The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

Your white knight antics are a bit twisted. Might as well be a white vigilante. If anything, listen to the intelligent people creating counterarguments instead of belittling everyone that has a difference of opinion to you. 

I'd hardly call it white knighting since I've gotten pissed at DE for other S#&$, and what people are getting mad at DE for is ridiculous. I haven't heard a single intelligent counterargument for this. Everyone is crying about not being able to abuse a bug and getting mad at DE for fixing it, and calling the entire Excalibur rework worthless because if it. There is no intelligence there, it's just a bunch of children being crybabies. It's not white knighting, it's having logic and realizing when people are going overboard and being ridiculous.

Yes he can. Jesus christ, I give up, you people are impossible. Just keep crying.

Everyone at DE is a god damn saint for putting up with this community. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with every single bit of content I produce getting crapped on by a bunch of children.

Here is a tissue since I'm sure there is a lot of brown on your nose. I'm not a child and Iv'e prob put more money in this game then your mommy gives you all year. No way in hell can he compete with Loki stealth Irradiating disarm or god mode valkyr. I bet you scream how Dayz is still in alpha and to not be so hard on them too lol. Radial Blind as finishers makes you extremely vulnerable as well so you are forced to use gun play over sword ninja dude now.

How I was a troll saying sad panda is beyond me how I'm slamming DE lol. You must not deal well with real criticism. 

P.s  Another tissue I'm sure you will need it again 

It's kind of sad how many of you are crying about how Life Strike is no longer implemented unless you channel.. Are you really that reliant on a single mod that you can't play Excalibur anymore?

The main issue is the added energy cost to use life strike. Pure and simple. Add the fact that EB uses energy per second and that you need to use radial blind to do some damage to those higher level enemies with EB along with the inevitable need to use life strike to get health back and you have a pretty energy hungry frame on paper. Tested out myself a little while ago; it's tedious.

I'd hardly call it white knighting since I've gotten pissed at DE for other S#&$, and what people are getting mad at DE for is ridiculous. I haven't heard a single intelligent counterargument for this. Everyone is crying about not being able to abuse a bug and getting mad at DE for fixing it, and calling the entire Excalibur rework worthless because if it. There is no intelligence there, it's just a bunch of children being crybabies. It's not white knighting, it's having logic and realizing when people are going overboard and being ridiculous.

All I see is complaints about complainers, honestly, which is redundant. Also, do a little more reading because I've seen a few intelligent people giving reasonable arguments.

Edited by R34LM

Why should we get over that life strike nerf ? While Valkyr has her invulnerability + it gets her life back ? get rid of her Life Back thingy too then. And that is not even close to comparison because excalibur has his energy drained while with Exalted Blade on :)

he was able to Tie in melee with Valkyr with his life strike innate, now it pretty much is like every other frame playing melee.

Edited by SameOneMillion

Changes:

• Optimized the rendering in Grineer Shipyards (Ceres) Defense and Interception minimaps.
  • Updated the firing sound on the Braton Vandal shots.

Fixes:

• Disabled many-core and dual-core physics optimizations until we can isolate why they cause crashes on certain machines.
  • Fixed some door audio effects playing too loudly.
  • Fixed some instances of duplicate player names showing up in the list of chat users.
  • Fixed an issue where the Aegis (from Silva and Aegis) would not collapse when holstered.
  • Fixed some instances of the Datamass spawning in walls on the Corpus Gas City tileset.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade’s melee attacks always counting as though it were channeled.
  • Fixed a wall in Conclave’s Underwater Lab tileset that did not have proper collision.
  • Fixed players being able to start Annihilation and Team Annihilation matches alone.

Hotfix 16.9.2.1

Fixes:

• Fixed cloth physics not properly reacting to falling distances.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade copying melee Stance Mods, which would break functionality of the Ability.
  • Fixed an issue causing Excalibur’s Exalted Blade to not properly release energy waves.

what about exalted blade doing low dmg when you're not host?

Radial Blind as finishers makes you extremely vulnerable as well so you are forced to use gun play over sword ninja dude now. 

You are actually invulnerable during blind/stagger/stun/stealth finishers.  There are two types of finishers in game, blind/stagger/stealth/stun finishers, and ground finishers, they both use a different damage calculation and scale differently, the blind/stagger/etc finishers don't increase with your melee attack speed or your combo counter, but ignore all enemy damage reduction and do colossal damage. They also have the benefit of rendering the player immune to damage for the entire animation.  Ground finishers on the other hand are mitigated by enemy armor, but increase in speed with melee attack speed, and increase damage with the combo counter.  The player is vulnerable to damage during this animation, however.

Radial Blind+Channeled finishers (you just have to hold the channel button before activating the finisher) are very effective in saving your life as you recover health while being immune to all damage during the animation.

Edited by Gelkor

It's kind of sad how many of you are crying about how Life Strike is no longer implemented unless you channel.. Are you really that reliant on a single mod that you can't play Excalibur anymore? It seems to me that you need to learn a new play style or grow a pair and deal with it. 

Reliant, no. But it was fun.

Edit: And too costly to use if it's not innate, especially now most of us who only had one Life Strike mod maxed it, goaded on by [DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks

Edited by LoopStricken

• Fixed an issue causing Excalibur’s Exalted Blade to not properly release energy waves.

No, it didnt got fixed sadly.

The Exalted Blade's stance is fixed, but there is no energy waves comming out.

I can prove this too. Look below.

zlcdKtT.png

See? No waves, and its not just a visual bug either.

EDIT: Seems that Glaive Prime (and possibly other throwable weapons) has this problem. Other melee weapons doenst seem to suffer from this. This still needs to be fixed!
Edited by Cebius

what about exalted blade doing low dmg when you're not host?

Elemental/Physical mods only working for host and Elemental/Physical mods not working for waves are features, regardless of DE saying otherwise. Unchannelled Life Strike was a bug, regardless of DE saying otherwise.

Learn the difference between features and bugs, buddy.

You are actually invulnerable during blind/stagger/stun/stealth finishers.  There are two types of finishers in game, blind/stagger/stealth/stun finishers, and ground finishers, they both use a different damage calculation and scale differently, the blind/stagger/etc finishers don't increase with your melee attack speed or your combo counter, but ignore all enemy damage reduction and do colossal damage. They also have the benefit of rendering the player immune to damage for the entire animation.  Ground finishers on the other hand are mitigated by enemy armor, but increase in speed with melee attack speed, and increase damage with the combo counter.  The player is vulnerable to damage during this animation, however.

Radial Blind+Channeled finishers (you just have to hold the channel button before activating the finisher) are very effective in saving your life as you recover health while being immune to all damage during the animation.

Thanks for explanation far better than just reading wiki from what I already knew. I agree with you but when your solo farming an 40 min+ into a t2 -t3 survival or defense that 1 second in between casts even with lets say natural talent you will get stomped on. Unless you stay invulnerable for a short time period after completing a finisher? 

If DE is trying to force the game to become more of a team effort I'm fine with that I enjoy playing with people far more than solo. So if I had a Trinity or someone else dropping restores problem isn't even there but I like solo for a long duration more of competition with myself. I'm not complaining about the change either just will have to use him with a team not solo farm. 

I dunno why there are so many complaints about lifesteal nerf because... Well, it's always great to have something for free, especially lifesteal and I gotta say even more: I bought life strike to test that combo with EB out and those news about fixing it as a "bug" made me sad and I felt like I made an useless purchase BUT! After making few changes in my Excalibur and meele weapon it turned out that Excalibur is still powerful and fun to play warframe!

Thanks for explanation far better than just reading wiki from what I already knew. I agree with you but when your solo farming an 40 min+ into a t2 -t3 survival or defense that 1 second in between casts even with lets say natural talent you will get stomped on. Unless you stay invulnerable for a short time period after completing a finisher? 

If DE is trying to force the game to become more of a team effort I'm fine with that I enjoy playing with people far more than solo. So if I had a Trinity or someone else dropping restores problem isn't even there but I like solo for a long duration more of competition with myself. I'm not complaining about the change either just will have to use him with a team not solo farm. 

Well, I've been using invulnerability in melee finishers to solo T4 survival on both Valkyr (I don't like hysteria much) and Excalibur with Radiant Finish before this recent update, it always worked well for me.  And more to the point, prior to this change, you were autochanneling (and actually losing energy based on that channeling, which is why the theorycrafters had so much difficulty calculating the energy usage of EB).  So, literally, the only change between yesterday and today (after they fix the no EB stance bug) is that you have to manually hold the channeling button.

Granted, I try not to dip into negative duration with my Radial Blind so when I use one radial blind, I can get about 10 seconds straight of executions uninterrupted.  But it's really often not been a problem, honestly my only issue at high level EB usage is with nullifiers, as the cast time on deactivating EB is somewhat cumbersome, even when the bubble dispels your EB, you go through the slow animation.

Edited by Gelkor

Well, I've been using invulnerability in melee finishers to solo T4 survival on both Valkyr (I don't like hysteria much) and Excalibur with Radiant Finish before this recent update, it always worked well for me.  And more to the point, prior to this change, you were autochanneling (and actually losing energy based on that channeling, which is why the theorycrafters had so much difficulty calculating the energy usage of EB).  So, literally, the only change between yesterday and today (after they fix the no EB stance bug) is that you have to manually hold the channeling button.

Granted, I try not to dip into negative duration with my Radial Blind so when I use one radial blind, I can get about 10 seconds straight of executions uninterrupted.  But it's really often not been a problem, honestly my only issue at high level EB usage is with nullifiers, as the cast time on deactivating EB is somewhat cumbersome, even when the bubble dispels your EB, you go through the slow animation.

Yea sounds like the build will be more duration + range based again instead of the route it was going with r5 Fleeting and dropping streamline. The duration I had was giving me the 5 second stagger and that was all.

Think I was rocking 30% duration. Still makes the ultimate a bit lackluster unless you turn it on just for the finishers and turn off in between RB casts. But using a heavier range build to cc overextended etc your going to lose a lot of the damage. Thanks for heads up personally do not play excal much besides leveling to 30 play a lot of trinity,vauban team play so appreciate knowledge on frame.

Yea sounds like the build will be more duration + range based again instead of the route it was going with r5 Fleeting and dropping streamline. The duration I had was giving me the 5 second stagger and that was all.

Think I was rocking 30% duration. Still makes the ultimate a bit lackluster unless you turn it on just for the finishers and turn off in between RB casts. But using a heavier range build to cc overextended etc your going to lose a lot of the damage. Thanks for heads up personally do not play excal much besides leveling to 30 play a lot of trinity,vauban team play so appreciate knowledge on frame.

I personally went with a fleeting build with continuity and constitution to combat the duration loss (IE 98% duration, 160-175% efficiency, 100-130% strength). I don't actually focus too much on str with the build as the primary damage gain for your exalted blade will come from your melee mods, not from str mods. They help, but honestly its base damage is already twice the damage of the hardest hitting melee weapon in the game, with a faster swing time.  If I was already able to handle melee only with scindo prime + faction specific elemental combos+berserker, then Exalted blade, at twice the base damage of Scindo P+faster attack speed+all those same melee mods, it will do just fine. 

Edited by Gelkor