Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

Really? Can you tell me how to directional jump by pressing one button?

I totally missed that.

We will leave out the other effects and just focus on that.

How do you do it?

jump. e. OH MY GOD YOU HAD TO PRESS TWO BUTTONS WHAT IS LIFE.

On a side note, OP is insane. Or trolly. For anyone that does pay attention, they talked about movement 2.0 and how it's going to have charge jumps that would basically invalidate super jumps existence as we know it. So basically, xcal's getting major buffs all across the board AND A NEW ABILITY THAT ROCKS EVERYTHING. 

ergh, people sometimes. "HURR DURR CHANGE BAD. MUST PROTEST."

I've experimented with this pretty thoroughly, and I've found that relying on directional melee instead of Super Jump is a very good way of getting yourself instagibbed on any map with Ballistae, Seekers, or Nullifiers involved.

We aren't complaining about SJ's removal because we think that we'll be losing our mobility or anything crazy like that. We're complaining because we're losing the zero-delay invisibility that allows us to reliably time and dodge sniper attacks like we currently do.

Although I primarily use Loki (Prime), I'd like to say...

I agree that the different ability set should be optional. Some people really like his old set.

If this is the kind of logic we're going by, then I might as well say this:

I want Overheat back.

Yes, in my playstyle i am a bit risky and i try to wait to the last possible second so pressing one button is something good.

On a side note, OP is insane. Or trolly. For anyone that does pay attention, they talked about movement 2.0 and how it's going to have charge jumps that would basically invalidate super jumps existence as we know it. So basically, xcal's getting major buffs all across the board AND A NEW ABILITY THAT ROCKS EVERYTHING. 

ergh, people sometimes. "HURR DURR CHANGE BAD. MUST PROTEST."

Charge jump doesnt sound like something you can pull off quickly. Charge jump sounds like something you have to wait for.

We dont know if the new ability "rocks everything." And if it does.... it will get nerfed, you know this.

Change in this occasion is killing a play style. It's not being called bad it's just folks asking for the option to keep that style.

You can play the new Excal but give folks that want to keep the OG, OG the option of keeping him OG. Even though he isnt really that OG cause there have been some changed, still, as OG as it gets.

If this is the kind of logic we're going by, then I might as well say this:

I want Overheat back.

Yeah, DE should give us the option of different abilities.

Of course, this would need to be balanced because of what can be done with mods.

DE should look into limiting how much bonuses ability gets so people dont go nuts with mods.

Yeah, DE should give us the option of different abilities.

Of course, this would need to be balanced because of what can be done with mods.

DE should look into limiting how much bonuses ability gets so people dont go nuts with mods.

I was being sarcastic. Overheat is an old and removed ability. Super Jump will soon be an old and removed ability. People will just have to get used to it.

Man, I main Excalibur and I think it's safe to say that the upcoming rework is the best thing of 2015 warframe so far.

This guy knows what's up

Some people just want to stick to old stuff cuz they like it or don't wanna move on, super jump is a typewriter in a world of laptops computers and tablets.

Edited by (PS4)arod1alx7

you understand that all Warframes will be getting Super Jump (as Charged Jumps) as an innate capability?

My biggest concern at the moment is the swiftness with which this prospective "charged jump" can be activated.

Just to get this out of the way, I'm incredibly fond of Super Jump, always have been and always will be.  If there were some way for me to keep it exactly as it currently is (and be given the ability to trade any one frame ability for it on any frame) I'd take that in a heartbeat.  It's a gnarly skill.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not outclassed by directional melee unless you didn't know the specifics as to how SJ worked.  I'm hoping we'll eventually see frames with other super low cost skills that act as pure flexibility/utility tools as opposed to wide AoE spammable stuns CC.  They're much more interesting skills to play with for me.  Of course I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any AoEs either.  But it's nice to have other options out there for folks who enjoy different styles.

Anyways, as much as I definitely love Super Jump, I'm going to try and think positively towards the coming change.  Given what we've heard just so far about the upcoming potential changes, nothing about them particularly screams "mindless and dumbed down" to me in a general way.  So that's something to at least look forward too.  I'm also going to hope that the new variation of Slash Dash will be snappy/quick and not some sluggish and overly stylish move that's too slow to be a worthwhile 1.  If it's slow... well honestly that's just something I have to hope doesn't happen.

The remainder of the changes seem alright.  I still don't like them from a personal perspective, but I'm going to go with the flow for the time being.  It isn't like a can actively judge these prospective changes without actively seeing them.

All in all, if the prospective new Excal hopes to be reasonably usable in the realm of melee, he'll need to be swift and snappy.  If he's sluggish, well then it'll be a wasted of time.  We've already got the more bruisery/tough melee category covered with ol' Valk, so there's no reason to have Excal encroach into that territory.  I'll miss current Excalibur without question, but I'll hope for the best with the new version.

[size=1]I still want to keep Super Jump.[/size]

I was being sarcastic. Overheat is an old and removed ability. Super Jump will soon be an old and removed ability. People will just have to get used to it.

OK, your post didnt seem sarcastic.

And the reason i am suggesting giving people the option is that for Warframe DE just keeps popping out frames. So it shouldn't be strange that instead of popping out a new frame we get a different version of an existing frame.

This guy knows what's up

Some people just want to stick to old stuff cuz they like it or don't wanna move on, super jump is a typewriter in a world of laptops computers and tablets.

The one thing i find extremely strange for the people that are super gung-ho about this is how their arguments seem to only revolve around Super Jump.

Do you folks actually use every single ability with every warframe you use? Because i dont see this at all when i am playing.

Sure, i dont play with every person in the game but from what i see here and in the game people tend to stick to a specific pattern.

In fact, im usually the one that has to come here and talk about how i use all my abilities.

Not saying that creating a style that follows a specific move-set it's wrong but acting like one ability is destroying a frame doesnt really make sense.

I mean, the only time i've see tele-switch be used is to troll. And that's because all abilities are available now. During the mod power days people use to not equip several abilities.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

You understand that Super Jump can be outdone by 80% of the Directional melees? 

Super Jump grants invisibility on jump, I'm sure it stuns enemies when you land too. It's an instant cast and doesn't interrupt anything, it scales with power strength and you can use aerial direction melee in conjunction with it. It's not useless, you're just not seeing how it /can/ be used. 

My biggest concern at the moment is the swiftness with which this prospective "charged jump" can be activated.

i agree!

still, people seem to conveniently exclude that facet that doesn't support their argument, as if it doesn't exist. which makes it 'strawman', since important, related facets are deliberately ignored because the goal is to whine, not provide constructive feedback.

the idea of removing it is because Digital Extremes feels that everyone should have it.

how will 'Charged Jumps' work exactly? we'll certainly have to see. i'm presuming it will be as swift to use as Super Jump is. because it's being created from Super Jump basically, so i presume it's tactility will be retained.

Super Jump grants invisibility on jump, I'm sure it stuns enemies when you land too. It's an instant cast and doesn't interrupt anything, it scales with power strength and you can use aerial direction melee in conjunction with it. It's not useless, you're just not seeing how it /can/ be used. 

Its useless.

It makes you invisible for 1 seconds.

I prefer rolling instead of that.

Or get a Loki, becaome invisible and use directional melee.

Currently there is no place that cant be reached using directional melee(almost) ,so combining it with super jump is quite pointless.

People just cant stand the fact some frame is getting a useful skill, if that is not their favourite frame

parkour 2.0 will make super jump redundant this was stated by DE already and is also seen in the text for excal changes in the reason for removing it. and last saw it was one of the LEAST used powers by all frames. so why all the blah blah to keep it if we are gonna get something better that all frames can use and make excal an even stronger (hopefully) frame in the process? 

Its useless.

It makes you invisible for 1 seconds.

I prefer rolling instead of that.

Or get a Loki, becaome invisible and use directional melee.

It's useless but you could try to replicate the use of it by picking another frame, using a more expensive ability, and pressing several buttons.

You just proved how useful it is.

Currently there is no place that cant be reached using directional melee(almost) ,so combining it with super jump is quite pointless.

SJ has a combat use.

SJ is a cheap and quick escape ability.

This isn't just about reaching places.

People just cant stand the fact some frame is getting a useful skill, if that is not their favourite frame

I dont really know how you reached that conclusion.

It's useless but you could try to replicate the use of it by picking another frame, using a more expensive ability, and pressing several buttons.

SJ has a combat use.

I dont really know how you reached that conclusion.

Well lets just say the game developers and most of the community doesnt think like you do.

Sorry.

This guy knows what's up

Amen, dude.

Also, any true excalibur player would know that currently the best power to focus on is still radial blind, especially with the new augment;but, a good build for radial blind would provide also a negative power strength that means a super jump around 30cm high.

This to say that sometime super jump is funny, but most of the times is useless, especially if your focus is to actually make excalibur viable.

Nevermind the haters, they're gonna hate anyway.

Edited by siralextraffo

i agree!

still, people seem to conveniently exclude that facet that doesn't support their argument, as if it doesn't exist. which makes it 'strawman', since important, related facets are deliberately ignored because the goal is to whine, not provide constructive feedback.

the idea of removing it is because Digital Extremes feels that everyone should have it.

how will 'Charged Jumps' work exactly? we'll certainly have to see. i'm presuming it will be as swift to use as Super Jump is. because it's being created from Super Jump basically, so i presume it's tactility will be retained.

Yeah, that's why I'm not going to argue against the change seeing as I don't yet know how things will play out.  The reason I do worry about the prospective charged jump being slower is specifically because of its name, which in turn implies that we'll have to hold the jump key/button for X amount of time.  That X variable is the very core here, too short and it makes using the currently normal jump needlessly difficult, and too long would make the snappy escapes possible on current Super Jump impossible.  Which in turns would mean charged jump's capabilities as an actively usable part in combat are innately limited.  Of course that's all just speculation for now, so there's no reason to assume the worst.

I'll never deny that, upon first hearing the Excal rework stuff, I had a "table flip moment" in a pretty big way.  Kneejerk reactions all over the place, however I'm trying to reign that in for now.  Hearing that one of your favorite skills in the entire game is going by the wayside can have that effect.  It's too early to make any calls as to how this will play out.  I can't pretend I like the change in this specific way, but I'm not going to be outright oppossed to it either.  If the change works out well, then it's a win-win, so I'll just chill and look forward for now.  If it doesn't turn out so hot, we can use that new place as a launch pad for further changes for the overall betterment of the situation.

Hold up-- are you suggesting that the "SJ lovers" secretly main other classes and only support SJ on forums because they're jealous that Excal's getting a rework and their favourite frame isn't?

I... I can't even properly express with words how ridiculous of an assumption that is.

Hold up-- are you suggesting that the "SJ lovers" secretly main other classes and only support SJ on forums because they're jealous that Excal's getting a rework and their favourite frame isn't?

I... I can't even properly express with words how ridiculous of an assumption that is.

Its not that hard to understand.

Its been like that since the dawn of online games

You are just too naive.

You are too pure for us :(

Ah no btw i was talking about the others, ofc there might be some excal players who love super jump.

But i dont think their opinions will matter anymore

Edited by Absens

1. It's useless but you could try to replicate the use of it by picking another frame, using a more expensive ability, and pressing several buttons.

2. SJ has a combat use.

3. I dont really know how you reached that conclusion.

*i put in bullet points 1-3*

1. you dont need to choose a different frame since most melee weapons will give you the same if not more distance in travel with using SJ.

2. why use SJ as an escape when you can just blind the entire room and escape or just kill everything that is blind?

3. i have nothing for this since he kinda answered it.