Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Late entry (srry about that)

I am a player who has been in this game for a year now 

MR 20 & Clan Leader

I speak English and Spanish fluently (well in this case is type in either language)

I would be very happy to help out new players in the game in spanish or english

MR 20 & Clan Leader

I speak English and Spanish fluently (well in this case is type in either language)

Did you fill out the application?

MR 20 & Clan Leader

you have to fill out the application. Posting here does not count. The link is on the first page of the thread. Edited by Ronon.Dex

Hey guys! Just a reminder that this is the last day to apply to join our growing team. Applications will no longer be taken today after 11:59 PM EDT. We will be reviewing applicants throughout the week and will be contacting the new recruits Monday October 26th. 

Please note that only those that have been accepted into the program will be contacted. For those who do not receive an invitation we will be keeping your applications. When recruitment opens up again, you are all welcome to apply with updated information. 

I want to say thank you for showing so much interest in the program. It's awesome Tenno like you that'll help make Warframe an even better and bigger experience for all players <3 

So do you kinda just keep applications to review the next time? Neat.

Hey guys! Just a reminder that this is the last day to apply to join our growing team. Applications will no longer be taken today after 11:59 PM EDT. We will be reviewing applicants throughout the week and will be contacting the new recruits Monday October 26th. 

Please note that only those that have been accepted into the program will be contacted. For those who do not receive an invitation we will be keeping your applications. When recruitment opens up again, you are all welcome to apply with updated information. 

I want to say thank you for showing so much interest in the program. It's awesome Tenno like you that'll help make Warframe an even better and bigger experience for all players <3 

giphy.gif

First off I hope a good lucky to whom ever is accepted. and I Hope the best for everyone- including the DEV's

Heyo,

I had a quick little thing to bring up. I just wrote out an application, all the while hesitant to submit it. I decided not to, because while I do want to participate, build the community, help out new players of course, and generally contribute to a better community atmosphere in Warframe, I don't actually know what I'm applying for. I read the entire Q&A, twice, and there is a lot of information there, but very little as to the specifics of what is expected of me. Most of the information is regarding the general principles of the program, which is great, but doesn't really give enough information to decide if applying and eventually joining the program would be conducive to my idea of helping new players, building the community etc. Of course, I could have just applied and hoped for the best, but then if I later discover that this wasn't quite what I was expecting, then it'll cause trouble for the management of the team if I up and quite, not to mention that it will be one more application to read through regardless of weather I get accepted or not. Where as if I know exactly what to expect, I wont make a wasteful application (which is why I didn't apply). I think it would be very beneficial to prospective applicants to publish a generalized "All you need to know" so that all players interested are well aware of what's expected of them and can make an informed decision, knowing weather or not those duties fall in line with there own personal priorities.

I just thought I'd bring it up, I'm sure the people most enthusiastic about helping new players aren't concerned about the specifics and just want to get in there and help, which is a great attitude for a guide mind you, personally though, I'd like to be a bit more prepared, get my facts straight and not waist anyone's time if I feel I wouldn't do really really well in the position.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome work on the GotL program and good luck to all the new guides!

Edited by ra9una

Heyo,

I had a quick little thing to bring up. I just wrote out an application, all the while hesitant to submit it. I decided not to, because while I do want to participate, build the community, help out new players of course, and generally contribute to a better community atmosphere in Warframe, I don't actually know what I'm applying for. I read the entire Q&A, twice, and there is a lot of information there, but very little as to the specifics of what is expected of me. Most of the information is regarding the general principles of the program, which is great, but doesn't really give enough information to decide if applying and eventually joining the program would be conducive to my idea of helping new players, building the community etc. Of course, I could have just applied and hoped for the best, but then if I later discover that this wasn't quite what I was expecting, then it'll cause trouble for the management of the team if I up and quite, not to mention that it will be one more application to read through regardless of weather I get accepted or not. Where as if I know exactly what to expect, I wont make a wasteful application (which is why I didn't apply). I think it would be very beneficial to prospective applicants to publish a generalized "All you need to know" so that all players interested are well aware of what's expected of them and can make an informed decision, knowing weather or not those duties fall in line with there own personal priorities.

I just thought I'd bring it up, I'm sure the people most enthusiastic about helping new players aren't concerned about the specifics and just want to get in there and help, which is a great attitude for a guide mind you, personally though, I'd like to be a bit more prepared, get my facts straight and not waist anyone's time if I feel I wouldn't do really really well in the position.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome work on the GotL program and good luck to all the new guides!

I'm sure others who applied would agree with me when I say when you love the game you can deal with the responsibility of being a guide, and I respect you for saying you didn't want to do it and didn't apply

Heyo,

The specifics are, mainly, that there aren't many specifics. You'll be expected to maintain the EULA, CoC, and be a good representative figure for DE welcoming their new player base.

You'll be stationed in a Relay, and have no specific schedule, just as much as you can accomolish. You do not even need to stay within that Relay. You can go out and assist players in anyway you deem necessary.

Mostly, you'll be watching the chats and helping players, while also communicating with the other Guides and the Community Team.

Is there's specifics you're looking for an answer toward, don't hesitate to ask.

There's still time to submit, about an hour and a half left. Even if you don't submit it now, there's always next time.

When sending in our application did we have to be specific about hours played per week? I just noted how many hours I spend in warframe per week but I didnt mention what hours over each day I am online. I'm not sure if this was enough info, especially since, from what I understand, we need to be online waiting for a game invite?

When sending in our application did we have to be specific about hours played per week? I just noted how many hours I spend in warframe per week but I didnt mention what hours over each day I am online. I'm not sure if this was enough info, especially since, from what I understand, we need to be online waiting for a game invite?

A general idea of your activity is fine. There is nothing about Guides that relies on strict scheduling.

A game invite? A message will be sent to your in-game inbox and forum inbox, should you be selected.

A general idea of your activity is fine. There is nothing about Guides that relies on strict scheduling.

A game invite? A message will be sent to your in-game inbox and forum inbox, should you be selected.

Oh awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, that has set my mind at ease :)

giphy.gif

Hello, I'm MR16 and have been playing the game for quite some time now.

I'm fluent in English and Arabic. I am active most of the time.