't imagine it actually works very well.

I'd only want this if they made it possible the see multiple channels all at once.  Limiting it to seeing only WTBs or WTSs means you only see half the story.  I like being able to see both at once - makes it easier to get a reasonable grip on pricing.

Never really seems like small offers getting buried is a major problem.  I never list more then 1 or 2 items at a time, only times I get no replies is when I'm pricing too high.

Not really sure why people make those huge lists anyway.  Seems to counterproductive.  Makes your listing hard to read in a fast moving chat, and it's so rarely worth the effort of trying to read a huge list.  Suppose it's still better then "PM me for what I'm selling", but I can't imagine it actually works very well.

Easily implemented by having the channels side by side.  That way you can see both.  And supposedly the shotgun sales method works if so many people are using it.  I however find myself scrolling up a little bit to read what was posted and miss out on the most recent offers.

Desperate Tenno craving extra plat indeed.  But that is exactly why people posts paragraphs in the trading tab trying to sell everything at once.  At least this way it's all in one spot and easier to weed out the garbage.

Nice to see that someone else thinks that the trade chat is warped. +1 to your idea mate.

You know what I HATE? When people post EVERYTHING they have. My posts last no longer than 1 second on screen because of these guys.

I like those guys... what i hate is?

"Selling prime parts - PM me what you want"

"Hey dude do you have X Prime parts for sale?"

"Nope"

Trade is only annoying if your stuff aint selling but its not always a case of those kind of people - its just your stuff aint appealing enough to people at the time, we all have dry spells. Still the chat could do with a revamp anyway as its still swarmed with trolls and noobs who are too busy asking to buy "cheap momma hoes" or asking how to get "polly bundles" on there.

That's arguably the rarest part for ember though considering you need to go the painstakingly long ODD or T4D to get one. They also tend to go for about as much as Nova Systems or Volt Chassis

That's arguably the rarest part for ember though considering you need to go the painstakingly long ODD or T4D to get one. They also tend to go for about as much as Nova Systems or Volt Chassis

Indeed the issue with the likes of Ember BP is that well - its not THAT hard to get the rest of the parts, it becomes that ONE part everyone needs to finish the frame specifically. EVERY time i put WTS Ember Prime Set i get one or two "how much for just the bp?", annoying perhaps but you can see why they do it. Same with Loki Prime Systems... its that ONE part that eludes people unlike say Nova Prime where your at least gonna find a mix of people wanting the systems or chassis. Mind you when most of these are hidden behind crap drop chances on T4 endless missions then yeah most will not even be able to aquire them personally, they will NEED trade for such completions. That means they will have plat to burn and traders who want to take it off their hands - its a GOOD thing. If someone like the dude you quoted has 20 Ember BPs... then let him sell the damned things, get rich and love how your grind has rewarded you with great shiny riches!

The blueprint? What game are you playing? I literally have 20 sitting in my inventory. Her rarest part is the systems.

2 things i don't like.

Wtb 30 plat and people who don't put prices on their wares(they want to sell stuff for too much plat). I ignore them, which means i ignore 80 % of the chat.

I actually like people posting alot WITH prices on it. So it's easier to go with the flow.

So basically an ah.

You know. I can't help but notice this:

A lot of people complaining that trade chat doesn't work are people who say that it moves too quickly for their block of trash to be properly read and acted on. Like they think that there's an abundance of people who desperately want to buy bo ornaments and vasto barrels, and the only reason they aren't mobbed by buyers and raking in platinum left and right is because these buyers can't read the advertisement fast enough.

This....does not match reality.  Reality is that maybe 1/20th of the noise going on in trade chat is actually people trying to buy something. Making it move slower and be easier to follow isn't going to get you more sales. There's already way more than enough supply to satisfy demand except on a few of the rarest items.

i think it will be nice addition to the game, actually the game needs this mechanic. so DE pl+ put three taps and each tap if only for WTB or WTS or WTT.

i think it will be nice addition to the game, actually the game needs this mechanic. so DE pl+ put three taps and each tap if only for WTB or WTS or WTT.

It would just (very briefly) postpone the problem and not solve it. 15 minutes after someone would come complaining about the WTS tab, asking to split it into WTSWFMODS | WTSVAULTMODS | WTSCORRUPTEDMODS | WTSAUGMENTMODS | WTSPRIMEPARTS | etc...

(Worst problem is the WTS spamming) trading in general is in need of a really serious overhaul; no amount of chat tab-splitting subjects will solve it. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe