Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Is Gone? What About Replacing It With A Channeling Bar?

LightstealKnight

Channeling costs energy.
I think it would be a positive change to make it drain from a green bar instead, that refills over time.
And maybe make blocking drain from this same bar?

This will add the perfect stat for re-purposing those mods, arcane helmets, and re-balancing issues that will come up.

Any thoughts?

I have posted it sometime ago, Energy is overused to both channeling and powers, and both should use separate bars. 

But maybe it could work another way. the green bar could work like a fighting game, a COMBO BAR. 

The player would gain only a little combo power by shooting enemies, and a lot by meleeing. Blocking and being hit would also slowly fill the combo meter, based on the amount of damage. 

Chanelling or melee combos would drain it, but the combos damage would have to be greatly buffed if they are to be put behind an energy bar to be useable. 

But I think that the COMBO BAR which is raised by active engagement is better then an auto-replenishing-ver-time bar. 

Marathon mod & similar would allow/increase combo replenishment by a not combat related action, plain walking or running.

Running/walking should be noisy/silent to piggyback on noise mechanics to give walking more reason to exist. there should be more advantages to walking over running as well on certain occasions. 

Oh, so the bar would be used for Channeling instead of our precious energy? Hmm... Not sure I like it. I mean, the synergy that Rage offers with Channeling and Life strike would be gone, wouldn't it? I like this synergy... Endless self-sufficiency FTW.^^

I have posted it sometime ago, Energy is overused to both channeling and powers, and both should use separate bars. 

But maybe it could work another way. the green bar could work like a fighting game, a COMBO BAR. 

The player would gain only a little combo power by shooting enemies, and a lot by meleeing. Blocking and being hit would also slowly fill the combo meter, based on the amount of damage. 

Chanelling or melee combos would drain it, but the combos damage would have to be greatly buffed if they are to be put behind an energy bar to be useable. 

But I think that the COMBO BAR which is raised by active engagement is better then an auto-replenishing-ver-time bar. 

Marathon mod & similar would allow/increase combo replenishment by a not combat related action, plain walking or running.

Running/walking should be noisy/silent to piggyback on noise mechanics to give walking more reason to exist. there should be more advantages to walking over running as well on certain occasions. 

I like this idea, maybe the bar could fill up slowly over time, and fill up quicker when using un-channeled melee?

I like the channelling bar idea but it should not be use for running or to replace the stamina mods it would just be confusing.

And for this to even work aura mods that restore energy over time would have to restore channelling over time too as channelling takes energy with every channelling slash.

Edited by Kaiservadin

That'd be a cool idea, but Rage+Life strike... :(

Rage would still fill up energy which is very useful for melee builds (Rhino Skin, Chroma 2&3, Valkyr 4, Loki invis) but Rage will now be no longer required (freeing up a mod) for these builds.

This green bar would fill up from normal attacks, and slightly over time, and then lifestrike would kick in as you start channeling.  This would also make quick, lower damage weapons more viable because they would drain the bar faster, but also fill it up faster.

And for this to even work aura mods that restore energy over time would have to restore channelling over time too as channelling takes energy with every channelling slash.

The whole point is that channeling is completely unlinked to energy.  A separate aura mod could restore stamina, but it is completely unnecessary due to the fact that basic mods already recharge stamina on melee attacks and it would do this automatically anyways.