Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #53

[DE]Rebecca

>Main question:  Weapon swap time and quick meele. Will swap system be redone? Its very lame currently. It glitches, swap cancel sometimes (If you try to swap while actively moving).  Swap time have to go. We want to meele enemies and shoot them middle combo without breaking it.

> Will enemies ever be less of a cannon fodder? Currently they all are...even heavy ones.  Im talking about enemies with larger TTK that doesnt use aimbot and actually dodgeable ? To use full Tenno potential against those.   Make their attacks predictable and dodgeable, but with HUGE damage output. So we actually die not because of many bleed procs...But because of a heavy punch in the face

> Will you try to improve lvl generation?  Loops, presets, full ship maps and ship types with prebuild maps. 

> Mod rebalance when? Rifle aptitude sucks. Multishot OP.  

What's the rationale for Trial rewards being 1 per day vs. 'first win of the day'? All it does - as best I can tell - is screw people who don't have a set, constant group to raid with. At least, that's my experience.
I used to go whenever friends asked for a hand, regardless of reward cooldown, but I don't like the Raid (let alone the potential instafail on nm) enough to continue putting up with the various bull$hit involved.
Most days I just don't bother with raids, at this point.

Ability to rename specific loadouts? (i.e. Config A/B/C.)

Mod 'downclocking'?

Was 'Conclave rating' removal from squad mouseovers intentional? Why? As best I can tell, all that does it limit people's available player-gauging metrics even more: MR, hours played.

Are (Corrupted) Bombards supposed to be as potent at proximity soft-killing Sentinels? I basically don't rely on having a sentinel anymore in missions I know they'll spawn in.
That's arguably an argument for Kubrows... except that mine live in the freezer and I don't pre-plan doing Void stuff -> Rez sickness means I couldn't use them if I wanted to.
(And no, I'm not going to pay plat to rush a waitwall I dislike on a concept I don't care for, for one single mission.
And yes , I get that removing that neuters the credit-sink of Kubrow DNA stability. Feel my sorrow.)

What is Limbo's intended role? Or, more to the point - do you consider him to be 'in a good spot' now? What with e.g. disallowing him from interacting with some consoles, disallowing Rift-use in Raids, et al.
I mean, Rift seems to mostly lend itself to travel-safety... but the 'no carry' means that it's useless for about half those modes. (Good: Spy, Rescue, Sabotage. Bad: Excavation, Mobile Defense, Deception.)

Will team bars be getting an energy bar as well? Always miss one when playing a Trinity.

Is having 2 concurrent Infestations -> Potentially 2 simultaneous Phorids a story or gameplay element?

On that note, why aren't my Nyx's Psychic bolts (+254% power str) a quarter as effective as a level 35 Phorid's? Is it (that much) more potent a psychic than Nyx?

Edited by Chroia

What news on Limbo becoming a viable -- or for those who complain about that term -- more commonly usable frame?

I, several others, would really like to see some changes made to him to encourage more people to use him.
The major issue is that there is more deficit than benefit to be had by being in the Rift.

Please check this thread for some suggestions:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/457798-limbo-changes-for-usability/

The only thing I remember from OP:

NEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETSNEWPETS

As the updates and streams have progressed over time, the community has developed immense expectations out of Warframe and DE as a whole.
(Sometimes out of respect and admiration, other times out of hype and unrealistic desires...)

Is there anything specific that the developers expected out of the community but hasn't seen a lot of, or anything you expected and were completely overwhelmed with?

will excal's ult be similar to valkyr's? will it have invincibility and scale off of your melee weapon? I feel this might be too redundant and personally hope otherwise just for the sake of uniqueness.

What are your plans to balance out the maximum Mastery obtainable between the oldest and the newest players? Given we're not even halfway to Rank 30 yet in terms of pure points, if Mastery is ever to matter in a meaningful way such as for whatever Focus becomes, this ever-growing gulf must be closed.

I personally find the lore behind the braton/prime quite interesting. i was wondering, given how nef is nuts about the void, would there be newer corpus weapons that are derived from old orokin tech?

are there any plans to make thrown weapons usable aside from just throwing them? i absolutely love the combos in astral twilight but find it such a waste that to even do decent damage with any thrown weapon, you have to throw it.

with excal's current rework, i understand that his 4th will be a hysteria-like ability. my only concern is Excal's ability to mitigate damage. With the current LOS requirements on Radial Blind, there are many enemies that the ability will miss completely even though they are literally an inch away from someone who was affected, and Valkyr is invulnerable when using her 4th but i doubt excal will have the same treatment. could we get some light shed on how Excal 2.0 will be able to survive into the more difficult content?

Q: Since Excal gets his own stance, any chance the Iron Phoenix get additional combo? (There are many more that needs additional combos but since we're talking about sword)

Q: When will we fight derf anyo (not nef)?

Q: Any update on Parkour and stamina system? 

Q: Can you draw the lottery for the next next prime/weapons? 

Edited by Hueminator

Q: With the new tileset we also saw a bunkbed and shower tile, will we see more tiles added to the other tilesets that shows that people are actually living and working there.

Q: We now have the hub area to show all the rebels against the two major factions. Will we see civilians in the future or other clear indications that we are really protecting people/ slaves other than ourselfs

Q: Will bosses get more cutscenes and personality like Captain Vor has? Vor is the only boss in the game with an intro quest and cutscene which shows his personality. Alad has an cutscene that is only viewable on youtube and not in-game, and the Mesa quest is set after a lot of events and lore.

Since none of the boss events are in the game anymore (gradivus, mutalist, etc.) none of the bosses has any introduction before fighting them (exept for Vor)

While everyone else is asking questions about stuff that will be in U17, I'm going to ask this:

What do you have planned for the dojo's, if anything?

I am not referring to stuff like clan tech research and other small bits. When are we going to see more room additions? Overhauls to the building process and building/planning improvements?

The last time anything major was done with the dojo's was what, last June? It's been nearly a year, let's give the dojo's some more, much needed love.

I'd love to see a hangar room added in to the dojo's as a place to spawn and see the liset(and maybe even clanmate's lisets!) like the hangar in the relays.

Questions:

1° Any plans for Kogake & Atticca getting a Vandal/Wraith etc etc version?

2° Could be possible to assign/add a extra color palette tab for the warframe powers? (not sharing palette with energy)

3° The new arrows decorations seems a bit oversized will they get resized or are they supposed to be that big?

4° Nunchaku's soon? :D

Q: Will the Supra ever get a buff? Cuz that is expensive to make but really sucks...Plz buff

Q: Will you prime the other sentinels like Dethcube etc.

Q: When are we getting Ash Prime?

Q: Can you release IN-SHIP skins?

Q: Are you ever going to release Kubrow Prime? lel

Q: Can you give rewards to MR's? 

Q: Can you release story-type quest? Also if you plan to do it make it huge...Try

Thnx

Edited by Desracto

Join us this Friday, May 29 for Devstream #53 where we take a look at some new content + talk about the ambitions for our next Major Update! From Excalibur rework to new pets, we've got lots to share!

Who: Scott, Sheldon, Geoff, Steve & Rebecca take their seats on the couch to discuss Warframe!

What: We'll also be doing a Q&A period with questions from our community!

What Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, May 29 at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on May 29. Get your questions in!  

General Note: The candid nature of devstream leads to a lot of speculation. A particularly hot item is the plans for the Star Chart. Please note that until we have concrete items to show, we won't have too much to discuss this stream. We will address the topic broadly but have no specifics this week.

thanks for that 'general note' subsection at the bottom Rebs, little statements like this can go a long ways towards smoothing out communications, its not a herculean effort, but its the thought that counts

1) Can we have more Dojo content? mostly things to put in Dojo rooms. They still feel empty and repetitive  

2) Snipers are something that people keep saying will get buffed but a single shot sniper in such a fast moving, enemy swarming game seems pointless imho. Is there any plans to bring out a fast semi or fully auto sniper riffle? As this would be much more useful in large crowds of enemies. something with maybe a 3 round burst and 30-40 ammo? just one example of styling   https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2549/4255653977_c8f6cd4a61_z.jpg?zz=1 

3) Weapon optics are used in game on some of the weapons the buzzlock, lanka, vectis for example could these be extended to some of the other ranged weapons latrons, grinlock, sybaris etc this would give them more appeal to use as the long range weapons they were intended to be?

4) Warframe concept:  I can't draw and I can't paint however I do have a concept for a warframe that would use....  Kinetic Energy

This Warframe would honour the traditional Japanese style of Warframe and also its futuristic cyber image as well.... 

Warframe name: DE can choose

Warframe Powers:

1) Kinetic Blades    

Use's the kinetic energy in the surrounding area to sharpen Melee weapons and add slash, puncture or impact base damage to them. Like preparing a good samurai sword for battle it should be sharp and prepared for blood. This would make Melee weapons the favoured choice for the Warframe and open up lots of new possibilities for melee combat for this frame. Large swords and staves would impact more, and slashing weapons would cut harded. This would also mean choosing a weapon would also be key to a good build of the frame.

2)  PinBall

Pinball would manipulate the flying bullets in the area and redirect them away the Warframe by using the Warframes traditional Sunshade hat. The hat could spin off the Warframe head and deflect bullets away from surrounding Warframes for a few seconds. This would be a breathing space power designed not to make people invincible but give a much needed break in some tricky rooms. I'd keep this to just a few seconds so its not too powerful. The Sunshad style hat of the Warframe would be metalic and bounce around the room making the pinging noise similar to a pinball in a pinball machine

3) Precise Force 

Warframe would stamp in the ground planting itself. It would defend itself with its melee weapon and charge up using the kinetic damage of the bullets hiting it. After it has charge it would release the energy in a single samurai style swipe, beheading enemies in a cone around it. This Power is designed to simulate a samurai making one precise hit rather than a multitude of shots like a ninja would. When its planted it would have lower movement speed and higher defence meaning it could be tweaked at will to balance the frame.

4) Hyperkinetic Charge

Hyperkinetic Charging would charge an enemy with the kinetic energy of everything else in the area. The charged enemy would then run off terrified and after a delay explode dealing massive damage to the surrounding enemies. This effect would be unique because the selection of the enemy would effect where the explosion would happen, and the explosion would be centred on an enemy and not on the warframe. A Warframe based proximity could also be added meaning if the player was too close they'd also take damage similar to an Ogris or Penta backfire. This would make the power very fun to use but also require skill and tactics. This power would require a delay to make it unique and would also require selection of the right enemy. Choose wrong and it could kill you instead of others. 

Warframe looks:

As I've said I can't draw however the Styling of the Warframe should be a Japanese Cyber Samurai. A traditional Sunshade hat would complete the look and could also be used for its second power. I feel the Warframe should be bulky but fast like a nimble rhino type frame. It should feel honed and athletic like Excalibur but also strong and refined like Rhino. I'd also like it to fit with the Techy side of Warframe and be very Advanced to give it a distinct look and feel, I cant draw but I've googled some ideas that look similar something like this.... 

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140729220006/cyberpunk2044/images/f/fb/602x1100_20331_Samurai_2d_sci_fi_character_robot_mech_samurai_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

but more traditional like this....

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/273/8/4/Samurai_Robot_Guy____thing_by_Legato895.jpg

I think this Warframe would be unique enough not to look or sound like any current Warframe and also be fun and interesting to play and add a different dynamic to current Warframe gameplay. I imagine one or two of the powers maybe tricky to do, but I'm sure you wizards at DE could come up with something epic. One of the things I've thought was missing from Warframe for a while was a samurai and given the current expansion of melee frames such as excal, and expansion of the sentinels and Orokin Lore a hidden Samurai frame would fit perfectly at this time. 

Edited by -Unbound-Chaos-