The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

It seems with the new patch Excalibur's passive works on all melee weapons now in exalted blade mode. before with my nikana and jat kitag, i hit 66k radial blind damage in exalted blade mode. Now today hitting 68k across all different weapon types

Edited by Dragazer

It seems with the new patch Excalibur's passive works on all melee weapons now. before with my nikana and jat kitag, i hit 66k finishers. Now today hitting 68k across all different weapon types

Have you tested Halikar?

Exalted Blade's energy waves at the moment, when channeled, drain energy on every enemy hit on just one wave.
I can understand if casting a single energy wave while channeling costs energy just once; however, the amount of energy you drain at the moment for launching one wave at 5+ monsters is frustrating with a 150 energy base..

Unfortunately I don't have a Halikar, but I tested the glaive prime which is in the same weapon class as the halikar and got the same results, the passive affects it as well.

Hmm.........welp I'm not angry at all....now people can use whatever weapon they want..I'm happy

Also now we have to play a little smarter....I just channel when I'm near 100-200 hp...also Life Strike isn't mandatory...that being said you can create a Channel build + Rage if need be without Life Strike

I'm a console player so I don't have direct access to excal but so if channeling the wave consumes energy now right? So if one wave hits 3 enemies is that 15 energy in the wave alone or 5?

2nd one. Which is pretty annoying at the moment. 

All melee attacks that hit more than one enemy drain energy per enemy hit when channeled.

And it's fine this way. The fixed scaling on the waves makes their dps ridiculous, no need to buff them any further.

Excal players (including me) just got used to "remote" HP replenishment with channeled waves. That's why it can be frustrating. Simple matter of adjusting, besides the waves are much more powerful now. 

I'm also interested in Slash Dash, no tweaks whatsoever. Would be nice to get an official info on how is it supposed to work, or if DE is still tweaking it and it didn't make it to 16.10. 

Edited by tisdfogg

Hmm.........welp I'm not angry at all....now people can use whatever weapon they want..I'm happy

Also now we have to play a little smarter....I just channel when I'm near 100-200 hp...also Life Strike isn't mandatory...that being said you can create a Channel build + Rage if need be without Life Strike

Unfortunately, I believe that its an unintended bug, the patch notes imply that the passive only works on certain melee weapon classes and not all of them.

Excalibur Fixes:

• Fixed channeling when using Excalibur’s Exalted Blade’s melee or projectile attacks not consuming additional energy.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Syndicate Mods from properly working with Exalted Blade.
  • Fixed Exalted Blade not properly gaining Excalibur’s passive upgrades with the proper melee weapon equipped.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Slash Dash causing the player to dash through Nullifier bubbles.

Edited by Dragazer

still waiting for clarification of slash dash of how its meant to work currently im only still hitting about 1-2-3 enemies in large groups

radial javelin rework or tweaks ? as its inferior to radial blind and his 4th and sometimes his 1st

auto parry fix for knockdowns as you cant even hold parry and block knockdowns?

more melee mods effecting EB like glaives mods or the one that's adds range?

radial javelin: still needs a rework or tweaks its less useful than radial blind and his 4th even his 1st can do more damage

finisher damager

adds to combo counter

radial blind gives it a stealth multiplier

stun increased by duration mods

radial blind: LOS still needs fixing or something needs to be done about it. it still misses enemys that are in groups while if an enemy is behind a door line but the door is open it will not always blind the target. while targets also maybe have just a foot or a leg behind a box and are looking at you still will not get blinded and the annoying part it it says LOS yet if I can see an enemy above me or below me it will not always hit them either. should make Excalibur glowing giving all the enemy's not hit by LOS accuracy reduction

finisher animation change to a different key to allow normal melee or finisher melee

defiantly do not like the new channelling as I can waste so much energy from hitting just one target when I only want it to hit one

I'm fine with Excal the way he is now.

Heck, I was fine with the way he was before people whining got him nerfed.  Now he's better than that, I actually have a reason to use him alongside all my other frames.  Thanks DE, y'did a great job this time around.

With the stealth multiplier its 7-12k. i don't use blind rage. using d.nikana. but not with full element build, with life strike and p.reach.

Wow, that's EXTREMELY low amount of damage. Try a proper elemental build with a Prisma Skana and Bright Purity on top of around 185%+ (Transient Fortitude + Intensify) power strength and you'll see about 10 times the damage.

I do a channeling build with Prisma Skana. I have reflex coil too, or else it'll be even higher. With the Mire and the Syndicate proc, I think you can afford to ditch reflex coil for corrupt charge for even more damage due to the blight proc restoring some energy, but 5 energy per wave sounds a bit steep to me and too glassy.

Wow, that's EXTREMELY low amount of damage. Try a proper elemental build with a Prisma Skana and Bright Purity on top of around 185%+ (Transient Fortitude + Intensify) power strength and you'll see about 10 times the damage.

i'm aware i can get more damage if i have more power strength. but it's not my optimal build as i said, i rather have other useful mods and i rather have surging dash over intensify. like, i need efficiency, i need a stretch, i sometimes remove my p.cont for a transient, but for safety i put it in to have a reasonable blind duration that also helps teammates.. however, what i could be improving is probably the melee weapon, but if it means i'm removing life strike and primed reach, then it would lack utility just for overkill damage and don't think it's worth it. 

edit: my damage went up to 30-40 k damage when putting prisma skana with bright purity and no utility like fury, reflex coil, life strike, and it also seemed i neeeded to forma it seeing as each element cost 11 points lol. 

- i also compared a prisma skana with the same elemental mods of my d.nikana, the bright purity mod increased the damage by 2-3 k. since it's just 3 element mods in it

Edited by SomeCrackHead