The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Clan Weapons Are Sh!**t

TopSpeed

Hello Tenno 

I love the Supra the look the sound and the mechanic But i dont love the Reload time Recoil Aiming and Low damage 

how come Weapons in the Dojo that need Forma + rank should be so bad ! ?

i think end game weapons in the Dojo need to be buff, i cant stand the soma Boltor run any more, we have so many Weapons nice looking and fun to use but they are so bad ! 

they only in the inventory for Collectors or for later if they needed to build Oder bad weapon that need them (what up with that !?)

HERE ARE THE LIST (is my list you can feel free to not agree with me)

Need A bad Buff to be some thing:

Energy: Dera,Flux,Lanka,Prova,Serro,Spectra,Spectra,Supra,Dual Cestra

Bio: Mutalist Quanta,Paracyst

Chem: Buzlok,Ignis(so bad now)

Thx for Reading and Commenting 
Edited by TopSpeed

I don't think its fair to judge the clantech gear by the Supra but I would have to agree that some of them are unwhelming considering the cost and time required to research and construct them.

I don't think its fair to judge the clantech gear by the Supra but I would have to agree that some of them are unwhelming considering the cost and time required to research and construct them.

you right not all weapons in the Dojo are bad, Acrid is very good one and Opticore and we some more ....

I dunno, I'm playing T4 survival just fine with my Braton Prime/Tiberon/Amprex/Prisma Gorgon/Sybaris/Attica... should I continue?
The thing is, most weapons will carry you just fine for the first 30 minutes when modded properly. The Soma Prime and Boltor Prime only become necessary for later tiers, and honestly, I don't see the point in playing that long anyway unless you're trying to break a record of some sort.

That said, a rebalance IS necessary, and I'm of opinion that DE are working on that matter beneath the hood all along, preparing a proper balancing patch for its eventual release.

Torid is also one of the better weapons IF used properly, dual ichors and Opticor and Nikana ( since you need regular to upgrade to the D ) are good weapons.
However I do agree that clantech weapons should have been better, atleast they could give some of the less impressive weapons 2 polarities or something, It is a bit strange that some of the weapons cost a lot of resources and even some of them demands a decently high mastery rank compared to other non clan weapons.

Guys you forgot the Amprex and Synapse.I think alot of the Clan tech weapons are bad and not worth the farming effords of the ressources but there are some pearls like this two.

Edited by K0bra

Opticor, Jat Kittag, Amprex, Dual Ichor, Quanta, Phage, Torid, Marelok

Now let's list garbage research weapons...

Dera, Dual Cestra,Supra, Glaxion (after nerf), Flux Rifle (after damage 2.0), Prova, Spectra, Mutalist Quanta (after nerf), Acrid (after damage 2.0), Paracyst, Pyrana, Silva and Aegis, Venka.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

Most are S#&$, some are good.

Honorable mentions:

Quanta, Amprex, Synapse, Phage, Marelok, Grinlok(Dont know if these are clantech), Jat Kittag.

This is pretty much everything.

All of the others are trash.

Weapons I like you might hate:

Daikyu, opticor, Sybaris, Torid

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Now let's list garbage research weapons...

Dera, Dual Cestra,Supra, Glaxion (after nerf), Flux Rifle (after damage 2.0), Prova, Spectra, Mutalist Quanta (after nerf), Acrid (after damage 2.0), Paracyst, Pyrana, Silva and Aegis, Venka.

I disagree with Spectra...other than not having a Fountain of numbers... Spectra is better than it ever was.

I assume Mutalist Quanta is referring to reload Nerf? Or was it nerfed in a different way? (Still works as an unorthodox Crit weapon or crit-setup for non-continous Secondary weapons)

" Why clan weapons are S#&$ "

> Amprex

> Synapse

> Dual Ichor

> Phage

> Torid

Just cause one weapon is weak, does not make the rest as weak as it.

Don't forget Sybaris.

Or Tonbo, Serro, Jat Kittag, Opticor, Atterax, Quanta, Itzal, Banshee, Volt, Zephyr [technically not weapons, but clan tech nonetheless] Marelok

Some not the best in their class but worth honorable mentions:

Grinlok, Daikyu, Nikana, Attica, Lanka, Nami Sklya

Almost all the quirky unique Weapons are clan tech...they all have gameplay issues, but have some unique traits that allow them to shine under the right conditions. (Examples: Mutalist Quanta, Paracyst, Embolist, Flash Flood w/Prova works because of electric stun, Buzlok, Nukor, Pyrana...)

DE balance is not for mortal men to understand...

Steve said in one of the Devstreams, when asked about mods like: Constitution, Diamond Skin, or Ammo Conversion mods; that they like to give players "options" when it comes to fixing the issues.

I like to call DE's approach to balance "optional".

They won't fix the ammo system, they'll release an optional mod that removes the issue.

They won't address the scaling issues, they'll release "primed" mods that let the players scale even harder.

They won't address weapon balance issues, they'll just keep pumping newer, stronger, weapons until you like one of those better.

Got a problem with a specific piece of gear? Have an exclusive, optional, syndicate mod that helps a bit.

Etc, etc, you get the idea.

Edited by Naqel