Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur! Bawse! (T4S - 45 Minutes, Update 16.9.3)

CombatPastor

This was so much fun! Before the Excal LoS nerfs and the introduction of Nullifiers and Bombards to the Void, I was able to take Excalibur solo in the void until 60min+. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. I started to struggle with Excalibro - but eventually got him back to a hard-fought 30min run.

Now that the changes have happened, it's time to show what Excal can do!

Well well, that definitely makes me enthusiastic. Time to go level up Excalibur again~

EDIT: Your first death just looks like over-confidence to me; you could have more capably dealt with the Nullifier by switching out of Exalated Blade, backing off, and pegging him from afar but decided "screw it" and went in anyway, something I'm all too familiar with on my own Survival runs with Ash. 

Edited by Acos

10 points for Avatar. I'm pretty happy with Excalibur's rework, slash dash is insanely good for mobility now (I almost expect it to get nerfed it's so good), and being able to cast Radial Blind while moving really helps with survivability. I personally would like to see a few changes to his new Ult regarding waves. Stuff like the different combos giving them variation in their width, distance traveled, damage multipliers, etc. Let the combos affect waves in a cool way, not just buff direct sword strikes!

Yeah. I got a little cocky with the first death. I deal with the Nullifiers either by falling back and taking them down at distance or rushing inside and channeling to get Life Strike and extra damage.

...I forgot to turn on channeling. xD

There's someone who did it post-buff, which feels like a more impressive feat honestly. However, at that time, the healers didnt' give DR, so who knows if that made a significant difference.

IMO, the healers did give a significant difference now. Running void isn't the same as before where you can just rampage through everything. Sometimes those healers are a little bit pesky. Hiding in places you can never expect.

OT : Good job with the run. Are ya going to challenge another factions too?

Yeah. I probably could have gone farther (maybe even to 60?), but I'd dropped 3 times already and felt it was time to let it go. I may try for 60 some time soon.

Definitely headed to Ceres next! I also have plans to try soloing Lephantis with only the Exalted Blade. Should be fun!

Edited by CombatPastor

Not even gonna watch the video if you actually died to a nully with Excalibro.... apparently you haven't discovered blade waves pierce nully bubbles and can kill the nully inside without ever entering.

Gotta l2Excalibro

Tested that. Doesn't work

So much irony

Planning on switching to Guardian and Strike soon. Gotta get the Arcanes first.

Not even gonna watch the video if you actually died to a nully with Excalibro.... apparently you haven't discovered blade waves pierce nully bubbles and can kill the nully inside without ever entering.Gotta l2Excalibro

If you watched the video, you'd see I was dragged into the nully field by a Corrupted Ancient Healer. But thanks. :)

Edited by CombatPastor

Inb4 "press-4-to-win" whining again. xD

Thats not how 'Press-4-to-win' works... 

'Press-4-to-win' means just pressing 4 to obliterate everything in a room with a 4th ability, ex: Miasma.

This is indeed Excal's 4th ability, but it requires the player to strategically kill enemies and players with the Exalted Blade can only kill the enemies the that they are attacking currently rather than enemies that are in the player's radius. 

Yes it does. I've done it numerous times myself.

I've attempted to do this myself and the blade wave has always stopped on contact with the bubble. I think it's safe to say that Exalted Blade is still thoroughly bugged.

PS. I'm not saying which way it's intended to work just stating that my experience with how Exalted Blade interracts with the nullifiers differs from your own.

the Exalted Blade ranged projectiles can hit Nullifiers from the outside! it's awesome XD ... especially since trying to run inside a bubble or accidentally ending up in one while having the Blade out results in that annoying put-Exalted-Blade-away animation that's very time consuming when you're in a risky situation like inside a bubble.

I've attempted to do this myself and the blade wave has always stopped on contact with the bubble. I think it's safe to say that Exalted Blade is still thoroughly bugged.

PS. I'm not saying which way it's intended to work just stating that my experience with how Exalted Blade interracts with the nullifiers differs from your own.

I believe DE might be working on the waves hitting the bubble and shrinking it, but the coding and/or programming got botched up and is ignoring it completely.

Spamming Energy Waves is a noob tactic add in 80% energy reduction cost and use 4th as needed !

Using Exalted Blade carelessly results in death anyway if your not being cautious about how much energy you use while in that state and how you hit your enemies.

Edited by Darkmoone1