Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #53

[DE]Rebecca

Q1. According to the concept art section of the Codex, the Grineer Prosecutor models were original meant to be a Grineer working class or slave race, since they are named Labourers. Since they recently showed up in the Underwater Lab concept art aswell are there still any plans to introduce these workering class Grineer?

Q2. Is there any reason which speaks against replacing the current Skana and Lato as starter weapons with MK-1 variants and buff the the regular version to around Heat Sword or Vasto level of damage?

The current starter weapon selection seems a bit inconsistent with both weapons not being Mk-1s too.

Q3. How many people are currently working on the PvE weapon balance? Is it only Scott or is there an entire team working on that similar to PvP?

Q4. Seeing how Tenno can now run around with dual chainsaws at their wrists. Is there any chance the old Grineer Sawman could make a comeback with their palm mounted buzzsaws?

Perhaps giving the saws to the Flame Blades who could then finaly throw away those Provas they stole from the Corpus?

Q5. What was the motivation for making Archwing being attachable thrusters for Warframes, rather than for example compact space fighters?

Q6. Back in livestream 32, Geoff brought up the problem that most guns were still using the same holding position regardless of their design.

"Geoff: We’ll have to give them new grip options, because right now they all use rifle grip." Has this problem been resolved in your opinion or is it still something you want to do later?

Q7. The Ogris recently got a new model. What other older weapons are on the radar to get a makeover? Also what will happen to the old "lunch box of doom" model?

Q. Will be there more hidden rooms type on mission(planets/orokin) ?

Q. Would stalker get some defensive skill "buff" (like radial blind or terrify)? He seems to easy to kill these days with melee 2.0.

Q. Who would be our next prime frame, Saryn?! 

Q. Like we see Grinner Lancers(arid?) got a main weapon and sometimes throw grenades. When will tenno get a pack of throwing grenade as secondary?

Q. Sniper & shotgun buff?

Q. More archwing mission types? Or some mission(normal ones, not boss) like you sabotage/spy a Corpus spaceship and had to run out cause its gonna explode, then the mission turn on a exterminate or survival(limited time/endless coming of enemies) on archwing! - merged missions

Q. Smarter enemies? like hide, take cover or jump out on higher spots for a advantage. - most like for sniper crewman and ballista -

Q. When you guys launched the nightmare mode, there was the disadvantage that was without map. Can, anyhow, that drawback  come to some mission? Sort of an event or like....

Q. Would Zanuka be more tough(and smart)? Its seems weaker then Grustrag Three.

Q. Like Shik Tal(The Grustrag Three) that uses a Grinner Riot Shield, would be others type of shields(skins or weapons types) on the game, like Silva & Aegis.

Q. In old days of WF the scenario, depending on the server time(i may be wrong), look more sinister and dark... with less sparkling lights stuff - more like mist.

Q. Corpus and Grinner spaceship and planet arent only warplace... where is their cafeteria, restaurant or sleeping rooms? More daily places...

Q. On devstream 40? or was 41... i dont remember exactly. When you guys was talking about the syndicate things, someone throw the idea of, in some mission, the leader of the faction that are being helped, send some reinforcements to help you out. Where's those missions?

Q. Sometimes, i want to explore the whole spaceships for hidden treasures or something like that... so... cant we have some way to tease/swindle the locked doors(red ones), like a super hack, of a console that's bigger then 7 variation - like the one that you train on the cellphone - Anyway to an explorer mode or something like that ? explore for treasures, hidden history or something(bad)?

Thats all for now.... thanks for attention & sorry about spelling mistakes in English language.

Q: What are you hoping to accomplish with Excalibur's rework? On that point, will we see all frames revisited in this way to make them feel more like 'viable' choices for any level of content?

Q: You guys have done a great job incentivizing popping containers (such as void containers giving mods and finding rare containers), are there currently any plans to incentivize lockers in this way?

Q: When will we see more passives applied to frames (such as with Mesa)?

Q: Are there plans to help incentivize non-Endless missions types to make them feel rewarding? This is a concern I've had for quite some time. Spy 2.0 was a fantastic step in the right direction, but what of Exterm/Capture/Deception/Mobile Defense?

Q: I am SUPER excited for the Excalibur rework! However, past Excalibur and Frost, there hasn't been a whole lot of mention involving rebalancing old frames. Is the level of rework coming to Excalibur indicative of similar reworks for any of the other classic frames? My main frames all seem to be balanced enough, but I was curious if there was going to be any new incentive to play any of the less popular frames, namely a moveset facelift/retooling?

Q: We've seen Season 3 Alt Helms trickling out over time, is there any timeline as to  a large batch of them being released at once, as they were for Season 2, or are they likely to continue being released in this current fashion?

Thank you for your time :D

Edited by Gryphon4848

It would be nice to be able to craft or attain the regular boar primary instead of purchasing a pack, which is the only way to get it.  I think it is a bit unfair to have to purchase a package deal to get one weapon, especially if you already have all the other items that is in the pack besides the actual boar.  DE please address this, as I am not the only one that has mentioned this for months, there have been several reddit and forum posts on this very thing.  At least give it to the dojos to make or allow people to purchase the blueprints separately.

I've got a few items I'd like to bring up:

1 - Mastery Rank revamp:
    - Currently, there is a limit to MR level 19.  With the practice/test corridor now supporting up to MR30, what changes are you going to make to allow us past MR19?
    - Will you allow us to rank MR points from current weapons, etc. (sell weapon, buy BP and rebuild, and then rank XP towards MR)
    - If not, why these limitations?
    - More rewards for achieving next MR Level (perhaps an extra WF MOD slot at hight MR levels.  We lost two slots a few major updates ago).

2 - Will there be future option to forming a pack of Kubrows from my Liset (or a mix of sentinels and kubrow pack), and taking them on missions?

3 - Is there more information the ship the liset docks with in orbit?

Q: Any infos on Tombs of the Sentient?

Q: How will the Yin Yang Frame's playstyle be?

Q: How is the progress of Parkour 2.0?

Q: Will we be able to modify mission attributes like having lvl 100 enemies exterminate in Mars?

Q: Will the planets in the new Star Map have each gamemode for each planet?

Q: Any plan on scythe, sniper, or shotgun buffs?

Q: Will the auto stasis for Kubrow implemented before U17?

Q: When will Lotus visit the relay?

Q: What is the room between Darvo's market and Simaris' room at the 2nd floor of the Relay?

Q: Will Dera Vandal be introduced at the next event, or do we have to wait longer like Prova Vandal?

Q: Snipetron Vandal will be re-released, right? (it isn't really unfitting to the corpus lore since braton and jackal use bullets)

Q: Have you guys considered making basic combos of the older stances usable without equipping the melee weapon like Blind Justice, Astral Twilight, and Tempo Royale?

Q: Will the unreleased mods like EMP, Pistol Amp, and Looter be released? I want the Sentinel Sacrifice Mod badly.

Q: Any incoming gunblade or sword & shield weapons?

Is there any thought about enemies becoming dynamic throughout the starchart/levels? Rather than just increasing in health and damage, they could actually gain different abilities and special troops that make them more powerful. Manics seem like they're becoming a framework for such a system, and enemies like Hyenas and Jackals exist and have occasionally been seen outside their normal missions. Would you consider expanding this, and giving enemies more and varied abilities as they increase levels? So perhaps Butchers could have a partial cloak at level 30+, or Bombards could have a melee weapon for the player engaging at close range at level 40+, or Techs could summon attack drones and other Corpus machinery at level 25+. This would make progression seem more worthwhile IMO than just having players with bigger stats take on enemies with bigger stats.

At the moment, there's such great disparity between firearms and melee weapons. With firearms, there's a lower risk and greater reward. With melee, it's the exact opposite. For players looking for a weapon to to inflict damage in high level content, melee is no longer a viable option. Raids are a perfect example of this. Going into melee stance offers lower overall DPS and it becomes a liability to both the user and the team.

Will we ever see something to address this long time issue? Such as some innate finisher damage to channeling strikes, a much more lenient combo meter, or even damage reduction based on the combo multiplier (like adrenaline) as some examples.

1. With the talk of genetic foundry upgrades in the future has there been any thought about letting us incubate a Kubrow while still using one?  I would love to try my hand at Kubrow breeding or just hatching more of the murderous fuzzballs but I like using a Kubrow too much to go days without one.

2. This might be too big of a question to answer and if so that's fine, but has there been any talk of a rework of the game's balance?  What I mean is, "end-game" now is too...extreme I think would be a good word. Everything ends up at one extreme or the other. Damage, health, armor, accuracy, and the like is just ridiculously high, both on the Tenno side of things and the enemy side of things, and some things like power costs can be lowered to such a degree that it practically invalidates the energy system entirely. Balance is practically non-existent the closer you get to "end-game".

3. Another topic of balance, any plans to take a look at enemy accuracy again?  A single mook in an army should not have the accuracy that a Tenno does. If random grineer clone #1335623463 can shoot as well as them, or better than sometimes, they don't really seem like the engines of destruction the lore paints them as. But that's just how things seem to me at this point.  Once an enemy starts shooting, no matter how fast or randomly I move, unless I put something between them and me, I rarely, and I mean rarely, get away from the bullets.  Maybe, instead of high base accuracy, have them adopt an Accuracy by Volume mentality. A single trooper doesn't have to be a master sharpshooter, but with 30 of them shooting chances are someone's getting hit.

Edited by Aumaan

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out Warframe is rated M so it won't be affected by Twitch's latest RoC.

Anyways, what's the ETA on sniper rifles and shotguns buff/rework?

And will unreleased mods that showed up in the Codex or that were obtained through transmutation by some lucky dudes (Looter, EMP Aura, Affinity Amp, Pistol Amp, Shotgun Amp, and so on) ever be released?

Edited by ApexPredator-EN-

¬¬ Your Yes . yo trabajo De = leer Warframe = Yin yang y monkey King :v (Update 17)

1 Parkour 2.0 se en PvP y Speed de tiempo 

2.Rework : Excalibur , Stalker y Tyl regor ? 

3. new mapa de agua 

4. (U17 o 17.5) Raids de infestacion : J3-golem 

5. new sentients "Codex" :D 

6. Ash prime de arma prime : Vectis prime , Cortana prime y Carrier prime 

7.Proximos Evento 

8. Proto-armadura de Rhino " Dex (?) = 

9."new Star chart " ? Map 3.0 lol 

10.new arma

11. Mele de infestacion : MIOS

12. Nef Anyo ? Boss final

13.proximos Evento alertas : Snipertron vandalo

13."Skin/ Diseño = Frost prime y Excalibur prime

14. new sindicatos mods

15. PvP 2.0 :v

16. new kubrow ......new zanuka .... ? >.<

17.new Yin yang  y Monkey king

18. Hype Helf-life 3 xD = warframe New Typhus :V

19.What Dual Nikana ? Skin D: !

20. Fin. :)  

Second question: Would you consider consolidating more nodes by combining mission types? So for example, a mission might be labeled "Spy-Mobile Defense" and so it would have one spy terminal and two mobile defense ones. This would seem to be another way of consolidating nodes, in addition to removing repetative ones, that might prove less divisive, give more choice to players, and also be simpler anyway.

Q1: Given the rework to Parkour 2.0 could we see some changes to the physical mechanics of Melee (i.e. the way melee interacts with the environment and movement system). There are several issues with the way stances are currently implemented which impact the flow of game-play. First of all, several of the branch combos have aerial movements in them such as the pole vault in the Drifting Steel combo from the Bleeding Willow polearms stance and the leap from the Rising Lion combo in the Sinking Talon dual daggers stance. Intuitively theses combo branches should allow the Tenno to move over small obstacles in a similar fashion to vaulting over obstacles in the parkour system, however this isn't the case. Instead the Tenno stops moving and the animation plays in place. Could we see following the update to parkour a shift towards making the combos interact more intuitively and effectively with the environment?

Q2: Along similar train of thought could we see a separation between the rate at which Tenno move during a combo and the attack speed of the Melee weapon? Currently when using weapons with a slower attack speed for their stance class, Tenno actually loose movement speed when entering a branch combo. While this could be a design choice to separate light and heavy melee weapons, there doesn't seem to be much precedence in the primary and secondary weapon types to suggest that. In-fact as it stands it leads to weapons that would intuitively be easy to move with being the ones to slow the Tenno down the most, the ether daggers being an example of this.

Q3: With the Reintroduction of charged attacks could we see them implemented as a way to break combos and switch into another combo branch? For example have a charged attack finish one combo branch and skip to the second or third attack in the base combo so as to reduce the time needed to get to the more interesting effects in other branches. This would add a little additional flexibility to combos and reward some skillful play. Could charged attacks used at the end of a combo branch provide additional bonuses?

Q4: Could charged attacks be stance specific with the charged attacks from different stances giving different utility? Mobility based stances could have leaps or dashes and stances that generate procs could have flurries for example.

Edited by Tempered_Armature