Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

It's not that we didn't know it was a bug, but it felt pretty balanced so we were all "Shame that it's a bug".

Not everybody's Excal is built for endless energy through Rage, and the players without Lifestrike currently have no way to regain HP when they're locked into melee mode by EB. Channeling mods don't necessarily need to work when not channeling (that would be silly), but EB should at least have 5-10% innate lifesteal or something.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

I want to clarify something.  Exalted Blade shoot out energy waves. Therefore it is a ranged attack.

Folks need to stop referring to it as "locked into melee" as if we have to be in melee range to use it.

Eh, until the devs fix the dismally low damage on the waves, EB will always be "locked into melee" the way I see it. You'll be completely correct once the devs fix this, though. xD

It's not that we didn't know it was a bug, but it felt pretty balanced so we were all "Shame that it's a bug".

Not everybody's Excal is built for endless energy through Rage, and the players without Lifestrike currently have no way to regain HP when they're locked into melee mode by EB. Channeling mods don't necessarily need to work when not channeling (that would be silly), but EB should at least have 5-10% innate lifesteal or something.

This is absolutely misleading and bad call.

They put a bot named [DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks in all channels.

Yes, even in trade channel.

Everyone confirmed this is intended, and buy or farm life strike

And I maxed my life strike which I cannot undo.

WTH FiX Excalibur Bug He Now Use The Stance Of The Weapon U Use On Him Not His Own Stance O.o

And No More Waves Rly That Was Hotbug Not Hotfix XD

Yea kinda surprised this is still persisting and no dev acknowledgement at all. 

Eh, until the devs fix the dismally low damage on the waves, EB will always be "locked into melee" the way I see it. You'll be completely correct once the devs fix this, though. xD

Yeah I hear ya

This is absolutely misleading and bad call.

They put a bot named [DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks in all channels.

Yes, even in trade channel.

Everyone confirmed this is intended, and buy or farm life strike

And I maxed my life strike which I cannot undo.

It is still supposed to work....

you just have to channel to make it work.

DE never said it was going to be given freely.

Edited by Ronyn

That lifestrike was working withoy channeling was indeed a bug and is fixed but the hotfix also broke the skill completely.

Now it no longer shoots out energy waves and it also uses the stance you have equipped for your melee weapon.

I for one will not use excaliburs 4 skill until the energy waves are back and that it once again uses its own stance.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden quote

This fix brought more bugs than fixed.

Excalibur is not excellent now. Exalted blade literally stopped existing, now it's just your equipped melee with a different model.

You say this as if they aren't going to fix the Exalted Blade issue. No, it did not "literally stop existing", it's broken and they're probably trying right this moment to fix it. Developers don't just pull bugfixes out of their arses, they have to work at them.

Lifestrike and Rage work still lifestrike just doesn't work automatically, you have to hold the channeling button just like normally when going melee only. 

There are other things that broke in this update but they will be fixed.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden quote