The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The New Banshee Augment...

CataReverb

Useless.  100% useless.  When I use sonic boom, I'm opening up for a ground finisher or clearing infested off a pod, which bypasses armor anyways, and I rarely even do that since Silence opens up for regular finishers, and savage silence doesn't affect ground finishers.  Since heavy armor enemies don't swarm around a point, and only Grineer and Corrupted even have armor most of the time...

What could fix it?  Couldn't say.  Maybe increased stun duration or pin enemies knocked back to walls, I don't know.

Like with Seeking Shuriken, if you have +43% or higher power str, it completely removes enemy armor. This is strong as hell and allows yet another frame to remove armor while solo.

I wonder why Banshee gets so good augments.

I wonder why Banshee gets so good augments.

Reason A is that she is simply very weak overall, so obviously when the "never nerf" pandering strategy is applied to her, the benefits she gains have to be huge compared to other frames.

Reason B is that DE are incompetent at game design and have no concept of game health or gameplay balance, so whenever they enact changes, they enact them in a vacuum of "if bad, make stronger", rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Reason C is that Augments are horribly executed as an idea, which is an extension of reason B, in that: in it's incompetence, DE decided to make what in a competently designed and maintained game would be  a baseline change to improve the balance, into an optional component that has to be earned through lots of hard work.

In case it's not clear, reasons B and C mean that DE is gating BALANCE UPDATES, behind grinding one's ! off for the syndicates.

Edited by Naqel

I believe it to be useless outside T4 runs. I can hardly fit mods on her for a non-augment build and if I do find the slots of an augment, resonance is the way to go for me...much more useful overall (14x more damage that spams around, C'mon you can't deny it) so this new augment is useless and has no place in any of my builds...and if you ask me personally I'd say a lot of people is not even going to get it or see it while they play.

Edited by Domaik

I believe it to be useless outside T4 runs. I can hardly fit mods on her for a non-augment build and if I do find the slots of an augment, resonance is the way to go for me...much more useful overall (14x more damage that spams around, C'mon you can't deny it) so this new augment is useless and has no place in any of my builds...and if you ask me personally I'd say a lot of people is not even going to get it or see it while they play.

It's not terrible at all, It's greatly useful for 2 factions, and the mod your talking about, resonance only recast a sonar not a dmg buff. How about you combine them. 100% armor gone with sonar = Overkill.

Reason A is that she is simply very weak overall, so obviously when the "never nerf" pandering strategy is applied to her, the benefits she gains have to be huge compared to other frames.

Reason B is that DE are incompetent at game design and have no concept of game health or gameplay balance, so whenever they enact changes, they enact them in a vacuum of "if bad, make stronger", rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Reason C is that Augments are horribly executed as an idea, which is an extension of reason B, in that: in it's incompetence, DE decided to make what in a competently designed and maintained game would be  a baseline change to improve the balance, into an optional component that has to be earned through lots of hard work.

In case it's not clear, reasons B and C mean that DE is gating BALANCE UPDATES, behind grinding one's ! off for the syndicates.

I see myself becoming you with every post I make on this forum. DE have disappointed me aswell...but have faith ?

Have faith ?

The extent of my faith, the sum total of the benefit of the doubt I'm willing to give them, is the Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Then I look at the plans for the next update, where I see that once again, a problem(kubrows die when you don't log in for a while), is fixed by an OPTIONAL component, you have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to obtain(an item that puts near dead kubrows in stasis).

It is really <redacted> hard to have even that bare minimum of trust for DE, when they pull stuff like this every damn time.

Edited by Naqel

It's a good augment for solo play when you don't want to melee every single enemy that you knocked down (or can't melee finisher every single enemy you knocked down). The armor debuff lasts for the entire time the enemies pick themselves up off the ground, and for a few seconds after that. So basically it's like a localized Corrosive Projection for you and your team. In that sense, it's very similar to Seeking Shuriken or Abating Link.

Oh, yeah, and it stacks with sonar since the weakspots will no longer have the armor damage reduction on them. Pretty nifty if I do say so myself. It's definitely not the most exciting mod, but it's definitely not useless.

In theory, it could also work well in a team that wants to run something other than Corrosive Projection. Have the Banshee cast Sonar, then have her Sonic Boom a small crowd. Then everyone focuses the crowd and moves onto the next bunch. This sounds like far more work and far more situational than it's worth, though. That's where Abating Link would work better. Plus, there's no reason to bring anything but x4 CP into an endless mission anyway.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Solo play?? I dont think so... the moment your ~10x boost from sonar isn't enough, you are already getting oneshooted.

Those are not enemies you want to solo with banshee, nor enemies you want to keep closer than 30m (boom with overextend).

Its 'nice to have' in such situation, but it is situation you don't want to be in.

Solo play?? I dont think so... the moment your ~10x boost from sonar isn't enough, you are already getting oneshooted.

Those are not enemies you want to solo with banshee, nor enemies you want to keep closer than 30m (boom with overextend).

Its 'nice to have' in such situation, but it is situation you don't want to be in.

Well you're obviously not waltzing up to a Heavy and Booming in her face. You can SB groups of enemies from oblique angles out of a flip jump or a slide, for example.

Also, Silence solves your problem when you're first entering a room or get within range of a group of mobs. The short stagger it provides is more than enough time to Boom the group at hand.

It's just an exploitable bandaid to deal with broken Grineer armor scaling at later levels.  It's definitely useful but we shouldn't need it in the first place.

^This

I'd rather armor be reworked entirely so that 100% armor bypass features are supplements to your offense, rather than necessities. But that's too much to ask for, apparently. Then again, I have no suggestions to improve enemy armor scaling.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Well you're obviously not waltzing up to a Heavy and Booming in her face. You can SB groups of enemies from oblique angles out of a flip jump or a slide, for example.

Yeah, but jumping around mobs that can oneshot you is far from something i wanna do regularly. Sooner or later you will get hit...

Thats why im saying, its borderline usefull.

But banshee already have one great augment, one good augment, so im not complainig if she gets one that is not that great.

Edited by Vulp4

agree accept to the point of banshee. Well i wouldn't call a 1400%> dmg buff useless.

Yep, but at the point where sonar dont boosts your dmg enough, and you require armor striping, people are already running 4 CPs.

So not very usefull.

Somebody doesn't understand why having ways other than CP will allow people to not have to use CP...