Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Cattus (Cat - Latin)

Ketuwong Ioang (Alien animal - Na'Vi language from Avatar movie) improvised to Warframe: Ketubrow ; Katubrow

Laetus (colorful - Latin) improvised to Warframe: Laebrow

Heard you all like Latin names...

Here's something else

Kaaz (cat in the Dragon language - Dovahzul - it's Skyrim if you still haven't get it).

Here my Suggestion, Since Catbrow Look So Elegant, And Wild Beauty, I put Their name Associated with Beauty From Different Language's, and Combine It with Made up Gibberish Inspired from Sanskrit.

Mar'taja, Gibberish form of Sanskrit for Cat, Marjara

Since There is several Catbrow Variants, like Kubrow, Here My Suggestion.

(Hindi) Sunetra Mar'taja = Pretty Eyes Mar'taja

(Italian)Bellissa Marta'ja = Fair, Lovely one Mar'taja

(Greek)Areta Mar'taja =Virtuous Mar'taja

Calanthe Mar'taja = Beautiful Flower Mar'taja

(Hungrian)Ilona Mar'taja = Beautiful Sunshine Mar'taja

(Native American. Quechua) Imasu Mar'taja = Beauty Mar'taja

Grineer Catbrow

(Gaelic) Finualla Mar'taja = Fair Maiden Mar'taja

Feral Catbrow

(Irish)Duvessa Mar'taja = Dark Beauty Mar'taja

Edited by Blood_Poppy

Well, here's my thought process:

We have Kubrows (dogs) and hopefully Hunhows (birds, ZeroJackdaw has an incredibly awesome concept for them in the Warframe forums here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295198-the-hunhow-20-utility-only-companion-concept-the-rebirth/)

Then I thought that maybe the 'ow' on the end of the names means something. Like maybe 'companion'? So a good name for the Catbrow would be...

And my mind offers up, shining in glorious light, the name...

'Meyow'

Lol!

Edit: Added link to Hunhow concept.

Edited by LokiBird

How about "Tengu" -A type of legendary creature in Japanese tradition, and a type of Shinto spirit. They had avian characteristics, though "Tengu" itself means "Heavenly Dog." (Arguably a good description for "cat!") I like the name, the traditional relevance, and the fact that the avian aspects match the style of the Catbrow's tail!

Seeing as they had to be tamed somehow, this following passage seemed relevant;

"Tengu were disruptive demons and harbingers of war. Their image gradually softened, however, into one of protective, if still dangerous, spirits of the mountains and forests." 

-Paraphrases came from this Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu 

hm, er

Bili

Sher

no, not sci-fi enough. Plus those are literally just the Urdu words for a cat and a lion or a tiger respectively

... Bagheerex?

I'm awfully tempted to suggest naming them after a furry friend of mine who has a cat fursona (she goes by the name Emiko. That's a bit odd sounding for a species name, never mind)

...Will we be having Kubrow based on like, bigger cats? like lynxes and S#&$? Caracals?

wait- how about... Feracals.

catmagotchi . So more broken, high maintenance pets yay. why not fix the kubrow first then add more critters? As it stands the degrade require a fortune in credits to make them viable and if you don't log in the hate you. Eh good old reliable carrier anyone?

Edited by (PS4)Draconis1981