Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa - Low Level Vs. Endgame Performance

LightstealKnight

Mesa is OP in low level missions yes.

But don't forget how quickly Mesa's damage drops off. If you want to make it past wave 35 in a T4 Defense, then you probably should not be taking Mesa, but if you want to make it to wave 35 quickly, then Mesa is the way to go. So far, the highest I've made it (After giving up of boredom) is to wave 115 and the team consisted of Vauban, Trinity, Loki and Limbo.

Mesa is honestly quite a weak frame that is able to exploit through low level enemies but is bad in endgame content.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Language

Not only is this metacomplaint, it makes no sense. Don't most people leave at wave 40 anyway? Sitting on the pod with energy restores to 35 is not playing the game. Technically, you only really play the game for 5 waves as you can't do it anymore. Saying it's not OP because it only plays the game for you 90% of the time is just foolish.

Mesa is OP in low level missions yes.

But don't forget how quickly Mesa's damage drops off. If you want to make it past wave 35 in a T4 Defense, then you probably should not be taking Mesa, but if you want to make it to wave 35 quickly, then Mesa is the way to go. So far, the highest I've made it (After giving up of boredom) is to wave 115 and the team consisted of Vauban, Trinity, Loki and Limbo.

Mesa is honestly quite a weak frame that is able to exploit through low level enemies but turns to S*H*I*T in endgame content.

The problem isn't even the damage -- if anything, I think most people would like the damage to be scalable somehow (with weapons or whatever). The problem is that there is not player interaction when using the skill -- and with a GMag, the skill continues several minutes beyond the AFK timer.

It's bad for the game.

3 things u need to do with your mesa:

1) ulty with mirage maxed buff(and 4 corrosive aura+ mag on full power to blow level-scaled shield)

2) go to void t4 solo with duration build

3) peacmeaker on old toaster with 5-15 fps

then you can think about your words again

have good day

Edited by Cibo_00

Despite the meta-complain:

Mesa can be very useful for long endless defense missions, if you use her 4th ability together with other Warframes.

Just saying:

eclipse-mirage, mesa, pull-mag, x* , all with cp-aura. You won't have a problem in Void Defense for a very, very long time.

*(x= any warframe you want. for example: Frost, or Loki)

Furthermore I think that most of the players do not play 1 mission for a very big amount of time (normally a player will probably leave after wave40/ minute 40 in survival, or play some other missions on the star-chart. Not everything is about how long you can survive in an endless mission...)

I think the whole mesa discussion is not directly about her being op in general. It is about her 4th ability. (and a little bit about her 3 sometimes)

And her 4th ability is, in my opinion, just....well.. not really interesting. There are a lot of ideas in the forums how her 4th ability could be more special/different (without being less effective)...

sooo yea, I like Mesa.....but the way her 4th ability works right now...let's just say in my opinion it's not that "good" for the game^^

Those "haters" seemed more like people who are concerned with the position mesa is in and the playstyle she promotes

no... thats kinda feels some strange patch - part of gameplay feels broke and *this frame* added to board

rule of "noone undestood what thay want"

Those "haters" area just butt-hurt players who come here to rage out of jealousy because they didn't get to kills in a defense mission.

It's so easy to avoid farms, why complain about them? It's just jealousy. Mesa is far from OP in MOST missions.

Not only is this metacomplaint, it makes no sense. Don't most people leave at wave 40 anyway? Sitting on the pod with energy restores to 35 is not playing the game. Technically, you only really play the game for 5 waves as you can't do it anymore. Saying it's not OP because it only plays the game for you 90% of the time is just foolish.

Did you not go past 40 prior to Mesa existing or are you just wholly unaware that "sitting on the pod with energy restores" was the entire strat from the time globe got nerfed until Mesa came out, then only a slight change when they changed globe HP to stack? There is functionally no difference between Mesa/Gmag/Frost/Mirage and Frost/(Banshee or Vauban)/Loki/(Nova or Mag) other than the newer combo being faster through the lower waves.

Not only is this blatant whining, it makes no sense.

A frame that kicks off other frames on runs,

so tech a bad frame for the game.

Which, again, is no different than before. People act like if Mesa is gone people will start bringing other frames and not immediately go back to the old setup. Mesa or no Mesa, your pet frame is still not coming bro

Edited by Racter0325

Did you not go past 40 prior to Mesa existing or are you just wholly unaware that "sitting on the pod with energy restores" was the entire strat from the time globe got nerfed until Mesa came out, then only a slight change when they changed globe HP to stack? There is functionally no difference between Mesa/Gmag/Frost/Mirage and Frost/(Banshee or Vauban)/Loki/(Nova or Mag) other than the newer combo being faster through the lower waves.

Not only is this blatant whining, it makes no sense.

There is a difference, in that I actually have to do something after the ability is cast. None of those abilities play the game for you like Mesa does. With the other tram you at least get to use your gun, and at least your teammates get to see the enemies. Peacemaker plays the entire round for the entire team, meaning you get rewards for leaning a book against mouse 1. Because of abilities like these we get a stupid AFK timer, Manics, Nullifiers and soon to be diminishing returns on enemies. Also, you're talking about past 40, when you just got 8 rewards for doing nothing. Who's not making sense here?

It's hard locked to 96% max...

• Armor Reduction is capped at 100%. See the Trivia section for more details.
  • This can be stacked with other teammates to increase armor reduction by 100%.
    • When stacked to 100%, the yellow hit point bars for armored enemies will turn red, showing they have no armor left, similar to what might happen after multiple Corrosive procs.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive_Projection

There is a difference, in that I actually have to do something after the ability is cast. None of those abilities play the game for you like Mesa does. With the other tram you at least get to use your gun, and at least your teammates get to see the enemies. Peacemaker plays the entire round for the entire team, meaning you get rewards for leaning a book against mouse 1. Because of abilities like these we get a stupid AFK timer, Manics, Nullifiers and soon to be diminishing returns on enemies. Also, you're talking about past 40, when you just got 8 rewards for doing nothing. Who's not making sense here?

Lol no. Banshee could literally afk with no player input required at all; if using Vauban instead of Banshee, Vauban pressed 3 every 35-40s. Frost pressed 3 every 3s and Loki pressed 4 about every 5. Mag or Nova pressed 2 when enemies piled up on the edge of Sound Quake, Nova had to shoot the AMD once to charge it. Everyone sat there looking at the pod except Nova, everything died. Sound familiar? Almost exactly the same thing as Mesa/Gmag/Frost/Mirage, just a bit slower. People act like this is a new thing.

• Armor Reduction is capped at 100%. See the Trivia section for more details.
  • This can be stacked with other teammates to increase armor reduction by 100%.
    • When stacked to 100%, the yellow hit point bars for armored enemies will turn red, showing they have no armor left, similar to what might happen after multiple Corrosive procs.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive_Projection

That's new.

• 3 weeks later...

Any ability that performs a numerical value (by definition) does not scale.

Abilities that do scale are hard CC abilities like: Vauban, Loki disarm, Nyx chaos, slow Nova, Nekros terror, excal blind, mirage blind.. etc.

Abilities that scale with increasing enemy stats like: Nyx, Trinity EV, Nekros spawns.. etc.
Abilities that are absolute such as:  Limbo, Valkyr invincibility ... etc.

Many of the replies are correct that nobody needs to go past wave 40, however, about 4 devstreams ago, Scott said that rewards would progressively give better drop chances at higher waves.  This has not yet been implemented, and he may have forgotten about this, but I would never bring a Mesa past wave 40.

My best defense group has always been, frost (casting every 6 seconds globe), loki disarm, vauban hard CC, trinity for energy and to kill ammo soaking targets with her 1, 2 combo.  This team comp is like an energizer battery slogan.

Mesa is a decent frame who's boring ultimate promotes passivity.

The problem isn't even the damage -- if anything, I think most people would like the damage to be scalable somehow (with weapons or whatever). The problem is that there is not player interaction when using the skill -- and with a GMag, the skill continues several minutes beyond the AFK timer.

It's bad for the game.

Oh geez, I already posted on this thread? I don't even remember that.

Mesa is OP in low level missions yes. But don't forget how quickly Mesa's damage drops off. If you want to make it past wave 35 in a T4 Defense, then you probably should not be taking Mesa, but if you want to make it to wave 35 quickly, then Mesa is the way to go. So far, the highest I've made it (After giving up of boredom) is to wave 115 and the team consisted of Vauban, Trinity, Loki and Limbo. Mesa is honestly quite a weak frame that is able to exploit through low level enemies but is bad in endgame content.

But also, a skill that can let you sit still and not worry about your health for 35 rounds in a TEE FOUR DEFENSE is kind of stupid.