Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, The Best Of The Worst!

(PSN)bndo1988

Hi to whom this may concern, when we were first told about the warframe limbo, we were all relay excited. The concept continues to make him my favorite, but upon release we realized that he is not what we thought.

With the lowest health and shields in the game, staying out of the rift is suicide. Then there is the fact that you can not pick up items while in the void, this is just a gimmick that no one wants, it does not balance him in any other way but to piss off the player. Also there is the fact that his ability's do next to no damage! Other than the trolling aspects of limbo those were the only issues.

Limbo had one good thing going for him (so we thought), he was able to grant energy to frames while they were in cretin ability's. But of coarse DE nerfed this. Understandable i guess...... So we the players found other uses for him like, capture and rescue. We were able to run a capture and not be hit (just like loki) then find our target, single him out and take him down without being hit (just like loki), with almost a similar aspect to rescue we were able to protect the rescue target by banishing him then head to extract as fast as we could. Yet once again DE nerfs all of this reducing the effectiveness of what was already the most ineffective frame in the game.

To top it all off he has been given the least amount of love in aspect of augment mods, with his augments being very very ineffective... Haven- augment that will heal someone after you make them invincible..... yeah that makes seance-_- or

(Rift Torrent) you can make YOUR weapon and only YOUR weapon do more damage, based upon the amount of enemies banished to the void, well as long as you are in the void as well........ hmmmmm sounds cool huh? Well not if you are the only one in the void!!!!! you now have 10-20 enemy's that can kill you with 2-3 hits!!!! o and did i mention that you can no longer hack a terminal while in the rift......

Ok listen DE i get it you cant mess with stuff in one dimension if you are in another, its logical. Seriously though, why are you going to be logical with this one frame when you have dam near 0 logic with everything ells in this game. Give limbo the love he needs! frost and Excalibur were still really good frames, with serious roles in a lot of situations. But limbo is currently a serious waste of a slot. "Fix whats broken not whats stale!!!!!!!"

P.S. this is not a doom threat i love this game and have faith that you will fix this in time, and to the tenno who are going to cry he is a "solo frame" well the hard truth is this has not been a solo focused game in over 2 years. so if a frame is only effective in solo play then that means they need a rework!

Thank you for listening (PS4, Clan leader of. The Rising Elite)

Edited by (PS4)bndo1988

I read it. He knows nothing about Limbo. And I'm the one who think Limbo is fine without complete rework.(of course I want buffs. Why can't I loot while in the rift?)

Please, to people who think Limbo is just a troll frame or infinite-health snowglobe generator, never using Rift Surge thinking it's S#&$, try to understand him more.

I position myself at find place to shoot down enemies, use Cataclysm at the path they mostly use, then use my 500% dmg multiplier Rift Surge with augment, and enjoy massacre.

Before you bring Duration and Efficiency build only to protect yourself and the objective, try another build. He is fine Frame. Also fun.

Edited by Evansmaan

Limbo breaks Spy missions because lasers don't even detect you (You only have to worry about being seen). He's amazing at high level Rescue missions also (Banishing the guy so he doesn't die on the journey to extraction). Limbo is good to banish/ cataclysm on P42W frames because constant energy regen, but I rarely do unless they ask for it. (It can help when the game decides to be greedy and not give many energy orbs even with gmag.)

I'm with the OP here, Limbo suffers horrendously much from QoL-issues, more than any other Warframe (every single Warframe suffers in some stupid way, but not nearly as much as Limbo does).

Ok listen DE i get it you cant mess with stuff in one dimension if you are in another, its logical. Seriously though, why are you going to be logical with this one frame when you have dam near 0 logic with everything ells in this game.

Actually, it still can be considered "logical" with him being able to hack consoles (or carry stuff / pick up loot etc) while in the rift: Can't he do a mild, non-dangerous "banishing" on the items in question? Isn't he the MASTER of the Rift?

So, it's more of a "aww sucks to be you Limbo, you get the nerfstick for no reason!" rather than being a logical downside. Invisibility is superior to being in the Rift, 99% of the time. People say he is awesome for Capture/Rescue/Spy? Ash/Loki are even better, WITHOUT so many QoL-issues either! Oh, and without an ability that is useless on its own either.

Limbo needs major QoL-fixes AND a rework of Rift Surge. But he won't get any fixes (he's only gotten NERFS for crying out loud!), because DE's actions only show that they really couldn't care less about polishing or balancing important things, so we just have to live with Limbo being horrible. Sad fact. Just go back to Ash/Loki and ignore Limbo, that's all you can do...

Edited by Azamagon

Hi to whom this may concern, when we were first told about the warframe limbo, we were all relay excited. The concept continues to make him my favorite, but upon release we realized that he is not what we thought.
With the lowest health and shields in the game, staying out of the rift is suicide. Then there is the fact that you can not pick up items while in the void, this is just a gimmick that no one wants, it does not balance him in any other way but to piss off the player. Also there is the fact that his ability's do next to no damage! Other than the trolling aspects of limbo those were the only issues.
Limbo had one good thing going for him (so we thought), he was able to grant energy to frames while they were in cretin ability's. But of coarse DE nerfed this. Understandable i guess...... So we the players found other uses for him like, capture and rescue. We were able to run a capture and not be hit (just like loki) then find our target, single him out and take him down without being hit (just like loki), with almost a similar aspect to rescue we were able to protect the rescue target by banishing him then head to extract as fast as we could. Yet once again DE nerfs all of this reducing the effectiveness of what was already the most ineffective frame in the game.
To top it all off he has been given the least amount of love in aspect of augment mods, with his augments being very very ineffective... Haven- augment that will heal someone after you make them invincible..... yeah that makes seance-_- or
(Rift Torrent) you can make YOUR weapon and only YOUR weapon do more damage, based upon the amount of enemies banished to the void, well as long as you are in the void as well........ hmmmmm sounds cool huh? Well not if you are the only one in the void!!!!! you now have 10-20 enemy's that can kill you with 2-3 hits!!!! o and did i mention that you can no longer hack a terminal while in the rift......
Ok listen DE i get it you cant mess with stuff in one dimension if you are in another, its logical. Seriously though, why are you going to be logical with this one frame when you have dam near 0 logic with everything ells in this game. Give limbo the love he needs! frost and Excalibur were still really good frames, with serious roles in a lot of situations. But limbo is currently a serious waste of a slot. "Fix whats broken not whats stale!!!!!!!"

P.S. this is not a doom threat i love this game and have faith that you will fix this in time, and to the tenno who are going to cry he is a "solo frame" well the hard truth is this has not been a solo focused game in over 2 years. so if a frame is only effective in solo play then that means they need a rework!

Thank you for listening (PS4, Clan leader of. The Rising Elite)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/457798-limbo-changes-for-usability/

Would this be something you'd be interested in?