Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To The Vets

(PSN)silent9_

personally its MR 8 for me, that being said I have seen MR 4 come in and play with more skill, teamwork than some MR15 and higher that I have run into... It really depends more on the person behind the tenno than how much time they have spent ranking up weapons and frames. 

Edited by (PS4)TH3_Duck_45

Any MR that doesn't make my ears bleed from frustration. 

True, i've played with MR18 players who totally suck... but other than conclave, there is no other way to see who is "good" without playing with them first.  Well...I guess checking their stats page would be the most efficient way of telling what your dealing with before going in to a difficult mission.

MR is seriously the worst way to measure a player's skill. It's simply a measure of how much gear they've leveled up. They could have farmed Draco for a few months or so and hardly have played the game legitimately. 

I usually don't concern myself with any of the preconceived measures of skill put in place by the game. I base my judgement off of how well they play when the mission has started. If they're able to traverse the map quickly and efficiently (while killing mobs and not running past them or ignoring them), if they're able to revive other Tenno without risking downing themselves, if they know what frames are well suited for which purposes or know how to compensate for a poor match with adequate skill.

MR doesn't even come into question.

MR5+ but I would keep an eye on you in the game. 

I have seen MR 18s behave like noobs and I have seen so low as MR3s play like pros, your performance in game is what matters, a number on the screen means nothing after I have seen you play.

MR is seriously the worst way to measure a player's skill. It's simply a measure of how much gear they've leveled up. They could have farmed Draco for a few months or so and hardly have played the game legitimately. 

I usually don't concern myself with any of the preconceived measures of skill put in place by the game. I base my judgement off of how well they play when the mission has started. If they're able to traverse the map quickly and efficiently (while killing mobs and not running past them or ignoring them), if they're able to revive other Tenno without risking downing themselves, if they know what frames are well suited for which purposes or know how to compensate for a poor match with adequate skill.

MR doesn't even come into question.

Yeah i'm aware MR/Conclave do not measure true skill.  But I think it can filter out a lot of BS players..but like I said i've seen MR 12+ play like they have no idea what they are doing.

I don't. MR doesn't factor in. I might be more understanding of someone being a noob if they are lower MR because MR is a gauge of how many weapons and frames they've levelled, and therefore a somewhat reasonable gauge of their practical knowledge of weapons and frames, but I don't really judge skill by MR. I judge skill by a player's performance in a mission.

MR isn't really a measure of ability, so I don't discriminate based on MR.  That said, if I'm looking for specific people for a tough mission, MR 8-10 is usually where I call it.  Below that and you're not likely to have the mods, weapons, or frames I'm looking for at the level I need them.  If I'm recruiting from public I'm looking for people I can be reasonably assured can fill a role and if your MR is too low I'm reasonably sure you don't have the finer points that make great frames and weapons great.

You: have these weapon, are trying to rush, and are around MR8.

*Moves finger across to 4* *Switches to main* Let's do this!

MR6-MR10 I'll asssume mid-tier. Beyond that I'll assume you've been here long enough to know most of what you're doing.

MR 12+ play like they have no idea what they are doing.

Things like exp farming can really eat away at a player's experience. If we put two players together, I bet the player that level their weapons the regular way would know more and play better then the person that used exp farming.

Edited by Postal_pat

Yeah i'm aware MR/Conclave do not measure true skill.  But I think it can filter out a lot of BS players..but like I said i've seen MR 12+ play like they have no idea what they are doing.

I've seen MR18s who still use lasers in T4 Defense without consulting the rest of the squad.

I don't bother filtering like a lot of people do. If someone does something noobish, I ask that they don't do it anymore. If they refuse or get defensive, I simply leave and invite the adequately skilled players again. I guess that's my filtering process. It's time consuming, but I at least get to say I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I don't. MR doesn't factor in. I might be more understanding of someone being a noob if they are lower MR because MR is a gauge of how many weapons and frames they've levelled, and therefore a somewhat reasonable gauge of their practical knowledge of weapons and frames, but I don't really judge skill by MR. I judge skill by a player's performance in a mission.

Exactly this. 

The only other thing I gauge based upon mastery is what equipment that person has access to, and more than likely what you can expect out of them if you are going end game. It's pretty far and few between, if ever, you are going to find a player under MR15 with all the core mods (vit,redir,serr,hornet,etc) maxed out. 

As a warlord, and looking at it from a recruiting aspect, I look at time in game from their profile, completion percent, kills, etc. The most important things for me when recruiting is to find mature players that are putting time into the game, not region chat, which generally comes with some level of respect within itself. 

When looking at MR, at which level do you take a Tenno serious?  MR 10+?  MR 18+?

I don't look or care about someone's mastery rank as all that tells me is whether or not they have taken the time to test & level all weapons/gear. What MR does not tell me is how someone will play or can play.

Any player with a positive attitude is welcome in my squad, especially if they're willing to pull their own weight, listen, learn and improve. In truth, you only need a few frames and weapons to perform well (you do need levelled mods and forma though), so once you decide what you wanna do, it doesn't take much to do that well.