Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Edc?

Imaru

What is your Every Day Carry (or Extended Daily Carry, according to some)?

Mine is phone (with earbuds), keys, 16 gig thumb drive, Swiss Army Knife that is about 2 decades older than me, wallet, and a Leatherman.

If we extend it to my bag (for biking) it also includes several multi tools with Alan keys, a flat repair kit, a bike pump, and up to 3 liters of water.

So what do you carry every day so you can always be prepared?

Keys, cell-phone, 16 gig jump drive, pliers, a piece of flint/obsidian (not exactly sure which), a mechanical pencil, a pen, wallet, and a pocket knife. Most days I also carry a small, pocket calculator and some lens wipes. 

I don't own any weapons but when I leave the house I always make sure I have a few screwdrivers with me.

When I go to work on someone's computer somewhere (I'm frequently repairing people's computers), I always carry with me:

-My phone

-A document containing various product activation keys

-The screwdrivers (I keep a pouch of various screwdriver heads on me at all times as well)

-Installation discs for every Windows version since 98

-Various flash drives (two 4gb, 1 8gb, 3 16gb all containing various things software, because you never know when something completely unrelated to the problem comes up)

-A pouch containing various types and sizes of RAM (ranging from DDR1 to DDR3, with sizes from 128mb to 6gb, because I don't always know how old the computer is or what the type is, so I always have a pouch of RAM for both desktop and laptop)

-A small laptop and its charger (just in case I can't do something on the phone)

Edit: Oh yes and a pencil. .5 size lead. .7 squeaks and .9 is too large.

Edited by Kaiczar

For fire starting? Or you just like wearing holes through your pockets with sharp rocks :)

Neither. I always wear a jacket, and I place it in my chest pocket. It's flat, light weight, and is rounded off on most edges that I would assume were sharp at one point. Hasn't left behind any holes, cuts, or damage to my jacket yet, and I've had the rock for a few years now.

Although, ultimately, I don't know what kind of rock it is. I only say it could be flint because of the region I found it in, but some of its features makes me doubt that, so I don't know if it could ever start a fire or not.

So far, I've kept it around because it looks cool, but I don't know if it has any practical purpose.

Wallet with $42.50. Has to be exact. No, I don't even know why.

My classic Gold Ingot Pocket Knife(swiss army knife).

My Taurus Judge "sweet fragrance".

Socks. My feet sweat too much.

Mini LED flashlight(on keychain).

16GB Innovera USB stick.

Lighter.

Extra tampons. (same reason as for the lighter. I like being the hero.)

Oh, right...Pubic lice spray for when I want "men" to back the F*** off. "Oh, my bad! It just fell out of my wallet. You weren't suppose to see that!". Ultra bone kill at it's finest. Had it for 7 years now, since high school.

Edit: 

Innovera doesn't make flashlights...

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

The things people carry on them...interesting.

I usually have my wallet, keys , car/bike keys, phone, swiss army knife, another wallet with my driver's license and car/bike papers, two ballpoint pens, a USB stick and a wrist watch.

If I'm going to work, usually a laptop, some papers, an RJ45 cable, wireless mouse and a helmet as I use the motorcycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Preon Penlight and a little Quantum DD light tied to a little keychain swiss army knife on a short bit of cord so I can hang the light over things to work and easily find/pull out the mini swiss army knife in my small jeans pocket. Always worked nights since I left high school so I always have two working lights on my person.

One or two pens. I have tons of Pilot G2's just because it's sold in every grocery store's stationary aisle and leaves nothing to be desired.

Titanium prybar on my key ring. Used to have a problem with van side doors freezing shut in rainy slushy winters when I'd start working in the early AM and I wish I'd had it then, so I'll probably carry it for the rest of my life and never have a use for it. Need a new one that's a better bottle opener but I never think about it. Might order one now that this thread brought it to mind. </blog>

Trauma shears. HIGHLY recommend these. Takes on a lot of the work you'd use a medium size knife for, dirt cheap, in-de-@(*()$-structable, totally non-threatening, serrated for chewing through denim/leather/cords/fibers and, yes, they really can cut coins in half.

I got mine for like 7.99 with glow in the dark handles but they're sold for under a dollar sometimes I'm told they literally give them out for free at any sort of medical/pharmaceutical event event like cheap pens.

Phone / keys / wallet / gum are pretty normal.

Edited by VKhaun

Keys, Wallet... Shotgun (I wish)

Why does everyone carry around a USB nowadays? 

Technically, the dude carrying a Taurus Judge is carrying a shotgun. You could too! If you don't mind carrying a metal brick with overhyped functionality.

I work in IT, use a USB stick for copying files off/to machines of unknown provenance. Not going to use my phone's storage when god knows what's breeding in there. But that's only for work, don't count it as part of my edc.

Technically, the dude carrying a Taurus Judge is carrying a shotgun. You could too! If you don't mind carrying a metal brick with overhyped functionality.

I work in IT, use a USB stick for copying files off/to machines of unknown provenance. Not going to use my phone's storage when god knows what's breeding in there. But that's only for work, don't count it as part of my edc.

Eh, well not a lot of crime where I'm at, so no need for a gun or knives. I'm sure a rock, or some wood around will do. Hm, that explains why you have a data stick.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Eh, well not a lot of crime where I'm at, so no need for a gun or knives.

You don't see a need to carry a knife?  Apparently your area also does not feature boxes, strings, tough wrappers, fruit, dangling tags, splinters...

(IMO every adult person should carry a knife. Doesn't need to be huge or fancy. 2cm pen knife on your key ring is fine. But FFS, the number of times I've had people ask to use my knife, or try to gnaw with their teeth or macguyver with the point of scissors... )

Edited by Momaw

You don't see a need to carry a knife? Apparently your area also does not feature boxes, strings, tough wrappers, fruit, dangling tags, splinters...

(IMO every adult person should carry a knife. Doesn't need to be huge or fancy. 2cm pen knife on your key ring is fine. But FFS, the number of times I've had people ask to use my knife, or try to gnaw with their teeth or macguyver with the point of scissors... )

Agreed. I work at a deli, and I use my Leatherman almost every day to open boxes, tighten screws on cebenet hinges, etc (also open bags of cookies...). knives are hugely useful things to have with you. Edited by Imaru

S&W Shield 9mm (never leave the house without it)

Extra magazine for carry gun (if not going straight to work)

Bench made presidio ultra

A pen

"Threeper Kreeper" steel knucks

LG Bluetooth headset (hands free everything? AND I can listen to my music while out and about? Yes please)

wallet

Misc stuff like paper money or allergy medicine or whatever as needed.