Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Mods Don't Seem To Be Correctly Increasing Excalibur's Exalted Blade Projectile Damage

Sonicbullitt

So after the 9.1 patch for Exalted blade, the melee component seems to be working a 100% as intended as I can kill enemies just as effectively with the energy blade as I can with my dakra prime if not better when i have my dakra prime equipped, even berserker and life strike work, however the second component, the slash wave projectiles don't seem to be taking those melee mods into account, at least not the full effect of them.

DE Rebecca quoted this: 

DERebecca, on 17 Jun 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

The design intent is:

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.
Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

Will look to see what's up - if anyone can post details (Damage #'s vs enemies) it'll help troubleshoot! Also include relevant loadout details (i.e my Radiant Finish Augment skews damage numbers, etc).

Link to the post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/476499-pc-1690-excalibur-feedback-megathread/page-2

So I know for sure that melee mods are supposed to affect the projectiles. I decided to do some tests of my own and  created two videos to show my results. The first video I have a fully modded and maxed dakra prime with corrosive and blast damage, as well as 172% power damage on Excal. After some testing I averaged around 100-200 damage on level 30-35 grineer give or take.

First video with melee weapon :

In the second video I have the same mod setup on Excal with 172% power damage but this time I don't have any melee weapon equipped at all and the same enemy level grineer as last time . This time I averaged around 70-100 damage give or take.

Second video with no melee weapon equipped: 

This time we can actually see that there is a decrease in damage, so adding a melee weapon with mods does indeed increases the damage of the projectiles however it still didn't add that much more damage, roughly only a 20% increase in damage I would estimate from the damage numbers I got .

Is this small damage increase Intentional DE ? If so Excal will not be viable for endgame and even mid game at all with this ability, not to mention you weren't entirely honest about the projectile damage scaling from ALL melee mods as the actual melee does significantly more damage and the projectiles seem to barely scale from melee mods, if at all.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Does power strength influence anything with EB?

Because with melee and 250%+ power strength - I'm seeing very little difference between melee and power strength

Apparently it does according to the new video DE released, after my tests though I am not so sure. 

The video in question :

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Much obliged

Maybe a bug in the coding?

Possibly, a clan mate told me there was an opposite problem before 9.1 where the melee itself was weak but the projectiles were strong don't quote me on that though, it's just what i heard from a friend.

The only mod on your Darka Prime that will enhance Exalted Blades damage, is Pressure Point, so it's no wonder you're barely doing anthing.

all mods are supposed to affect the abilities and life strike and berserker already work with it. Did you even read my whole post ?

Personally though, I am actually fine with the EB blade waves doing less damage or not getting the full benefit than the main swordie component itself. 

Because it still makes Exalted blade melee focus and the beams just help out with clearing out thrash mobs around while you flail on the main target.

But still it has a ton of bugs though.

Elementals are procing wrongly and I can attest that if I used Corrosive + Heat, I get Radiation toxic.

Also the Slash Dash blade beams, deal no damage, so it is merely cosmetic.

Personally though, I am actually fine with the EB blade waves doing less damage or not getting the full benefit than the main swordie component itself. 

Because it still makes Exalted blade melee focus and the beams just help out with clearing out thrash mobs around while you flail on the main target.

But still it has a ton of bugs though.

Elementals are procing wrongly and I can attest that if I used Corrosive + Heat, I get Radiation toxic.

Also the Slash Dash blade beams, deal no damage, so it is merely cosmetic.

That's the thing though you will even do low damage to normal lancers, the only enemies you can do decent damage too and even then it is still fairly low is the light armored melee ones. I am fine with the actual melee being more powerful, but as it stands the slash waves don't even do half the damage of the actual energy blade, which clearly means something is wrong. 

If it was intended to be this way his ultimate ability, would not be better than the standard melee we already have and the cool energy waves end up being nothing more than a gimmick.

Edited by Sonicbullitt