Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Stealth Nerf? (Self Damage)

-Kryptic

Hello all,

I have been using trin for a while, and I have been using glaive with her to acheive her 99% blessings.

Glaive has been doing random amounts of damage, sometimes it goes down to the quick thinking pool, sometimes it just goes down to 40 health. Mind you, before all you needed was a max pressure point and a lower ranked fever strike.

Now to even reach 285 damage(very rarely) you need a maxed Pressure Point, a max Fever Strike, and a maxed Virulent Scourge. This is not cool. A sudden nerf without any notice puts a bad taste in my mouth. 

I know there are other ways to get 99% on trin, but glaive synergized so well.

The damage now seems very sporadic and random. It can do any amount of damage from 160-300, while the old glaive was able to proc 290 damage every single time. 

Either intended or not, this was not in the patch notes for u16.7, which is the update where it started to do lower damage.

Are you always throwing it straight down? The farther it is from you when it explodes, the less damage it will do. Also, why must everyone instantly say something is a stealth nerf. There's a thing called bugs...

I am throwing it right below me.

so it's an issue that the glaive no longer hits yourself? I dont quite understand the issue... or why you need to hurt yourself, enemies do it fine by themselves.

He can still hurt himself but the damage numbers are not consistent.

so it's an issue that the glaive no longer hits yourself? I dont quite understand the issue... or why you need to hurt yourself, enemies do it fine by themselves.

The issue OP stated isn't lack of self damage, it's sporadic amounts. Also, with a controllable amount of self damage, it can be extremely beneficial to a blessing/link trinity, as she can maximize the effect of her blessing without having to risk conflict with unpredictable, strong enemies- or not do too much damage to herself while dealing large amounts to enemies around her.

I don't get it ,but i am curious to know what u are talking about.

Emo Frame 2.0 need to be release is kind of what i understood(i hope i do not offend someone who is going through tough time)

@below

In what way.....

Okay we got chroma,nyx,and other frame that use damage to increase their potential

Edited by Leavith

Did you change teams, or auras?  Steel Charge affects your melee damage and thus how much self damage you do.  Steel Charges on teammates irk me for that exact reason when playing Trinity.

EDIT:  I just tested my own build and I'm doing the same damage I'm used to doing to myself.  Throwing right down at my feet, I do 283 HP and 9 energy to myself with a maxed Pressure Point + Fever Strike and Virulent Scourge.

Edited by ArcusVeles

Did you change teams, or auras?  Steel Charge affects your melee damage and thus how much self damage you do.  Steel Charges on teammates irk me for that exact reason when playing Trinity.

EDIT:  I just tested my own build and I'm doing the same damage I'm used to doing to myself.  Throwing right down at my feet, I do 283 HP and 9 energy to myself with a maxed Pressure Point + Fever Strike and Virulent Scourge.

All tested without a steel charge. I can upload a video.

*Sigh*

To lighten things up for you guys, the glaive does not sporadic damage nor has self damage been nerfed. What DE did not mention is that they "fixed" AOE damage on all AOE weapons so they have the AOE fall-off again. Same applies to the glaive wich now won't do the full damage unless you throw it directly at your feet. Even the slightest bump on the ground can mess it up now.

Wich is also the reason why people start noticing that they can't kill nullifiers from outside their bubble anymore. Its simply the damage fall-off wich kicks in again now.

To say it with other words, they just nerfed the self-damage trin (or at least made it harder) and buffed nullifiers after they made AOE damage go through their shields with one single change.

Edited by Scr4mp

Could someone throw that one meme in here about its patch day, better nerf trin?

On the other hand, if bombards, napalms and grenades do less damage now too......

Edited by Scr4mp

*Sigh*

To lighten things up for you guys, the glaive does not sporadic damage nor has self damage been nerfed. What DE did not mention is that they "fixed" AOE damage on all AOE weapons so they have the AOE fall-off again. Same applies to the glaive wich now won't do the full damage unless you throw it directly at your feet. Even the slightest bump on the ground can mess it up now.

Wich is also the reason why people start noticing that they can't kill nullifiers from outside their bubble anymore. Its simply the damage fall-off wich kicks in again now.

To say it with other words, they just nerfed the self-damage trin (or at least made it harder) and buffed nullifiers after they made AOE damage go through their shields with one single change.

I did notice this when testing it.  That's actually more convenient for me.  Now I can mitigate against Steel Charges.

How is this a nerf? if any, what we got is increase in self damage resistance which is buff.

And guess what? if you consider this as nerf, then what happens when Trinity Prime released and got huge armor buff? by that logic you will get a prime much weaker than the normal.

Edited by Rekkou

Wait.... the glaive can hit you??

I guess...Never knew that

Yessir~

The V and Dash polarites that come with it are in a way specifically there for that.

When you equip Power Throw, the last bounce on the Glaive (or any throwing weapon), will cause an explosion. Since the optimal build is to have that and Quick Return (Power Throw - V  and  Quick Return - Dash respectively~), the explosion can really help with doing a bit of AOE in a group of enemies when aiming at their feet, and for what the OP is referring to, having a Blessing/Link build can significantly benefit from the self damage with the reduction on Blessing in particular.

Also on a side note: remember the Infinite-Invincible Trinity builds? Man those were the good ol' days lawl.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow