Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The End Of Warframe Builder?

(PSN)IMainTheMains

I don't get the point why he needs money if it's his hobby and he is doing it in his free time

Probably because he's tired of doing it as a hobby or has less free time, but it's evolved into such an integral part of the warframe community that he can't in good conscience just drop the project entirely (as of yet).

Either way, I vote that DE should step up and buy it off him or something.

Edited by rapt0rman

I don't get the point why he needs money if it's his hobby and he is doing it in his free time

there's this thing.

it's called the Internet.

it's not magic. it isn't free. to have things running on the Internet, it costs money.

you pay for Hosting, you pay for Traffic, blah blah.

fun fact: the Internet is infact not free, unlike what most ignorant consumers would think.

(disclaimer - if you want to get butthurt about the word Ignorant, read the Definition of it)

Probably because running a website costs money? I mean, I'm no expert, but that's just my two cents.

hosting a website barely costs anything these days since there so many websites that offer hosting

Probably because he's tired of doing it as a hobby or has less free time, but it's evolved into such an integral part of the warframe community that he can't in good conscience just drop the project entirely (as of yet).

Either way, I vote that DE should step up and buy it off him or something.

if he has no free time anymore the money from ads won't give him free time

Edited by .-KG-..-Ragulab-.

hosting a website barely costs anything these days since there so many websites that offer hosting

if he has no free time anymore the money from ads won't give him free time

Are you sure about that? I work for a gaming website and our hosting costs around 80 GBP per month. And that's without the server upgrade we'll have to buy soon.

As for your second point - ads wil earn the guy money that we won't then have to earn in some other manner.

.-. 

No, but it will make his time spent on it worth it.

^This

It's not like I know his exact reasoning, but putting this much effort into something like this for a negative income has gotta lose its allure after a while.

Edited by rapt0rman

No, they have a few site mods that go over builds.

I know that. They are just mods that have no say in how the site is handled and maintained. They are anything like those randoms who edit wikia. Warframe Builder is run by 1 man regardless.

Serious question: why do we need Warframe Builder? It doesn't actually seem very useful, especially if a lot of in-game calculations are opaque or subject to change. I know my kits will be stronger when I get better mods. What more do I need to know?

If the community just really loves theorycrafting, that's a totally fair reason to want a resource like WB. I'm just a bit puzzled as to what it's actually good for.