Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 Trailer! (More E3 News)

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-trailer-premieres-at-xbox-conference-no-pc-version-confirmed-yet/

AAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAA​AAAAAAAAAAH

So much for DS2 being the last one.

Not complaining though of course. Looking forward to a new one.

After watching im guessing this is a Prequel to number two. That fella looks awfully like the Giant King/Lord.

Also, blackened Ivory Crown 1 minute in?

Edited by DeMonkey

That means no arfticial difficulty using bosses that self multiply, and no fuckign oneshots

I really don't see how self multiplying bosses (in this case, it'd be the Dark Lurker) being counted as artificial difficulty 

If you were talking about the Throne Guardian and Throne watcher, then I'd agree.

Also the oneshots would only really happen if you were as low levelled to get oneshotted, because I never get onshotted (unless it's a backstab from a UGS)

Tbh i never got what everyone means in regards to Dark Souls' difficulty. I mean, it's not an easy game by any means, but ... hardly anything out of the usual.

When Demon's Souls and Dark Souls came out, it was at a time when difficulty in games was rarely really seen in how those games handle it. 

Now it's common place and we all expect, quite frankly I don't care for the difficulty because all the games are now easy for me.

What I'm interested in is the setting, enemies, lore and armor/weapons.

I really don't see how self multiplying bosses (in this case, it'd be the Dark Lurker) being counted as artificial difficulty 

If you were talking about the Throne Guardian and Throne watcher, then I'd agree.

Also the oneshots would only really happen if you were as low levelled to get oneshotted, because I never get onshotted (unless it's a backstab from a UGS)

Including DLC content, @(*()$ HALF of DSII's bosses were gank bosses. This means the bosses don't have to have particularly interesting or difficult to figure out patterns, because they can attack you from 2-3 directions at once. I wouldn't really call this "artificial" difficulty," but it's really annoying when the first Dark Souls got a lot of positive attention because of how interesting its boss fights were. There are only so many things that can happen when half of your bosses rely on attacking you from outside of your camera view.

One-shots are also okay. They've always been a part of Dark Souls depending on how you distribute your stat points. THAT SAID, they had better @(*()$ take the magnets off of enemy weapons for DSIII. I cannot properly express how frustrating it is to be hit while behind an enemy that strikes forward. Polish the hit-frames, tighten up the animations, tweak the telegraphs, whatever you need to keep it difficult, but for the gods' sake cut out the BS move-tracking and random AOE. 

Also... pls fix jump attack/guard break input frames and parry frames for PC. Which they ought to have fixed for Scholar of the First Sin, and if we're being strict, shouldn't have been an issue in DSII to begin with. 

Including DLC content, @(*()$ HALF of DSII's bosses were gank bosses. This means the bosses don't have to have particularly interesting or difficult to figure out patterns, because they can attack you from 2-3 directions at once. I wouldn't really call this "artificial" difficulty," but it's really annoying when the first Dark Souls got a lot of positive attention because of how interesting its boss fights were. There are only so many things that can happen when half of your bosses rely on attacking you from outside of your camera view.

OH REALLY?

NEED I MENTION HOW HORRID THE FOU- SORRY, I MEAN FIVE OLD KINGS WERE.

OR HOW ANNOYING SMOUG IS WITH HIS CHARGE ATTACK?

OR HOW CAPRA DEMON IS PURLY BASED ON THOSE POISON DOGS GIVING YOU TROUBLE?

Also I counted 9.

9 out of 32 bosses.

That's really half of all of DkS2 bosses eh?

And I'm only counting the ones that really qualify as gank bosses, not the ones which can summon someone as those aren't on the same level.

One-shots are also okay. They've always been a part of Dark Souls depending on how you distribute your stat points. THAT SAID, they had better @(*()$ take the magnets off of enemy weapons for DSIII. I cannot properly express how frustrating it is to be hit while behind an enemy that strikes forward. Polish the hit-frames, tighten up the animations, tweak the telegraphs, whatever you need to keep it difficult, but for the gods' sake cut out the BS move-tracking and random AOE. 

No argument here.

Also... pls fix jump attack/guard break input frames and parry frames for PC. Which they ought to have fixed for Scholar of the First Sin, and if we're being strict, shouldn't have been an issue in DSII to begin with. 

Never had an issue with this.

Edited by TheErebus.

Also I counted 8.

8 out of 32 bosses.

That's really half of all of DkS2 bosses eh?

Count again, and account for all multiple-enemy bosses, whether they're multiple copies of the boss or not. 

1. Flexile Sentry + Shadows on NG+

2. Ruin Sentinels

3. Belfry Gargoyles

4. Skeleton Lords

5. Elana, the Squalid Queen(Velstadt Summon)

6. Royal Rat Authority

7. Prowling Magus and Congregation

8. The Duke's Dear Freja

9. Royal Rat Vanguard

10. Twin Dragonriders

11. Looking Glass Knight (Phantom Summons)

12. Throne Defender and Throne Watcher

13. Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg, and Cerah the Old Explorer

14. Burnt Ivory King

15. Lud, the King's Pet and Zallen, the King's Pet

Pretty close to half. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

Tbh i never got what everyone means in regards to Dark Souls' difficulty. I mean, it's not an easy game by any means, but ... hardly anything out of the usual.

Some games do/did seem to generally spoonfeed you stuff and didn't provide that much of a challenge and sometimes felt lacking.

Edited by Naith

What I'm interested in is the setting, enemies, lore and armor/weapons.

The video seems to relate heavily to the crowns DLC (Perhaps to push people to buy the DLC for the new game). Looks like Eleum Loyce is shown at 50 seconds, Burnt Ivory Crown at 1 minute. Not sure i see anything to do with the Sunken Crown though. I may be wrong about all that of course.

If I'm right then the lore should be good since it will build on what we already know. Settings should be varied, although theres a chance it could be 'samey'.

Count again, and account for all multiple-enemy bosses, whether they're multiple copies of the boss or not. 

13/32

Still not even half.

And I didn't count the Sinner because it only becomes a gank at NG+, but on NG she is on her own.

The video seems to relate heavily to the crowns DLC (Perhaps to push people to buy the DLC for the new game). Looks like Eleum Loyce is shown at 50 seconds, Burnt Ivory Crown at 1 minute. Not sure i see anything to do with the Sunken Crown though. I may be wrong about all that of course.

If I'm right then the lore should be good since it will build on what we already know. Settings should be varied, although theres a chance it could be 'samey'.

The castle looks a lot like Drangleic castle.

So much for DS2 being the last one.

Not complaining though of course. Looking forward to a new one.

After watching im guessing this is a Prequel to number two. That fella looks awfully like the Giant King/Lord.

Also, blackened Ivory Crown 1 minute in?

Why does everyone keep saying Giant Lord, looks like some kind dude in a hood with his face blackened do to it for me.

If it's not being made by the A team, then I'm not interested.

Hideteka Miyazaki (Director of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne) is directing this one.

Why does everyone keep saying Giant Lord, looks like some kind dude in a hood with his face blackened do to it for me.

tbh There is a bit of resemblance, but not a whole lot.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Giant+Lord

Dark Souls 1 had it's own share of magnets. And it's own share of multiple enemy bosses. Hell if you had any trouble with Dark Souls 2 multiple enemy bosses you're honestly just really bad cus only Darklurker was in any way a problem.

it's Dark Souls 3 directed by Miyazaki but he's clearly acknowledging 2 happened and will continue off that. As someone whose liked Dark Souls 2's combat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more then 1 (PVP I played alot of, cus it existed beyond backstab phishing and Giant Dad). But the lore of 1 was Miyazaki's touch missing, this one should be great, That being said, I hope the "B-Team" have their hands on it too cus I don't want it to be a clunky variety unfriendly game like Bloodborne is where anything beyond Bloodtinge Chikage, or Vit chugging is good. I beat that game in 3 days and got all but 3 chieve's. I hope Dark Souls 3 atleast has the NG+ changes so I can play it more then once. And it's variety, powerstancing, magic variety. But the level design and overall lore adhesion of 1.

Dark Souls 1 had it's own share of magnets. And it's own share of multiple enemy bosses. Hell if you had any trouble with Dark Souls 2 multiple enemy bosses you're honestly just really bad cus only Darklurker was in any way a problem.

I found Throne Watcher and Throne Guardian to be a problem, because they just never let up (and not in a good way). Their problem was that they always grouped together and made you just keep moving back instead of developing an actual tactic against them.

The camera to me makes it seem the figure is much larger then a human, along with the crown and no face make it seem like the giant lord. Though who really knows at this point.

Also in regards to the castle (Assuming everyone is referring to the one at about half a minute in) am I the only one seeing Anor Londo's grand cathedral? With the struts connecting to other spires and the similar clouds it just gives me the same feel, if so waiting for older dragonslayer...

The camera to me makes it seem the figure is much larger then a human, along with the crown and no face make it seem like the giant lord. Though who really knows at this point.

Also in regards to the castle (Assuming everyone is referring to the one at about half a minute in) am I the only one seeing Anor Londo's grand cathedral? With the struts connecting to other spires and the similar clouds it just gives me the same feel, if so waiting for older dragonslayer...

Actually...you do have a point.

Aw hell, if it's in Lordran, then I don't even know where the game will even take place anymore.

It's a sequel of the first game, but a prequel of the second...A MIDQUEL?