Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They Just Show A Parkour Move That Can Replaced The Dependant Of A Player In Copter. (I Hope De Realized This)

Rayzenfloss

Why does the ability to copter need to go in the first place what is bad about it being in the game?

A few reasons.

First, it looks incredibly wonky and doesn't make much sense. Your frame is creating forward momentum as if they had an invisible jetpack strapped to them since they aren't pushing off from anything. After coptering is done, your frame does a weird animation like the old Sonic the hedgehog game where their legs animate like they're walking impossibly fast in mid air while sheathing their weapon.

It's also incredibly inconsistent. With a lot for weapons, you can copter in air, only to gain a small amount of momentum one try, and a large amount on another.

It also limits melee weapon choice based on mobility, which should not factor into your melee choice at all. Why should I be penalized in non-combat mobility for my choice of melee combat weapon? Why should I be left behind by other players if I enjoy slicing things up with my Dragon Nikana more than my Tipedo? Why does effective melee combat have to tied to how fast you can travel when not in combat, especially when it has little reason for which weapons are good at coptering and which aren't?

Edited by Ashnal

And that would be a problem ...why? Oh yeah because : combo/melee system < slide attack.

Removing slide attack isn´t the problem here - it´s the fear only the combo/melee system remains. And the combo/melee system needs huge work.

Parkour is inherently bound to so, so many problems .. jesus christ.. it´s literally a can of worms.

I don't agree with removing the slide attack as a tool for melee combat, only the ability to do it in mid air. Slide attacking enemies on the ground as a part of combat actually feels really good. It allows you to close small gaps a little bit quicker while ending with a  powerful attack, a gap closer from enemy to enemy. It's kind of like a mini slash dash that any frame can do.

I'd just like to see the ability to slide attack in mid air removed. Simply make the frame air attack if slide and melee are used in mid air. Then, make ground slide attack distance more consistent between weapons, where all weapons cover the same distance, but still do it at their attack speed, returning to normal speed after the attack is done. 

That makes way for the new parkour 2.0 abilities to be used for rushing through levels.

Edited by Ashnal

Soooooooooooooo...... they complain about us coptering now....

And now theyll cry about us "Ninja Dashing" then.

Guess I better quit now since I do that solely because im tired of staring at the same walls over n over again.

Either way im rushn through so why change a system that works for something else that will also be abuseable just cause a minority doesnt approve?

Talk about stooping too a new level

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

Why does the ability to copter need to go in the first place what is bad about it being in the game?

To start, there are two forms of "coptering." Traditional coptering, dating back to 2013, is a sprint jump into a midair slide and then melee attacking with a weapon with very fast attack speed such as the Dual Zoren or Ichor. This was used to speed up the gameplay as wall running is very slow comparatively. Note that it can be done on the ground as well but you lose out on momentum from hitting the ground faster.

The other form is actually called "directional melee," but many refer to it as coptering anyway. It is a simple jump and middair melee attack. This is much simpler to do and is open to almost every non heavy weapon. The history of this style comes from the change of melee to the melee 2.0 system now, where attacking while jumping does not automatically commence a slam attack, and rather a swipe in the air. The best weapons for this style are Orthos Prime and the Tibedo.

It's "bad" because it takes away from what movement is supposed to be and limits some weapon choice. (but no where near as drastic as the others put it. A Scindo Prime with enough attack speed will get you where you need to go) Although when movement 2.0 exists, there will likely be more fluid mobility options rather than the melee system that exists now.

And that would be a problem ...why? Oh yeah because : combo/melee system < slide attack.

Removing slide attack isn´t the problem here - it´s the fear only the combo/melee system remains. And the combo/melee system needs huge work.

Parkour is inherently bound to so, so many problems .. jesus christ.. it´s literally a can of worms.

Coptering is already being looked at.

To start, there are two forms of "coptering." Traditional coptering, dating back to 2013, is a sprint jump into a midair slide and then melee attacking with a weapon with very fast attack speed such as the Dual Zoren or Ichor. This was used to speed up the gameplay as wall running is very slow comparatively. Note that it can be done on the ground as well but you lose out on momentum from hitting the ground faster.

The other form is actually called "directional melee," but many refer to it as coptering anyway. It is a simple jump and middair melee attack. This is much simpler to do and is open to almost every non heavy weapon. The history of this style comes from the change of melee to the melee 2.0 system now, where attacking while jumping does not automatically commence a slam attack, and rather a swipe in the air. The best weapons for this style are Orthos Prime and the Tibedo.

It's "bad" because it takes away from what movement is supposed to be and limits some weapon choice. (but no where near as drastic as the others put it. A Scindo Prime with enough attack speed will get you where you need to go) Although when movement 2.0 exists, there will likely be more fluid mobility options rather than the melee system that exists now.

I'd just like to point out that heavy weapons are actually  fourth best for air melee behind polearms, staves, and whips. Heavy weapons like the Jat Kittag actually propel you only a meter short of where you would land if you had used the Tipedo. Note that this is actually still batter than the majority of weapons in the game. Weapon classes like single swords, dual swords, nikanas, and tonfas all give much less distance than any of the heavy weapons. The only caveat is that the heavy weapons have a short wind up before the momentum in air, where the best air melee weapons are instant.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to directional air melee as coptering before. Anyone who calls it that has to be pretty stupid in my book.

Edited by Ashnal

I'd just like to point out that heavy weapons are actually  fourth best for air melee behind polearms, staves, and whips. Heavy weapons like the Jat Kittag actually propel you only a meter short of where you would land if you had used the Tipedo. Note that this is actually still batter than the majority of weapons in the game. Weapon classes like single swords, dual swords, nikanas, and tonfas all give much less distance than any of the heavy weapons. The only caveat is that the heavy weapons have a short wind up before the momentum in air, where the best air melee weapons are instant.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to directional air melee as coptering before. Anyone who calls it that has to be pretty stupid in my book.

This i something on how coptering work, and directional melee...

The people got confused when they say about "coptering" and directional melee, but slide and coptering are not the same thing, and directional melee, its slide too, because you use your slide movement in the direction you want to go, so directional melee distance and coptering are going to be reduced, and speed, this make me happy, i do parkour on real life, and i can say, do it in the games, its just amazing!

Here are an example on what i say:

First we have Directional melee (Slide), and coptering in second gif...

Gif%203_zpsu4uenaoa.gif

Gif%204_zpsgwmfpdpr.gif

Edited by Grimlock-

i personally dont want copter to go, what i am saying is i hope DE can make a Quick Dash Movement while doing Basic Sprint, like what you typically see on any ninja anime or movies.... also a quick dash that can cancel any melee combo animation to avoid any incoming attacks.

if they make one, copter will remain in this game as a form of melee attack while moving.

the only problem is, us players find it hard to feel the "Gonna Go Fast! Ninja Run" so we are forced to do that Helicopter or spam skill thingy even with out enemy just to move fast...but doing that things doesn't feel ninja at all.

Edited by Rayzenfloss

*snip*

Errrr I think you might have some terms mixed up here. Your first GIF is NOT directional melee. It's a standard slide attack. SLIDE ATTACK. It becomes coptering when you do it in the air like the second gif. The video you linked showcases directional air melee. Slide attacks are not directional melee, rather melee attacks made in the air that are not coptering are directional melee because you have full three dimensional aiming on them. This is what the developers have referred to these things as for a long time. I've also hear the terms 'air melee' and 'directional melee' used interchangeably, as they bother refer to the directional air attack.

Edited by Ashnal

Errrr I think you might have some terms mixed up here. Your first GIF is NOT directional melee. It's a standard slide attack. SLIDE ATTACK. It becomes coptering when you do it in the air like the second gif. The video you linked showcases directional air melee. Slide attacks are not directional melee, rather melee attacks made in the air that are not coptering are directional melee because you have full three dimensional aiming on them. This is what the developers have referred to these things as for a long time. I've also hear the terms 'air melee' and 'directional melee' used interchangeably, as they bother refer to the directional air attack.

Tell me, what is directional melee?

Tell me, what is directional melee?

Pressing melee in the air (without sliding) to do a melee strike that propels you in the direction you're pointing. Can be used for vertical, horizontal, or any vector of movement in between.

Coptering and slide attacking are NOT directional melee because they only allow you to move horizontally. Also because the developers have been calling the air attack directional melee on dev streams since they thought it up.

When people say 'remove coptering' they really mean 'slow it the hell down'. The reason this kind of needs to happen is that if DE adds in a bunch of methods for moving around the map more fluidly a lot of their work is going to be wasted if I can simply fly to the other end of the room at the speed of sound by spinning in the air. 

I don't think DE wants to remove coptering from the game, I think they want to tone it down to something more reasonable. A slight acceleration rather than something that makes Mass Effect Relays look slow. 

I guess.

If I was a game creator I wouldnt want anyone who has invested more time in my game too leave just too make others happy.. guess im different though.

But I have hopes it wont be a bad change... so there is that

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

imagine Hulk trying to Sneak while hanging on the ceiling.... its so funny... so maybe Nope for me.

reason: they need to rework the Mobs AI's Detection/Sight Mechanic before that Stealth Upgrade, like what you see when you play MGS as one of the example.

imagine Hulk trying to Sneak while hanging on the ceiling.... its so funny... so maybe Nope for me.

reason: they need to rework the Mobs AI's Detection/Sight Mechanic before that Stealth Upgrade, like what you see when you play MGS as one of the example.

What are you talking about, that's perfect.

Also, we now have to get a weird bit of Orokin punctuation that roughly equates to "!" over our heads when we're detected. Stealth 2.0, get on it.