Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

1,525 answers to this question

In terms of being eligible, are youtubers available for selection for this at all or is it mostly based on forum activity? I might not be insanely active on the forums, but I'd be more than willing to spend time on relays helping people. I spend a lot of time ingame answering questions already =)

I spend 90% of my time in-game as well so its just a matter of time.  I figure your reputation will speak for itself.  Since this is an ongoing process, its best to keep doing what you've been doing and if you're invited to be an official guide that's icing on the cake.

Basically, be your usual helpful self, dedicate time to help others and don't worry about recognition if that's not why you're doing it.

RNG be with you...

So, question:

For a bilingual Guide, or any for this matter, is there any sort of test (besides the prerequisites)?

Also, how fluent must you be to become a guide for other languages? For example, I am mostly fluent in two languages, though not completely fluent in my second. I am able to hold a standard conversation easily, though I sometimes get tripped up; however, that is only while in person.

Either way, I'm glad to finally see a P2P system to guide around the newbies :)

Cheers!

--

~Saboothe

Edited by saboothe321

Sadly im not active enough in the forums but the love i have for this game is immence. Maby i should become more active in the forums so i have a chance to be added into the pool of potencial canidates. i do have 1141 hours into this game also so much money, though i would gladly give more to DE for this masterpiece. i think of it as my way of supporting everything due to the fact im not as suportive as i could be   

TL:DR:  just wanted to say something and get this off my chest love you guys at DE keep the good work up.

Initially, I don't expect them to be at all. 

Perhaps, for the future, an in-game note of some sort will help identify these sort of things.

Perhaps a mail from the Lotus that as soon as you complete the tutorial it introduces you to the guides and what to do now the tutorial is complete. Its always kind of just left people hanging. You complete the tutorial and then it just stops telling you anything at all about what to do next lol.

Ya, I agree 200 hours. That's nothing >_>

It's an arbitrary number, for sure. None of the current guides are close to the 200h mark. I probably have a playtime on the lower end of things, but I'm hitting into the high 800s, soon to be 900s.

What it does do, however, is provide a starting point of learned and not learned. At the very least, it is a far better measurement tool than Mastery Rank. 

These requirements are likely subject to change, if the need arises.

Perhaps a mail from the Lotus that as soon as you complete the tutorial it introduces you to the guides and what to do now the tutorial is complete. Its always kind of just left people hanging. You complete the tutorial and then it just stops telling you anything at all about what to do next lol.

I was hoping a note could be added to Lotus's throne room when it was first revealed, but it looks to not be in the Relays. Oh well.

The Codex could be another location. A more permanent home.

I was hoping a note could be added to Lotus's throne room when it was first revealed, but it looks to not be in the Relays. Oh well.

That's definitely one option, but again you have the same problem, will a new player initially look in or at the codex, because they don't really have a need to, especially not to find info on what to do next. I've had to help people that couldn't find quests even though they are clearly marked in the codex. Personally I think the inbox mail straight to the player, especially since it makes you open it would be the best plan. Or even better, both ideas rolled into one lol

It's an arbitrary number, for sure. None of the current guides are close to the 200h mark. I probably have a playtime on the lower end of things, but I'm hitting into the high 800s, soon to be 900s.

What it does do, however, is provide a starting point of learned and not learned. At the very least, it is a far better measurement tool than Mastery Rank. 

These requirements are likely subject to change, if the need arises.

Hmm, Ok I see. I have 1200 hrs+ logged, but I would have thought they would have had a starting cap at around 500. Mastery should never be used to gauged a players experience. It just seems like at around 200hrs the player is seeing everything or using his newly forma weapons. I guess that's just me lol :p 

Perhaps I might have missed something, but how would a new, MR0 player, be aware of this program?

i would assume that the purple text is a giveaway to something. they see purple text and start wondering, hmm why can't i type in a different color then ask said person "hey why do you type in purple" to which the guide then explains what they are doing and how they can help this new person out

maybe there could be a "tip" in the loading screen that says something along the lines of "need help, go to a nearby relay and find a GoTL to get your questions answered" simple and in plain sight since all new players will be seeing plenty of loading screens in their time

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Hehe.. 200 hours... If only DE realize how much time we actually spend playing... 1000+ hr here :3

However, I would like to say that even 1000+ hour does not even start to dive into Warframe. 

Shouldn't the cap be around 500?

Edited by DeadD59

200 hours? Hm... maybe I deserve becoming a guide because I have played game for... 10 times more than 200 hours? yup, you got that right. I'm almost 2000 hours ingame

EDIT: just checked. It's 1941 hours now

Edited by MG_Vex

while this is nice to have, and will help some Players, duly note this does not and can not replace a complete Tutorial that actually explains the basics of the game.

ergo why i was not highly enthusiastic about this program when it was first mentioned.

like Police forces, a few to save the many has very limited effectiveness.

Edit:

in regards to talk about that Sigil - i would probably agree that a tag on their name would probably be preferable in all possible ways. impossible for them to forget to Equip a Sigil, doesn't interfere with their Cosmetics, and is simultaneously more visible to Players at all times.

would be awesome if the tag was [*Insert Lotus Symbol here*]. very simple, yet obvious at the same time.

Edited by taiiat