Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Expecting A Proper Nyx Rework After Frost?

Vasault

1- Mind control doesn't need to be cast for 20+ seconds... this is an opinion.

2- Bolts, yep with the augment their usefull, you can stun a lot of enemies with a low cost.Without it they are useless, there we agree

3- Chaos is a very good skill build correctly

4- Absorb the higher the level your enemies actually the better, because it depends on the damage received...

In my opinion to use nyx in her full capacity you need to use a different build.

More towards efficiency... shorter duration, strenght you dont need it anyways, and there you can make room for the bolts augment.wich make it a usefull ability. especially if you want to solo.. 

And duration again in my opinion isn't the best way to go with her...

Because only mind control takes benefit from that kind a build. But i guess i want to use that appelative augment...

If thats the case you ll have to use her augment for chaos too, or it will backfire on you...

There are frames that need work for real... not the case of Nyx in my opinion...

Your statement is a god send I mean I don't see why anyone thinks Nyx needs a rework or ember for that matter i love them both and have absolutely no issues with either of their play styles. Once you know your mods you can better mod your frame and that i firmly believe. To me it just seems people want utility frames to be one button win frames and that is part of the problem.

Psychic Bolts is the only Ability that is very poor. an Augment cannot fix an Ability that basically doesn't do anything to start with. the Augment is useful... but dedicating a Mod Slot for an Ability that doesn't do anything to start with? right...

Mind Control could use to give your buddy the same AI as Specters or Rescue Targets - then they'd be very competent in Combat.

the rest of the Abilities are incredibly useful. if you can't see use for them, get some more experience.

Edited by taiiat

I thought she was good right after they turned Absorb into a toggle. I have never found Mind Control worth the effort in most cases due to AI. Psychic Bolts are widely acknowledge to be garbage. Chaos seems to barely work half the time, and the fact that it isn't recastable on top of that really hinders it's effectiveness even if it was actually good at making enemies fight each other and not a 2s stun then shooting at you again (not to mention nullifiers on top of that). Absorb used to be amazing, it's current drain/dmg mechanic is tuned so sharply that I don't really even know why they didn't just remove it entirely and just make it knockdown enemies lol

Seriously, 1 clip (or less) from any decently modded gun can drain her energy (with a maxed primed flow) from full to empty. You used to be able to pump enough damage into it for it to effectively kill high level mobs once your guns stopped working, and I at least used her briefly in that capacity prior to it being nerfed into the ground.

Edited by Racter0325

I thought she was good right after they turned Absorb into a toggle. I have never found Mind Control worth the effort in most cases due to AI. Psychic Bolts are widely acknowledge to be garbage. Chaos seems to barely work half the time, and the fact that it isn't recastable on top of that really hinders it's effectiveness even if it was actually good at making enemies fight each other and not a 2s stun then shooting at you again (not to mention nullifiers on top of that). Absorb used to be amazing, it's current drain/dmg mechanic is tuned so sharply that I don't really even know why they didn't just remove it entirely and just make it knockdown enemies lol

Seriously, 1 clip (or less) from any decently modded gun can drain her energy (with a maxed primed flow) from full to empty. You used to be able to pump enough damage into it for it to effectively kill high level mobs once your guns stopped working, and I at least used her briefly in that capacity prior to it being nerfed into the ground.

Wait what? as far as i know Nyx is a utility frame I'm not expecting her to 1 shot kill  with abilities and chaos is a mod build skill you can spec for a lower duration and be able to cast it as needed. as for absorb it does with its supposed to which is create breathing room or protect something/someone the damage it dishes out is irrelevant when you're on a team. This isn't carry frame its Warframe.

Wait what? as far as i know Nyx is a utility frame I'm not expecting her to 1 shot kill  with abilities and chaos is a mod build skill you can spec for a lower duration and be able to cast it as needed. as for absorb it does with its supposed to which is create breathing room or protect something/someone the damage it dishes out is irrelevant when you're on a team. This isn't carry frame its Warframe.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here? Build for less duration to make it recastable more often, obviously. It doesn't make it more reliable or in any way assist her other abilities. I also clearly said I don't really even know why they didn't just remove it entirely and just make it knockdown enemies, as that would be equivalent to what it's useful for now and easier to use.

If you weren't around when Absorb wasn't trash, you could actually tank some damage with it and use it to kill things. So much so, that it seemed to be the intent behind the ability. It took more than 5s for a trolly teammate or even mid level mobs to run through your entire energy pool. She was commonly used to do exactly this.

Edited by Racter0325

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here? Build for less duration to make it recastable more often, obviously. It doesn't make it more reliable or in any way assist her other abilities. I also clearly said I don't really even know why they didn't just remove it entirely and just make it knockdown enemies, as that would be equivalent to what it's useful for now and easier to use.

If you weren't around when Absorb wasn't trash, you could actually tank some damage with it and use it to kill things. So much so, that it seemed to be the intent behind the ability. It took more than 5s for a trolly teammate or even mid level mobs to run through your entire energy pool. She was commonly used to do exactly this.

i was here before they made those changes to her and i still don't find her abilities to be less useful(outside psychic botls). Chaos isn't less reliable that is just your opinion she is a utility frame and she does it quite well. both choas and mind control have long durations even with just continuity(non prime). if you want to cast chaos more often spec slightly less duration as for absorb that has not changed back before the update it only took one clip from a moderately modded shotgun to empty your pool i see no change people try to use absorb as a means of damage but the fact is it is a means of CC its after effect is to deal damage and knock enemies down/ragdoll. At the moment she still benefits from energy orbs(mesa and mag will ruin this) but i personally like where she is at right now and that is just my opinion on the matter.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

+1 for this. i've been there. i liked nyx alot, i still am, but sometimes going for that dps frame may be more satisfying, that does NOT mean nyx should go into that direction just because one can't feel that satisfaction. i started using frames to dps purely for the entertainment, nyx relies on her weapons to kill, not her abilities. absorb could need more scaling for higher levels, something that reduces her energy cost per 1 k damage and #2 is useless except for earth, thats about it. build for max range and low duration, and watch the CC shine.

Edited by SomeCrackHead

i was here before they made those changes to her and i still don't find her abilities to be less useful(outside psychic botls). Chaos isn't less reliable that is just your opinion she is a utility frame and she does it quite well. both choas and mind control have long durations even with just continuity(non prime). if you want to cast chaos more often spec slightly less duration as for absorb that has not changed back before the update it only took one clip from a moderately modded shotgun to empty your pool i see no change people try to use absorb as a means of damage but the fact is it is a means of CC its after effect is to deal damage and knock enemies down/ragdoll. At the moment she still benefits from energy orbs(mesa and mag will ruin this) but i personally like where she is at right now and that is just my opinion on the matter.

I don't disagree with you that she's in a mostly decent place but you are 100% wrong about old absorb my friend. You used to be able to build up well into the hundreds of thousands of absorbed damage with max efficiency and flow back then.

I don't disagree with you that she's in a mostly decent place but you are 100% wrong about old absorb my friend. You used to be able to build up well into the hundreds of thousands of absorbed damage with max efficiency and flow back then.

i remember it more clearly now you are correct it used to absorb a whole lot more and for longer periods of time so much so that that's all Nyx did in Def or any other place where a large amount of enemies gathered so of course they had to do something. The absorb we have now is much better in the way that you don't get to sit in a bubble all day long. She has 4 skills 3 of which are amazing. If you want someone to blame its the community because we are the reason anything comes under review. Using absorb for CC/Protect and not solely to damage is intended.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Anyone who is hating on Nyx's does not play higher level content.

ALL of her abilities scale.

The only thing that I would like to see is recasting her chaos before the duration ends.

Try using her with loki's disarm and nova.

They work great together.

I don't disagree that MC and to an extent Chaos scale, but you nailed most of the problems in one post. Not being able to recast Chaos bites, but the other part of that is Loki's Irradiating Disarm augment is more reliable than Chaos. I can't be the only one that notices this, it's at best 50/50 if the mobs fight each other or immediately resume shooting at me every time I use Chaos. I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but it is way less effective than RD w/ augment for that reason, as not a single time have I used ID and not had the mobs fight each other for several seconds. You can also recast that before the duration ends to extend it, and there is no duration at all on the disarm of course. There is really no reason to use Nyx for Chaos when Loki can do the same thing with an augment, more reliably, and can recast it without you having to track down that shield drone/worm/roller hiding in a closet.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I also want to reiterate that Absorb does not currently scale. Mobs that I don't even consider high level (60-80) will drain your entire 638 energy pool in no time flat even with max efficiency. I understand that us using it to Absorb bomb was probably not intended, but I feel like using the current version after having that even for a little while left a very sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing.

on darco or the one below ,2 vets started shooting my bubble ,i hit 30k dmg ,when to 300 or so energy ,blasted every thing near me away

did that twice,not on max e

also chaos has a range ,i use it on like 44-50 sec build,it will usally hit enemies 30-40 feet away

mind control: its the AI that's the problem mostly but an enemy should get more defence and attack from power strength

physic bolts its just a terrible skill unless the augment is applied but I think its bugged at the moment as it doesn't always work

chaos: make it recast able but only effect the new targets not those currently under chaos

absorb: make it half magnetic and half radiation

stop allied damage from draining energy

make it duration but has an energy cost of 100 but can be uncasted

damage no longer drains energy

mind control: its the AI that's the problem mostly but an enemy should get more defence and attack from power strength

physic bolts its just a terrible skill unless the augment is applied but I think its bugged at the moment as it doesn't always work

chaos: make it recast able but only effect the new targets not those currently under chaos

absorb: make it half magnetic and half radiation

stop allied damage from draining energy

make it duration but has an energy cost of 100 but can be uncasted

damage no longer drains energy

so basicly absorb. from before change with minor tweaks

Nyx is my favorite frame after excalibur(no,i'm not one of those casuals who started using exca after the rework), she's a pretty versatil frame, i end up building her prime version, but after several months of play, i realize how bad is she, mostly because of her abilities, nobody wants her on defense or interception, or even raids, her chaos ability might be a good controlling power, with a great duration, but it seems to fail when you actually see enemies still attack you like nothing happened, or her ability 2, which has to be the most useless ability IN THE GAME after super jump of course, in my daily gameplay, i use to abuse from her mind control ability, which is amazing, except for the ai, that can make it useless sometimes, and lastly the ultimate, a very useful power for defenses, but when it comes to kill high level enemies, is the most useless ultimate ever, the energy drain is so fast that you can barely recast it, so please de, make a proper rework, a rework to make her more useful, like frost is one of the most useful frames in the game, nyx is just.....nyx

Her ability works as is. If the enemy does not visibly detect another enemy in range, the enemy will attack you. What else can it attack if it does not see another enemy? Air? I think nyx is perfect as is. Psychic bolts is the worst though. 

how in the world you manage yo survive a 150lv enemy? nyx is a very cheap frame

Cheap, as in she has incredibly efficient CC that renders many high level enemies confused and knocked down almost permanently? Because that's how I got my Rift Sigil with Nyx. 

Just because you don't know how to play Nyx doesn't mean she's a bad frame or you're a bad player (however, not accepting when others provide better alternatives does). Maybe Nyx simply doesn't fit your playstyle and that's OK, it happens. 

The only thing you got right about Nyx is how worthless Psychic Bolts is. 

At least we all agree on one thing: Psychic Bolts needs to be reworked.

I've heard rumours that AI of mind controlled enemies equals that of an bad joke.

^ This still true?

Because that would make Mind freak less useful if not, useless.

As a Nyx main I really have not encountered the AI issues a lot of people seem to have with Mind Controlled units.