Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee/zephyr Do You Use Them, If So What For

(XBOX)demonizer andy

Question

as the title suggests, iv been looking at these lonely pair for some time though, but as with limbo i cant really see a place for them in my line up,and you never see them in game, especially zeph, soooooooooooooooo are they terrible, orrrrrrrr are they hidden gems...

whats your thoughts on these 2 frames, if you use them what for, whats your build etc etc

As with any warframe, you need to learn how to use them or learn how to make them useful.  Above all that, most people use warframe by preference.  Frames like Zephyr and Banshee tend to fall under what people prefer not to use, but that does not mean they are bad or useless warframes.

For me, I use both Zephyr and Banshee when I am in the mood to do so, and I use them for crowd control and support.

I hardly ever play banshee, as no matter what I do she just doesn't feel "good" to me.

Zephyr, on the other hand, is one of my favorite frames, I mainly use her against corpus, since they have next to no counters for Turbulence.

Banshee can be use for about anything, but she's best with a dedicated team that can (and knows that they can) benefit from what she can do for them. She's a very active warframe and really about a perfect blend of power use and gunplay. She's VERY active, if played correctly. I like her in endless modes where Sonar actually can come into its own and your teammates are a bit less inclined to go full retard.

Zephyr I tend to use for solo survivals and if extreme mobility is needed for something. She's limited in offense and has to rely on her guns almost entirely. Her team can benefit from her defenses if modded for extreme range (and if they have a clue; most don't) and she can defend fixed objectives surprisingly well in a passive fashion.

I have multiple builds for both, emphasizing different powers and power combinations for specific purposes. Both are good 'frames and have their place--Banshee being one of the best 'frames in the game overall and Zephyr a solid choice for goal oriented missions. They only reason you don't see them more is a lemming mentality in the community and lack of imagination.

I love Banshee and use her for a lot of things.  Mostly she's my newb 'frame that I take on missions to help out new players.  Her Sonar is perfect for helping them bridge the gap between higher levels when they haven't picked up the "must have" mods and her Silence is great for fast getaways and revives.

I haven't played Zephyr since I maxed her and shelved her. :X

Edited by Noamuth

Zephyr because she's a speedy female tank frame. Not because of her 150 base health and shield values, but mainly because of Turbulence which deflects shots from non-hitscan weapons. Stack duration, and you'll be nearly invincible in void/corpus missions.

Probably the biggest reason I can think of why most players don't play as her is her high build cost which requires a whopping 600 oxiums in total. Given how she's available from the start in the clan dojos(which most early players will find considering they decide to just join into a clan), and the build cost, most players tend to just pass her and focus on getting other frames which require cheaper materials.

Another reason is probably her 'floaty' feel. While she is tanky and all, I did feel turned off from playing as her solely because I disliked her floaty feel which makes her take too long to land or 'drift' when I wanted to turn corners and stopped playing as her for a while. But don't get me wrong, she's still a very good frame for void and corpus maps and is very tanky.

Edited by Knightmare047

I haven't still zehpyr but I played with banshee and she is my third favorite frame after trinity and mag. Very good cc skills and when need she can save her team with a good timing sonic boom. Silence also very useful no matter what enemy type is nothing can defend against it. 

I love Banshee, but she is one of the worst looking, gangly frames IMO. Anyway, sonar with resonance and max power can do a 1400% multiplier, or something. When I started falling in love with her this is what I went toward, but she is squishy and you need to be good at avoiding damage at the levels this amt of power on sonar is even needed. Still nice to see enemies on the map though. Now I realized her true use lies in the CC of Sonic Boom (I think it's called... number 4). Want to go easy street on interceptions and excavations? Mod for max range and efficiency and press 4 (come out every once in a while to not be considered AFK). You can still use sonar, but it is not going to be the OP strength... still good for seeing where enemies are though. Warning: this is booooorrrriiiinnnggggggggg.

Zephyr I know can be a tank, but I use Chroma for tanking and never like Zephyr much. I used to use the frame with max duration to tail wind across capture missions for credit farming, but I don't see the point in using Zeph for tanking when Chroma/Valkyr does it better IMO.

Edited by Modulus14

I use Banshee offensive build w/blind rage at times when I run offensively.
Other times just max range - duration - efficiency. for a better defensive/Crowd Control build.

She's a beast when used effectively.
Zeph, I haven't had the pleasure of running..yet.

Oh look my two favorite frames. Yes they are good. Banshee I use everything but silence as that is more for solo play. Zephyr I love jetting around the stage IMO she need a bit more energy efficiency as her abilities are a bit to expensive but they are good so I can understand it as we'll.

Zephyr is a tank.... and that's about it. Her flying is basically a cool niche, and her CC is RNG based, which is baaad. I found her quite boring, tbh.

Banshee can be any of a damage amp, an excellent cc frame, and even one of the best melee frames. Shes also by far the best frame to level crappy weapons with... hit the glowing spot and kill stuff with an unranked lato.

So, yeah.

Zephyr with max range on excavation missions dont need to kill anything other than power cell carriers stand side of excavator thats all

Zephyr on void and corpus level wont matter the only frame better at corpus than zephyr would be queen of all shields Mag with zephyr its all about not taking any damage build for between medium and max range for turbulence and tornado so that tornado doesnt spawn at a useless place turbulence always up like rhinos iron skin But never take on a grineer and infested they just shred her as if she is paper but on void and corpus you can easily complete t4 survival missions and take absolutely no damage for a whole mission

Zephyr is the Queen of Triton, and is great on any non-Infested defensive type mission with a max range Turbulence build; Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavation, Rescue, Hijack. Can also be good for Capture, Sabotage and Deception missions with a Strength focused Jetstream build.

Banshee, I mostly use to level fresh weapons. A Resonance build makes low level weapons a lot more useable. A Narrow Minded Savage Silence build can make any crappy low level melee weapon useable even on Pluto and Ceres. But other than that, she's useful on any high level mission to amplify the team's damage with Resonance and maybe her new armor stripping augment.

Zephyr-didnt use her for ages. Hmm, not sure if she is even colored in the same colors as my other frames.

Banshee-i use her from time to time as fun factor frame. Knocking down stuff, debuffing them with Sonar and Silence, and using WubWub for mass crowdcontroll.

Zephyr is the Queen of Triton,

and Limbo is the king. 

Seriously tho, standing on top of your objective in order to protect it is incredibly restrictive, and damn boring. I really dislike using Zephyr as a defense frame because of that.

Once the devs fix grineer aimbot insta hit issue with Turbulence, who knows? Maybe Frosty will be replaced with "LFM t1d. -----NEED----Mesa, gmag, zephyr, and nekro."

I feel dirty just saying this. Nerf peacemaker/greedy pull. I am sick of seeing these stupid efficiency comps.

ON TOPIC:

I use Zephyr for Tornado + viral procs from gun. Speed runs, shes the queen of speed. Over for fun, shes underappreciated and underused. Also her looks are great.

Banshee....shelved. Not much other than resonance spam for maximum overkill.

Edited by holstein

Banshee's definitely one of the most versatile female frames in the game. 

A giant AoE knockdown with unlimited targets, added enemy weakpoints that can bring even heavily armored void bombards low in under two seconds, a room-wide simultaneous enemy stun, and then an ult that repeatedly stagger locks most of the chamber? We have ourselves a very well rounded kit that greatly benefits from any build that ensures you have positive stats with range. 

Combine that with three very well done augments (1. Sonic boom strips away enemy armor, this skill can hit a ton of enemies at once. 2. Stacking weak points. 1million damage Paris Prime/Dread anyone? 3. Chain stun every enemy AND leave them open for finishers. The entire room! 

She's a very formidable frame but no one ever appreciates her and the extent of her modibility, yet she's always been my Queen of Warframe. 

standing on top of your objective in order to protect it is incredibly restrictive, and damn boring. I really dislike using Zephyr as a defense frame because of that.

I find it less restrictive than Limbo's Rift mechanic or the inability to shoot into a snowglobe, but YMMV.

Edited by OniGanon

Banshee is one of my personal favorite frames actually, only second to Loki in terms of usage. She's not the best frame for solo play but she's a really good team player, Sonar being great for damage (even more so with Resonance) and Sonic Boom/Soundquake being great for keeping enemies at bay while your teammates revive a downed player. Even Silence isn't that bad if you use it to charge the enemy.

Don't really use Zephyr much though. I don't find her skillset all that engaging and there's just something about her aesthetics I don't like (might be all the uncolorable grey bits).

again a lot of love/hate for both, the reason im asking is because like someone said im bored of the same mechanics in game, or same team set ups, i always try and be a little different and try a different route, did 5 t4 def in a row the other day, i was mesa, and just peacemaker held down for a couple hours, i literally fell asleep towards the end, or same with frost spamming a globe every 4 seconds, or nova using 1 ability. though i guess most frames are the same once you find that balance,

loki is ok with disarm and invis, trin is good fun juggling energy and health restorations, i like to bring mirage out for a play sometimes for damage, but gonna go for 1 of these 2 just to shake it up, i tend to play survival mostly its my fav type, orrrrr def if i really have to.