Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Should Be Our Ui

-Krux-

I'd agree, but I can't help but notice sleekness and usability in the design.

It's rather interesting, but I don't think 3d assets will be downgraded back to 2d.

It would be weird if you didn't, what website wants to suck in terms of usability and sleekness :P

It would be weird if you didn't, what website wants to suck in terms of usability and sleekness :P

That question would also carry over to in-game UI, where a large number of players can agree usability is lacking.

Perhaps design points for this design could mesh with current UI to create a hybrid, if need be. The layouts, mostly.

mmmm sleek, resembles the old star chart before the change, very clean and simple and stream lined, devs should take some notes from this even if they dont decide to use this players hard work ^^

Edited by 7Lions

That question would also carry over to in-game UI, where a large number of players can agree usability is lacking.

Perhaps design points for this design could mesh with current UI to create a hybrid, if need be. The layouts, mostly.

I guess you have a point, but I can't help but feel that this design is too... robust. Too... flat and takes up too much screen estate. 

That's why it feels more at home as a website, and less so as a game UI. 

It takes you out of the world, which is something the current UI tries to avoid.

As a design for a Warframe app accessible from your browser? I could absolutely see it.

Starcarft 3.0 implies there will be a new UI to go with it.

Not necessarily, they could use the existing one, and "edit" the old style into the 3D planets.
Edited by Cynaris

It takes you out of the world, which is something the current UI tries to avoid.

As a design for a Warframe app accessible from your browser? I could absolutely see it.

You know what takes me out of the world the most...its all these sand box and instances....if only WF became an open world free roaming game ala World of Warframe xD

One can only dream

Edited by 7Lions

there nothing extra in usability compared to the current ui, its actually worst, i cant select any planet there without scrolling between all the planets until i see text label for the one im looking for, as for the mission node picker is also slower than the current system as one can only see like 7 nodes at a time, also, i dont know if im right about this, but i think that this concept leaded to the current design, which implies and explains why the current UI is more or less the same, but in 3D and with more usability in al its aspects

as for the grid where the UI elements are inscripted, it hardly fits a tenno design, if any faction would design that, it would be the corpus

I'd agree, but I can't help but notice sleekness and usability in the design.

It's rather interesting, but I don't think 3d assets will be downgraded back to 2d.

"downgraded"

That's a joke.  

U14's UI change was a debacle; this UI looks like a step back in the right direction.

whether or not you see more usability or less, i think we can all agree that the current UI does lack in terms of functionality. It really could be better and I only really noticed this when looking at the screenshots of our old UI. We got a downgrade in the functionality aspect but an upgrade strictly aesthetically.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't even think it was an aesthetic upgrade. Our current UI is just butt-ugly. Looks like placeholder art and default text. It isn't as informative as the one we had two years ago and it has very little graphical representation of effects, besides that too small icon with the tiny timer that nobody has time to look at whilst in the heat of action. Its stripped down, dumbed down and made to look like they intended to port the game to a x286 system...

I don't even think it was an aesthetic upgrade. Our current UI is just butt-ugly. Looks like placeholder art and default text. It isn't as informative as the one we had two years ago and it has very little graphical representation of effects, besides that too small icon with the tiny timer that nobody has time to look at whilst in the heat of action. Its stripped down, dumbed down and made to look like they intended to port the game to a x286 system...

maybe i was just trying to be nice.