Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Scorpions Please. Very Annoying Unit.

Lancars

Anytime i fight grineer and i'm going through the level every few seconds a friggin scorpion slips around the corner and insta harpoons. I'm getting sick of being harpooned ever 5 to 10 seconds on a lot of grineer levels its getting infuriating. They never seem to miss. And they can shoot it through friendlies so they can be in a crowd and BAM harpooned.

Mods won't solve this problem and i can roll and dodge all i want but they seems to snapshot the thing and it doesn't miss at a set range. And some levels end up being cramped as soon as they round the corner its the FIRST thing they do and they seem to fire it before you even get around the corner so when i do pop out BAM harpoon and knocked over at point blank range. I have constitution mod but the fact i'm getting knocked down over and over and over and over and over and over and over its like a broken record with these (Insert harsh obscene words that can't speak on the forums due to rules)

Enough with the harpoon spam. Its not a challenge or an enemy tactic its just stupid annoying spam. I feel like i have to run a spammy frame in order to counter this cheap spammy tactic. Fight spam with spam and then worry when that spam ability he frame has gets nerfed.

EDIT: SInce people are reading into this wrong I AM NOT DYING TO THEM i'm just finding it very annoying. I don't die to the scorpions or there harpoons i just find the spam they do just plain stupid.

Edited by Lancars

LOL!

Why shuold DE nerf dem, cuz you say so?

They are fine as they are..

people just need to git good

You probably sit on defense pods under snowglobes with Gmag's and not actually play the game.

Try blocking.

Have you even bothered to read my post? What am i gonna do? Run around with melee block up all the time and then wait till my stamina recharges? Did you even read the part about the fact you round a corner or they round a corner and quicksnap the harpoon? No? Then don't bother making a comment here because you're not providing anything useful.

Sorry but... this seems to have been written with anger and does not reflect the reality by any stretch of imagination.

Edit: I should also clarify this now, since I am going to have to do it later anyways; Scorpions have a rather long animation (in relation to human reaction time) in which they prepare to use the hook. This "telegraphing" allows the player to shoot, dodge, go to cover or block (if you happen to have melee equipped) the incoming attack. So performance-wise the Scorpion is a good support while not being too nasty.

Single Scorpion doesn't do much harm, but multiple can be more unpleasant. This rarely occurs though since they are relatively uncommon spawns and can be dealt with quick, so only when ignored will they appear in numbers.

How often does a Scorpion appear behind a corner just to knock you down immediately? They don't exactly have "corner camping" AI and the level design in tangent with the enemy spawn locations don't exactly add up to the chance of them being behind every nook and cranny. More often you come across one in the open.

If in all honesty you can say that they insta-grapple you behind corners and this AI behaviour is spam oriented, could you clarify in which conditions this happens at and provide some actual footage?

Edited by Kotommi

Constitution? That mod isn't of much use when helping you get up faster and mostly helps with duration. Try Handspring. That mod makes your Tenno turn every single knockdown done by any enemy into sort of an advantage because the recovery time is faster than the enemy's recovery animation from doing the knockdown attack and you can immediately pop some rounds into their heads. I have it on my Excalibro and he's all "Lol, nope" at anything that tries to knock him down.

Also, whenever Scorpions are around, roll. Keep rolling. You won't be dragged if you roll and you can kill them while they're recovering from their animation. Rolling also mitigates a large amount of damage as you do so.

Roll. Watch your surroundings. Don't stand still.

^^^

Roll. You should always roll anyway because of dat dmg reduction and knockdown immunity.

If you roll and pay attention to your surroundings you will be fine.

Sometimes you will still make a mistake or a sneaky bugger will hook you still, but its not a big deal once you get these things down pat.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Sorry but... this seems to have been written with anger and does not reflect the reality by any stretch of imagination.

I'm infuriated. I have a reason to be. I find this mechanic beyond ridiculous then challenging. I will be salty about it. If i was any more angry then MAYBE i would have said more obscene things.

Constitution? That mod isn't of much use when helping you get up faster and mostly helps with duration. Try Handspring. That mod makes your Tenno turn every single knockdown done by any enemy into sort of an advantage because the recovery time is faster than the enemy's recovery animation from doing the knockdown attack and you can immediately pop some rounds into their heads. I have it on my Excalibro and he's all "Lol, nope" at anything that tries to knock him down.

Also, whenever Scorpions are around, roll. Keep rolling. You won't be dragged if you roll and you can kill them while they're recovering from their animation. Rolling also mitigates a large amount of damage as you do so.

Waste of a mod slot for a decent build.

^^^

Roll. You should always roll anyway because of dat dmg reduction and knockdown immunity.

If you roll and pay attention to your surroundings you will be fine.

Sometime you will still make a msitake or a sneaky bugger will hook you still, but its not a big deal once you get these things down pat.

I want to play Warframe not Rollframe. I'm playing a melee fighter and shooter with space ninja's not sanic the go fast hedgehog. Plus there is stamina to think about and the fact that rolling just slows me down greatly so i get left behind.

Waste of a mod slot for a decent build.

I want to play Warframe not Rollframe. I'm playing a melee fighter and shooter with space ninja's not sanic the go fast hedgehog. Plus there is stamina to think about and the fact that rolling just slows me down greatly so i get left behind.

You don't have to roll much as long as you pay attention.

If your team is rushing then its unlikley you will get caught by a scorpian.

besides, if everyones going fast then aren't you really playing sanic go fast frame?

Pfft, what is stamina? Stamina is barely noticeable.

If you aren't willing to use the methods available to counter the issue then I don't know what to tell you.

Things shouldn't be nerfed just because people aren't willing to use the tools they've been given.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Annoying but in game have a lot annoying unit like mutalist moas and ancient combo. The butcher also annoying and the troll footsoldiers with their auto detect and door locking mechanism. The scorpions and prodmans also annoying but thise game made piss you off and make you anger and give a reason to kill those basterds. If they hug you and give you some flower and acting like cute persons then nobody wish to kill them.

This game have more annoying things than the mobs.

You probably sit on defense pods under snowglobes with Gmag's and not actually play the game.

*Laughs* Im sorry, did that string a little?

FIY: I hate frost, also there are alot worse enemy's in game, then a wee-little "Hooker", I personally feel the Infested are the hardest faction in the game (Now with their darn Moa's and new Jugg). But that's mostly cuz I don't play aginest them, or kown how to mod or fight them in an great manner, but I won;'t take suggestions of players, as I Role Play my way, so my warframes learn with me.

Edited by LegionCynex

Not a waste if it helps you survive and mitigate damage that you would have suffered while you were knocked down and unable to do anything about it.

This isn't about damage its the fact every few seconds i'm getting harpooned by a insta crackshot scorpion that come around corners. Imagine trying to get to your oven cause something is burning and you're being tripped up by pets instantly coming around the corner. Thats the best i got. The damage is not a problem for me its the fact its just knockdown spam that keeps coming out of nowhere all the time because they fire the milisecond they see you becuase the AI can see you through the walls and wait till is has an LOS to fire it. And being snatched out of the air all the time is also annoying.

Apart from the troll suggestions, here is what you can do:

1 Play as loki. You get ignored by the annoying trash heap.

2. Use anti knock down mods. I use them on frames like rhino prime.

3 Use frames that can clean out rooms or CC.

If you hate scorpions, you will hate playing against the infested.

This isn't about damage its the fact every few seconds i'm getting harpooned by a insta crackshot scorpion that come around corners. Imagine trying to get to your oven cause something is burning and you're being tripped up by pets instantly coming around the corner. Thats the best i got. The damage is not a problem for me its the fact its just knockdown spam that keeps coming out of nowhere all the time because they fire the milisecond they see you becuase the AI can see you through the walls and wait till is has an LOS to fire it. And being snatched out of the air all the time is also annoying.

Reality is not comparable to a vidya game.

Like others said, if you get good at doing these things then you will very rarely get hooked.

You have the tools to avoid the issue, so use them.

If you ever use melee frequently then you pretty much have to get good at rolling anyway.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

You don't have to roll much as long as you pay attention.

If your team is rushing then its unlikley you will get caught by a scorpian.

besides, if everyones going fast then aren't you really playing sanic go fast frame?

Pfft, what is stamina? Stamina is barely noticeable.

If you aren't willing to use the methods available to counter the issue then I don't know what to tell you.

Things shouldn't be nerfed just because people aren't willing to use the tools they've been given.

It should be nerfed its i have to spend my whole time going from point at to point being spam clicking my shift key to roll roll roll like i'm some tumbleweed and even then i'm still being snatched by it or have to spend my whole time with my weapon raised to avoid it. Its plain and simple spam ever few seconds that i shouldn't have to debilitate myself to avoid. And again they keep popping around corners so your whole thing on paying attention does not hold up since i do not have xray vision. I can put all the effort into do everything i can to counter but i rather not look like an idiot rolling around all the time and not doing anything productive because the second i stop HARPOON. Its a game about fighting not a rolling simulator.

Apart from the troll suggestions.

Oh The Irony you say that Lok_....Wait.....*looks to Loki Prime*....

Never Mind :3

FIY: Not really trolls, just people finding it cute, that OP thinks hes better then us all, and won't take superior advice or admit he sucks at the game. but yeah, if he can't beat an simple Grinner, then the Infested are going to chew him apart. 

Apart from the troll suggestions, here is what you can do:

1 Play as loki. You get ignored by the annoying trash heap.

2. Use anti knock down mods. I use them on frames like rhino prime.

3 Use frames that can clean out rooms or CC.

1 I'd like to play any frame i please.

2 Waste of mod slot.

3 I'm not better then them and again i'd like to play other frames other thing press4towin.

I don't have nearly this much trouble with ancients since they take longer to fire it and they don't pointblank fire it. Ancients balanced. Scorpions are spamtards.

It should be nerfed its i have to spend my whole time going from point at to point being spam clicking my shift key to roll roll roll like i'm some tumbleweed and even then i'm still being snatched by it or have to spend my whole time with my weapon raised to avoid it. Its plain and simple spam ever few seconds that i shouldn't have to debilitate myself to avoid. And again they keep popping around corners so your whole thing on paying attention does not hold up since i do not have xray vision. I can put all the effort into do everything i can to counter but i rather not look like an idiot rolling around all the time and not doing anything productive because the second i stop HARPOON. Its a game about fighting not a rolling simulator.

Like I said, if you pay attention and get good a knowing when to roll and when not too then you won't spend much time rolling at all.

Once it gets to a point when you do it instinctively then you will notice even less.

Don't over dramatise the issue, especially seeing as you don't seem to have spent much time even trying out what has been suggested to make comments like that.

Thats all the advice I have.

Either way I don't think there is any reason to nerf them.