Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

De,why Is The Carrier Broken Since His Release?

K0bra

Hello DE

but i have to complain because i cant understand it anymore.Long time ago (1 1/2 years /Update 10) the Carrier was released and since that he is always bugged and works only some matches nicely.You fixed it alot times but he is still broken.From not vaccum any mod where you have 20 or more mods inside you or repeating sounds from pickup ammo or energy or you have to die/slide/jump to get him working or other bugs.Then you fix it and people think "FINALLY".Some matches later same bugs.That is so disappointing.

It is out for 1 1/2 year now and he never worked bug free on the other hand you have so much nice ideas and make nice content.

I dont understand it so what is the problem with fixing the carrier finally 100%?

It would be extremly nice and its TIME when you would put alot efford to do it entirely.

Thank you.

Edit here an example  for the fixed Carrier :

vxnotf6z.jpg

Edited by K0bra

This is usually caused by your connection to the host being poor. Even if you arent experiencing lag directly, it translates into the carrier not being able to pick up items.

Solution: either find a new host or get a better connection.

@spacerock

I have a very nice and good connection and it cant be the fix that I the customer have to change the lobby that my pet is working bugfree.

Sorry this answer is not acceptable.Better is when the DE change the mechanic or whatever to make it not affected by any connections whatever.

Edited by K0bra

@Chaosyn

Its not me.When i host my carrier work nicely but when i get a russian host or whatever all people in that lobby get that problem.Last mission all people in the lobby got that problem except the russian host.Why cant the Carrier work 100% bugfree when even the host is crap?Why they cant change their mechanic or whatever to fix it?

Edited by K0bra

This is usually caused by your connection to the host being poor. Even if you arent experiencing lag directly, it translates into the carrier not being able to pick up items.

While every other case is completely random, how else could you explain Carrier simply stopping to work after 5 or 50 minutes of gameplay?

wolfdoge - i can't understand how a vacuum*cleaner* can pick up items in space but i'm for something like that and a scanner too

p.s.:there should be some rework for carrier

Edited by Kostadin

@Chaosyn

Its not me.When i host my carrier work nicely but when i get a russian host or whatever all people in that lobby get that problem.Last mission all people in the lobby got that problem except the russian host.Why cant the Carrier work 100% bugfree when even the host is crap?Why they cant change their mechanic or whatever to fix it?

And that's the problem. It's still your connection, but to the host. The host has no problem as they don't need to connect to anyone, others connect to them.

after checking the wiki here are some reasons why you might experience the problem you talked about:

-With Regen installed, Carrier in some cases revives again but not in a proper way. It will have all its health and shields back but it will not function properly. It will not attack enemies, but its vacuum ability will attract all pickups that will sometimes cover the player's screen. This is known to happen during heavy lag. 

-Vacuum does not give you the stuff it sucks up, rather it grabs items and places them below Carrier, where you will touch them and receive them. (Therefore, if you are sprinting and the carrier is trying to catch up, you will be too far away to gain the loot, and stopping to allow the carrier to catch up will be required before loot is given)

-(vacuum) Can only be used while your Warframe's feet are on a surface.

Awesome .....................NOT

Today host was good and then he left the lobby and migration started after that carrier was bugged again.Here a screenshot

Also nice was that a guy was dying and i cant revive him because of that bug.No button X was shown.

vxnotf6z.jpg

Edited by K0bra

Came here to rage about this. Couldn't revive fallen Tennos, couldn't pick up life support (or activate it) i just had to stop playing the game due to this. What a terrific carrier "fix". DE making things worse when they address them? knock me over with a feather. 

And to those saying its a connectivity problem, It happens a lot and i play with the same group of people i always have. Even if there is a slight connectivity problem, it wasn't an issue before, something they did in the "fix" caused this, it is not JUST a connectivity problem, its just the catalyst that causes this problem in relation to a bug in their new hotfix. 

Edited by ApplySci

Just had this bug in a void survival. Guess I took the screenshots for nothing. Amusing, but very annoying. I managed to solve it by getting knocked down by a heavy unit. Then suddenly everything picked up. Try that out the next time you get this.

It certainly seems to be an issue with connectivity/netcode//desyncing but its becoming more frequent/erratic even if everyone involved seems to have a decent connection

Also this isn't exclusive to carrier/vacuum, without it you simply cant pick anything up. Also like others have mentioned its' coupled with not being able to revive anyone or picking up stuff like power cells.

In my experience you cannot do anything but wait it out, but ill try getting knocked down next time it happens, like Meenmu suggested.