Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Players' Opinion Witcher 3

Lord-Taco-the-Great

I am really enjoying it. Combat-wise it feels like a more polished version of The Witcher 2's total combat overhaul (which makes sense since the modder that made that is the main combat designer now).

The world is way more open, the environment is super detailed and interesting, and the quests are great. It has none of that empty universe feel that most open world games have.

beautiful game, technical and strategic combat. X rated version of skyrim with, IMO, better and more thought out lore and story since it is based on a 20+ year old novel series. Since the main character is static he is voiced and interacts with everyone else unlike the voiceless ones we get in most other franchises. Amazing sound and voice acting and a plethora of difficult foes. 

if you have a decent system to run it, you are in for a treat in its beauty.

Edited by OvAeons

I was looking to buy the game, but before I sink my money into it I wanted to hear your opinions on it. 

one question,

did you play 1 and 2,

and i mean sink over thousand hours into them

if not

dont

you wont get what people like me get out of it, you need to play the others.

one question,

did you play 1 and 2,

and i mean sink over thousand hours into them

if not

dont

you wont get what people like me get out of it, you need to play the others.

reading the books also covers everything, i already know what happens and i am covered for a possible Witcher 4 :P

Edited by OvAeons

Foliage looks like crap, game is a lot more colorful and saturated than in the old trailers (looks absolutely terrible, imo, sweetfx necessary), and there's no place to store stuff you don't want to carry in your immediate inventory.

But it's also the only game I've been playing for the past week.  The quests are all awesome, even the side quests; you won't find many (if any) fetch quests like you would in, say, Dragon Age: Inquisition.  The world is incredibly detailed, and the cities/villages have just as much detail put into them.  Combat is also nice enough, though you might want to alter some keybinds if you plan on using KB+M (Alt to Dodge, who's the genius that thought that was a good idea?)

Another caveat: if you haven't at least caught up on the general story of the past two games, you will be lost and/or confused.  Some knowledge of Geralt's backstory wouldn't hurt either, but it isn't required.

An over hyped game?

It all depends on you and what style of game you like, dunno if opinions could work without trying yourself.

The words of a heretic. GET HIM

The game gets a lot of hate for the "downgrade" which wasn't really a downgrade, considering anyone who compares the game to a 2 years old footage with newer trailers out that DOES look like the game is a fool.

The game went through some stylistic changes, that being said it's still one of the best looking games, especially with a world larger than Skyrim.

Anyone who actually played it can only bring up small gripes, like a not-so great inventory, or too small text for books.

That being said, it's a PC game, we observe it closely, so who cares.

You are paying 60 bucks for a game that can last 200 hours, has meaningful and interesting sidequests, not just fodder, and presents you with 36! different endings. 

TL;DR, quite possibly the best RPG of all time. Even for hardcore fans of old-school RPGs with rose tinted glasses.

Edited by Cynaris

The words of a heretic. GET HIM

The game gets a lot of hate for the "downgrade" which wasn't really a downgrade, considering anyone who compares the game to a 2 years old footage with newer trailers out that DOES look like the game is a fool.

The game went through some stylistic changes, that being said it's still one of the best looking games, especially with a world larger than Skyrim.

Anyone who actually played it can only bring up small gripes, like a not-so great inventory, or too small text for books.

That being said, it's a PC game, we observe it closely, so who cares.

You are paying 60 bucks for a game that can last 200 hours, has meaningful and interesting sidequests, not just fodder, and presents you with 36! different endings. 

TL;DR, quite possibly the best RPG of all time. Even for hardcore fans of old-school RPGs with rose tinted glasses.

Maybe.

Mmmmmm....

It's like having hot, hardcore

popcorn. 

W-What were you thinking, you perverted scum! B-Baka!

It's awesome, really.

Edited by Evanescent

There is an official one sold by CDPR, I think it was the one included in the Collector's Edition too.

It's a quite heavy magnesium - metal  alloy medallion and chain.

https://www.witcherstore.com/p/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_medallion_and_chain.html