Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Change In Warframe To Reduce The Grind, Repetitive, And Abusive Mechanics In The Game?

Cloud

We all know that our dear Warframe has big porblems with spam, balance, abuses, etc...

We see everyday topics as "nerf Mag / mesa / etc ..." all the time, many believe that these changes are necessary, others believe that this type of gameplay is just more efficient. What I'm willing to do is to collect all your opinions, suggestions, ideas in a unique megathread and to report the most popular posts on the main post.

So the great question is: What would you change in Warframe to reduce the grind, repetitive, and abusive  mechanics in the game?

More pseudorandomness in the drop tables.

Although things like farms will always be found simply because there will always be players that want to be efficient with their time. But making it less of a grind to get drops could deter some players from doing things like that for mods/resources/parts.

This is actually harder than it looks. Obviously, an XP rework would do the job easily. The problem is how to do it? Reduce the grind too little and you won't get anything. Change it too much and you'll break the progressive gameplay of low-mid tier players.

Latronico said it. We need to concentrate the loot tables more. At the moment, we have most of the prime parts existing on Rotation C defence and survival. If DE moved these to be evenly distributed across all game types, and in towers depending on quality, we suddenly get the drop rates of some items increased 2 to 3 fold.

I wouldn't.  The grind is what keeps players coming back.  If you make it so everything is easily attainable there's no point in sinking more  time into the game or coming back to earn new rewards.  If everything you want you can get too easily there's no reason to set goals or trying to get rare mods or whatever, since everything is to trivial to get.  That's the way I see it.  

So the great question is: What would you change in Warframe to reduce the grind, repetitive, and abusive  mechanics in the game?

I would

Remove a lot of the filler drops from t1 void and the cells from t3/4 void.

Increase credit gains in higher level non-void / non-dark sector nodes.

Severely limit the amount of restore items you can use in a mission, when you can drop 200 300hp restores and spam heal yourself it takes the challenge out of the game.

Create a metric crapton of new mods (nightmare ones too) and scatter them all over the starchart to make people explore it. (rip star chart soon)

We all know that our dear Warframe has big porblems with spam, balance, abuses, etc...
We see everyday topics as "nerf Mag / mesa / etc ..." all the time, many believe that these changes are necessary, others believe that this type of gameplay is just more efficient. What I'm willing to do is to collect all your opinions, suggestions, ideas in a unique megathread and to report the most popular posts on the main post.

Boosting up the rewards of course. Making those rewards grow in sort of a progression that both low rank players and veterans will be satisfied and the risk of staying for a longer on a mission will be payed off not by another pair of useless trash mods like "power throws", but something valuable like good t4 keys, or good chunk of r5 cores or at least event mods like cold fire toxic.  Those wont be a game braker but still, it will be alot better than regular trash like Steady hands and Power throws always.

Making something to prevent getting dublicate rewards of the same type like 4 formas bps in a row - let it be sheeeet from the same tier and tied to rotation pool - but let it be at least a different sheeeeeeet!!! Like if you got Forma bp in A rotation - you wont get another forma bp on upcoming B rotation - let it be paris string or sicarus barrel whatever, just let it be different!

Edited by Grom-84

Kill rotations, have resources drop from specific enemies more often, raise regular rep gain, give bosses a massive XP boost, give Forma'd weapons affinity boosts based on the amount, have credits scale with how long you stay in a mission, cut Baro's credit costs in half, have enemies give significantly more xp according to level, and make a Forma BP reusable.

I'd set difficulty over repetition. For example, instead of having to run a mission 50 times to get all the parts to a frame you could either complete a series of missions (and difficulty would adjust on how many of the parts you want from the battle) that will guarantee you parts in the boss battle or have that boss battle leveled up to instant rage mode. Failing any one of the series of the missions would throw you back to the start of the "questline".

What comes to void I would remove all the clutter from anything above t2, meaning cells, credits (sabotage), forma, argon and the most common drops, especially from the endless mode missions.

I would keep things the way they are now and focus on a damage rework as well as material to keep the player in the game longer (beyond just adding more gear) because at some point the player is going to get all the loot they can possibly get in game. at that point they might ask themselves "whats left?" which seems a more likely outcome considering that a lot people it looks like consider this a loot game. If things are made to easy people will reach that point much faster. lowering grind is great and all but if its done i fear people will get get bored of the game MUCH faster since they will achieve their goals much quicker.

People don't actually realize warframe right now is sustaining itself with grindy content. Warframe will have to become a completely different game if they want to be less reliant on slow grindy content. People who said reduce the grind don't actually know how easily can we breeze through the current content if there isn't such a steep grindwall behind it.  

I would keep things the way they are now and focus on a damage rework as well as material to keep the player in the game longer (beyond just adding more gear) because at some point the player is going to get all the loot they can possibly get in game. at that point they might ask themselves "whats left?" which seems a more likely outcome considering that a lot people it looks like consider this a loot game. If things are made to easy people will reach that point much faster. lowering grind is great and all but if its done i fear people will get get bored of the game MUCH faster since they will achieve their goals much quicker.

People don't actually realize warframe right now is sustaining itself with grindy content. Warframe will have to become a completely different game if they want to be less reliant on slow grindy content. People who said reduce the grind don't actually know how easily can we breeze through the current content if there isn't such a steep grindwall behind it.  

what i mean by "reducing grind" is not only to remove grindwalls or make easy the achievement of things, what i mean is also to point out new mechanics or solutions that would make warframe a more challenging and fun game, in this way if people have more fun while playing , they will not experience heaviness in the repetition or boredom.

I think the grind is fine. Most people complaining about the grind probably have a ton of prime items, but are just whining because they cant get that ONE item they suddenly feel like having. I think the grind is more than reasonable in this game compared to many others. Especially for a game with fixed loot.  For every item that i find hard to get, ive gotten items in 2-3 runs. RNG is RNG, and its pretty fair in this game.

-that said- i would allow the void trader to sell prime parts. To balance it out, i would make parts be a ridiculous price. Something like 1500 ducats and 500k credits and put his stock on rotation.

To help with repetitiveness, i would do exactly what the Devs plan on doing. Make it so that the star chart is dynamic. No more log on, "same old, same old". The game will be more like logging on to a current event happening across the solar system. The community works towards solving the current conflict and helps to defeat the current boss when he shows up. Conflicts will have low and high level missions across the board, with special rewards for completing the highest levels.

a major change i would do to the loot system is add a way to earn random +stat modifiers on weapons. This would take a lot of balance and fine tuning. it would be something you could fuse with your weapon in the forge. It could give you a reason to create multiple copie of the same weapon. 

to combat  power abuse- simply create enemies that break up spamminess and maybe a few level design changes. I Think it would be cool if enemies were able to change their strategy (and spawning) a little to counter abuse.

Another thing-

I don't think players understand that syndicates are a MAJOR reduction in grind and rng.

DE could've easily made syndicate rewards an rng system, but they didn't. No one seems to acknowledge this. DE has done things to reward us that don't involve rng and excessive grind.

Syndicates, void trader, simaris. These things give guaranteed rewards for our effort. They are a big part of the game too

The grind cannot be reduced in a game about acquisition of stuff. There will always be stuff, so there will always be grind. People will invent things to grind for if they have to. Maybe something rare can become more common, but people will still need multiple attempts.

I'd like to see special rewards added to more mission types (like specters were to rescue, and bonus rewards were to spy) but that will just cause people to grind certain mission types for certain rewards. It might change how someone is grinding, but it won't stop them from doing it. I think it would be fun to take inspiration from Killzone's Warzone mode and have finite star chart missions like spy and exterminate chain into more on the same node, with the choice to activate the extraction room (still have to run there) after each is complete, but that's just making it easier to grind non-endless missions by making them endless. Adding rewards to things will really just make people grind for those rewards, ruining grinding spots will just make grinding take longer.

Ultimately, as long as the gameplay is fun, grinding is fine. If someone comes up with an efficient but boring way to go after the reward they want, that's fine too. It's better to let them derive enjoyment from the process or from the rewards than it is to start messing things up for everybody.

We should all be able to get along and do our own things. The best way to reduce grind is to only grind as much as you feel like grinding.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

It's rather simple, add in new content that is creatively challenging and have that content regularly cycle out so it doesn't get stale.  Make this content lucrative, have it be more profitable to do an hour to clear to the node and do the node than it is to Draco Farm.

Draco is an easy farm as the general missions don't take into account the performance multipliers given by frame synergies and teamwork, they are designed to be completed by the average group so an optimized group crushes it without any effort.  Mostly because a simple way of adding challenge is to put in more enemies with higher numbers and this simple way is exactly what the old Excal+Trinity or the new Mesa+G.Mag are used to counter.  Design the new content with the frame synergies in mind and have them be required to tackle obstacles, be creative in the challenge applied.

Same is said for rushing, it happens Because some items are only end of mission rewards and those rewards have a heavy hand of RNG, large loot tables and low drop rates.  So these missions have to be ran over and over, often a mind numbing number of times so to speed up the process they skip all the content in the level itself.

Bashing the frames won't fix Draco.  Bashing Draco won't fix Draco.  There will always be a Draco and always be a Trinity+Excal/Mesa+G.Mag team working it.  Solar Map 3.0 will try to fix it but no matter what they do there will always be another "Draco" on the map.  Just their changes will change the type of enemies you are fighting, what you are earning and the like.  It will make it a different Draco and change it regularly but there will always be a Draco.

So kill Draco and the grind by making challenging and demanding content for the players.  Give the choice of finding the easy path with good rewards or taking the harder path for greater rewards.  You'll be surprised at the number of people that would rise to face the challenge.

I don't see anything that's being abused? Greedy Mag is an augment mod. It's been in Syndicates for ages. Mesa is a frame that kills S#&$? Have the scrub base playerbase become so stupid, dense and idiotic that they don't know that gameplay is act of playing the game by pressing the keys on the keyboard.

"Others believe that this type of gameplay is just more efficient" -- Efficient at doing what exactly? Farming experience. Yeah of course but there's lots of other places to do that. There's T1D (you could also be getting prime parts and more keys), There's Orokin Derelict Defense and you could be getting Nanospores and probably Neurodes as well as Orokin Cells.

What type of gameplay? What being a n00b and just playing Draco, because you don't know how to level in ODD or T1D. A part from experience what exactly are you getting from it? Orokin Cells? Excuse me while I go to T3 or T4.

Exhibit A:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/

As forecast by our fellow compatriot Zamboni. Stamina builds never became viable. Why would you modify for stamina when you could just work around the Warframe skills your frame actually has.

Now 2 years later we've got a hot community topic about stamina being removed, when it should be a more expandable system. Just as predicted in Zamboni's post. My only comment is put the WarFRAME, back in the title and give the power back to the players and stop using band-aid fixes, build a decent for the players to 'play around in'. Not the other way around.

Edited by Kinjeto