Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Mesa Ruined Warframe?

mmcareen

Then her "magic guns" deserve LoS like excals magic swords at the very least. My whole point wasn't to hate on peacemaker, I just think it could be balanced better and made in a way that is a lot more fun to use. Not everyone wants to play lazyframe, and mesa is part of the reason this game is becoming that way.

Peacemaker has always been Line of Sight.

For once the frame in question isn't one of my regular frames so I can give an unbiased comment about it.

In short Mesa and Gmag didn't ruin the game, it gives people a means to achieve high mastery in a very short amount of time, what took me nearly two years mite take new players a few months.

What it did ruin, is player skill, replay-ability of the game, varying play styles, and frame variations. 

I have the comfort of knowing that if and when they nerf Mesa and Gmag, I will still have the skills and means to rank up my weapon and frames without having to resort to a camp farm. 

Nerf Mesa peacemaker...
well now it's time for Greedy pull (actualy i would like that)

After this nerf nekros descrate...

wait and hydroi p-swarm...
ok now let's nerf banshees sonar...
ok we must remember of antimater drop...
no wait and the mprime...
and off course shild polarize...
ooh and ireadiating dissarm...
no no no invis of loki -remove...
Ha warframe gosses trinity nerf EV...
Couse we here blessing must be nerf...
who have ever seen so much armor on valkyr nerf it now...
who who who no more god mode with valkyr as well. ..
now lets fix frost globe defs are way to easy...
mirage total eclipse...op...
chroma...cmon ...ice tank must go...
saryn ultimate...yeah yeah this we will nerf to...
wtf is wrong with ashes bladestorm...perfect for draco ! well...remove...
what...a smoke screen....nerf totally. ..
vauban vortex...have you seen that magic...nerf now...
bastille oh yea now we talking nerf...
rhino iron skin...wtf remove...
rorar...no no no stop it now...

ok i will stop here for now i got bored...

if you all nerf lovers dont like warframe "balance" go to fuc@#$ ng destiny...you happy now...after all this post im gueasing that is the flexibility in game you are looking for.

post after post, always the same, trinity, nova, excal, mesa, no worries after that the time will come for others frames. It's just the matter of time...

Well you see DE are sensible people while we talk about all of this.We can count that until they see that something is game breaking,it is not the vision they had, or is something will affect things later on .the community hates come from different things while many people don't dislike something you don't see DE changing that if mesa those get reworked or nerfed then so be it all i know is something is gonna have to be done,because sooner or later DE will get sick of hearing people complain about Mesa,draco and other things,and will either ignore those people,or listen to them if they have a Valid point.

But sersily so far anything that gotten nerf had at least had some sense behind not just been because DE was listening to players.If anything conclave is the only one that gets those debuff and thats because pvp always need to re-balance to keep things fair after all that player on player competitive interaction,unlike pve which we work together and only will get fix is not in their vision as were they wish the game would go or is game breaking.Yes they might add things the player ask for but they still have the game vision in mind(i might have made assumption but this is really my opinion on how i see it)

So i am not sure if you were just ranting but i don't think DE will do all of that.

For once the frame in question isn't one of my regular frames so I can give an unbiased comment about it.

In short Mesa and Gmag didn't ruin the game, it gives people a means to achieve high mastery in a very short amount of time, what took me nearly two years mite take new players a few months.

What it did ruin, is player skill, replay-ability of the game, varying play styles, and frame variations. 

I have the comfort of knowing that if and when they nerf Mesa and Gmag, I will still have the skills and means to rank up my weapon and frames without having to resort to a camp farm. 

I can respect that bro....Kubrows to you

I don't own Mesa or Gmag or have anything remotely against them and i can agree that if anything those happened to powers i am confident in my skills to just use my weapons and dodge to survive and rank up.And hey i usually rank my thing up in solo mode doing the stealth kill bonus.

Believe what you want, I didn't notice LoS on her before. Now I do so my bad on stating she should have what she already has. I made a mistake, I have no reason to lie about not knowing she had LoS.

Its not about you lying- just proof that we have a bunch of uninformed opinions going around. Not just you, just in general, especially when it comes to these "nerf X, its ruining the game" threads.

From 1:07. However I suggest to watch the entire video. 

You know i am Glad you showed me this video, i really am.I love warframe is that one game were i know i can go back and play and have fun and because the community we do have in the game i am always enjoying it.

Even when all i see are ,we require a mesa or we need a Gmag,which is not fully true they require them because of what they can do unique to the frame if anything does happened will be range nerf on greedy pull and how many bullets peace .This things aren't ruining the game they are making habits that they will follow but is not ruining the game we taking that away from them will ruin something they consider fun or worth at least their time.

I can say it like this we have Leaders and we have followers.Their was a smart group of people who came up with strategy to get the best out of a situation as such they came up with using an Mesa ultimate peacemaker+Greedy pull augmentation of mag strategy which does the job is intended to do. Unintentionally this strategy was not just thought of by just one group,but many and after so it became the role model for farming.This is not really bad as we see it just causes confusion that we can clearly fix with just talking to the person.I mean just look at the forum how many people disagree with mesa,how many people do not ,and finally how many don't care.You can easily establish a squad with the people who are like you.Now While we can say that things like being over reliant as a whole in things like Mesa+Mag combo or other things as such gives as bad example and creates bad habits for new player is not exactly so because their are 2 categories that player fall in Leader and Follower,while player who are in the leader category will come up with better ideas and will get better over time then the follower will pick up this idea and follow the steps.All people who do care to do is show the better example.because the people who follow once they see that what you can do is awesome and more fun then what they been doing they will follow your example.And please don't be that guy.

Alert:this is comic strip from the newspaper

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/$&*^FromInternet.jpg

Edited by Leavith

The reason I play solo a lot.

I've noticed since reaching MR16 a lot of missions w/similar players are:

Saryn nukes everything insta quick or mesa stands next to gmag and you know what.

Might as well get a cup of coffee.  There is no danger.  Rush the objective, copter madly to extraction, F*** the team.  I honestly had so much more fun starting out this game and being vulnerable. You would stay with your teammate, sneak and hide, use each other to stay alive.  That was fun and where most of my friends list came from.  At some point it turned into use max force to mega-quick farm.  Where is the fun?

I hadn't bothered to get Nekros yet so I did OA solo. It was pretty fun running dodging to stay alive.  I made it so I foolishly recruited a squad thinking it would be fun with others.  We touched down and entered the arena.  In less than 15 seconds phase 1 was done.  Then litterally before I my animation of dropping and slowly standing was over (I took a few puffs of a cig, didn't cancel cutscene) phase 2 was done and the team to top it all off didn't even wait for me in the @(*()$ elevator.  Yes there are two elvavators but still, what is that? A game? A co-op based PVE game? I don't know what that is.  This ain't my damn job.

I have always found it amusing when I see players asking for a certain frame for T1D's, I think sometimes people don't understand the idea of defending a point. It makes me laugh when I see these players running around willy nilly instead of defending one of four points and me just defending my point and at the end of almost all matches I always end up killing more they they do and I do this without using a Mesa. I mean think about it, they have to come to you, their goal is to destroy the pod, so why are you going after them? I mean if your going to get bored defending a point don't play defense missions.

I just avoid those groups and don't spam pacemaker. It's duller than dirt. She's fun with just her first three abilities. I kind of wish DE would get rid of these ultimate press four for mini apocalypse skills. Some have great ones that are fun and helpful, but others are just so... Some that come to mind are:

Loki's

Necros

I just avoid those groups and don't spam pacemaker. It's duller than dirt. She's fun with just her first three abilities. I kind of wish DE would get rid of these ultimate press four for mini apocalypse skills. Some have great ones that are fun and helpful, but others are just so... Some that come to mind are:

Loki

Necros

Chroma

Trinity

People are too focused in this thread on the aimbot... it's a power, tons of powers "aimbot".  Volt homes in on the general direction of your enemy while most of the nukes for Frost, Ember, Nova etc all automatically target and hit every mob in the area.

Aimbot isn't the problem with Mesa.  It's the fact that unlike nuker frames she has a 50m perpetual kill range that ignores solid obstacles and doesn't have any real limits on her power so long as she is fed a constant supply of energy orbs.  To pull off what she does as Saryn you would still need to actually roam the map getting shot at, not standing protected in a bubble for the entire round sniping mobs in the distance.

An actual aimbot program is limited by the ammo on your guns.  It cannot spam shots forever and ammo drops run out as enemies get harder to kill.  Mesa doesn't have that problem because energy is ever plentiful and can even be restored by certain frames.  The only thing that restores ammo beyond mob drops is a limited duration consumable pad.

The problem was around long, long before Mesa was a thing. She's just in possession of an exceptionally poorly-designed ability that's exacerbated the issue.

Yep.

To OP:

Certain frames create synergies with others.

When building a team, players look for a few things: defense, support, crowd control, and an extra (usually utility)

*insert the current best options*

Mesa (CC), Mag Prime/Trinity (support), Frost/Vauban (defense), and an extra (I like Loki and trinity).

This model will continue until Warframe dies unless DE makes a MAJOR overhaul (which won't ever happen). The frames chosen for said model are irrelevant as they are simply the current best at their role.