Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The (Short) Story Of How I Was Banned From Region Chat

This is a story of how I was just suspended from region chat, that I am telling because I have nothing better to do now that I am locked out of region chat.

Once upon a time, someone else was kicked from region following the statement "ALL HAIL SATAN".

People in chat debated whether or not this was acceptable, being that Satanism is a real religion (for some reason). I was extremely confused, so I said "was that guy kicked from region chat for saying all hail satan?"

Then I was kicked, only to relog and to find the message "Your access to this channel has been suspended" plopped at the bottom of the chat box.

The end.

On a more serious note, it would be great if someone could tell me how long a region chat suspension is, because I need it. I need it badly. Where else am I supposed to rage about the latest r5 nerfs or S#&$ty primed mod? ;-;

Edited by Azazel_The_Fallen

Wait wait, why whuold you get banned from saying that?, Im so confused, sure if you start swearing and doing potty mouth stuff, sure that's understandable (While the game is rated 18 for an Reason). But saying that?, that's really stupid.

Submit and ticket and get yourself unbanned, in no way that is an reason to be banned, if it is then that is very childish and I will just lose faith in this game.

Edited by LegionCynex

Wait wait, why whuold you get banned from saying that?, Im so confused, sure if you start swearing and doing potty mouth stuff, sure that's understandable (While the game is rated 18 for an Reason). But saying that?, that's really stupid.

Submit and ticket and get yourself unbanned, in no way that is an reason to be banned, if it is then that is very childish and I will just lose faith in this game.

Automated. Certain phrases and words get you banned. Although my suspension was from THE GRINEEER HIMSELF!

A region suspension lasts minimum 3-4 days. Also, you wont get suspended from a channel unless you get kicked more than twice within a short time frame. So I find it hard to believe you got kicked once.

Edited by -OP-Skretax

These bans are just ridiculous. If you can;t handle people saying harsh things in a chat, you are not suited for real life. 

And I mean come on, I was once discussing warframe youtube reviewers in Region and got kicked -_-

Well, that's an good point, but there is some sort of limit of that, same goes for swearing or having blocked words, I chuold go into detail for you, if you like, why somethings are somewhat. 

Fun Fact: Satanism has nothing to do with satan.

Satanism the the belief in living for ones own desires, not worshipping satan.

The link too satan is from the pagan religion. If you look at the pagan pentagram it has five points represented of the five elements: Fire, water, earth, air (Or aero) and Life.

The fifth point of this start is life, which is almost always pointed up. This represents how life is greater than the sum of its parts.

The inverted pentagram has life on the bottom though, representing life is lower than the sum of the wholes.

That's satanism

I got a final warning from in-game chat maybe a month and a half ago.   Asked Support what was the reason.

Still nothing.

Edit:  Actually I told someone to go screw their self.  Instead I used the F word and they reported me.

You know how someone could hit you in school, and you hit them harder, they cry and tell the teacher and you get in trouble?  Those situations :^)

Edit 2:  Also I've learned (learning) to really take the Tenno Code of Honor literally.  

Tenno do not talk.  Period.   They have no voice so far.  So I'm going to remain silent in in-game chat unless a plan for said mission is being formulated. 

Edited by Ishki88

verbil abuse is verbal abuse whether you think  it is or not...someone provoking you is a reason but certainly not an acceptable justification

you can talk in game just dont verbally abuse your fellow players regardless of thier provocations and you will be fine

It's acceptable to me :^)  Just not in WF.  

Not used to players with thin skin.  I know now WF has snitches :^)   

It's rated M for Mature by the ESRB. 17+.

Well if you log out and try to create a new account it asks if you're over 13 years old. http://warframe.com/signup:

"I AM OVER 13 AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF USE & PRIVACY POLICY"

Edit: Terms of use

Our content is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and will never be directed at children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, the Website and game are not intended for you and therefore you are not permitted to access the Website or Game unless your parent or guardian has provided express consent and accepts this Agreement along with all applicable end-user or similar license agreements on your behalf prior to your use of the Website or Game.

Edited by Jeloxale

Also I've learned (learning) to really take the Tenno Code of Honor literally.  

Tenno do not talk.  Period.   They have no voice so far.  So I'm going to remain silent in in-game chat unless a plan for said mission is being formulated. 

If you're playing Valkyr, you're allowed to scream inarticulately. 

Fun Fact: Satanism has nothing to do with satan.

Satanism the the belief in living for ones own desires, not worshipping satan.

The link too satan is from the pagan religion. If you look at the pagan pentagram it has five points represented of the five elements: Fire, water, earth, air (Or aero) and Life.

The fifth point of this start is life, which is almost always pointed up. This represents how life is greater than the sum of its parts.

The inverted pentagram has life on the bottom though, representing life is lower than the sum of the wholes.

That's satanism

This guy knows his S#&$. ("stuff" if my "special word" is bleeped out...)

Well if you log out and try to create a new account it asks if you're over 13 years old. http://warframe.com/signup:

"I AM OVER 13 AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF USE & PRIVACY POLICY"

Edit: Terms of use

This is the case with any and all online services, including things like Disney.com and "kid friendly" sites.

That notice is not indicative of the game's ESRB rating, which can be seen at the footer of the website and forums.

These bans are just ridiculous. If you can;t handle people saying harsh things in a chat, you are not suited for real life. 

And I mean come on, I was once discussing warframe youtube reviewers in Region and got kicked -_-

Well, that's an good point, but there is some sort of limit of that, same goes for swearing or having blocked words, I chuold go into detail for you, if you like, why somethings are somewhat. 

No, it's not a good point.  In real life there are places where saying harsh things could get you thrown out, fired, arrested, etc. Therefore you should be more aware that your words have consequences just like in real life.

No, it's not a good point.  In real life there are places where saying harsh things could get you thrown out, fired, arrested, etc. Therefore you should be more aware that your words have consequences just like in real life.

*laughs*

Let me guess, you live in a place like that?, No really assume me, what type of place or state,sends you to jail for saying a swear?

I can think of some, but that whuold be insulting, so yeah lets not list them...