Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

1,525 answers to this question

Don't take this the wrong way but, doesn't having all GotL in one region defeat their purpose a bit?

This - I thought the point was to have Guides from every timezone and region as much as possible, to help new players wherever they might be. At least, that's been the approach to most such programs I've seen.

I want to be a GotG, though. Guardian of the Galaxy. Too bad I can't dance.

Don't take this the wrong way but, doesn't having all GotL in one region defeat their purpose a bit?

We aren't all in the same region, I'm active in Europe region for example.

Also as more guides are recruited, it will become a more even spread across the different regions.

A good portion of the GotL live on the east coast of the US, but definitely not all of them. We have a number of Guides who are around throughout varying times of the day, meaning that it's not uncommon to have at least a Guide online 24/7.

So to comprehensively pool everyone's issues together players want to know;

- How are DE going to manage "Completionist Guides" (People who just want the sigil because it is an item to get)

Nothing will be done because nothing needs to be done. The sigil is not a reward, it's an identifier to help Guides stand out whilst in relays. People attempting to become Guides solely for the sigil will never become one.

- How do new players easily identify the GOTL (It's not unlikely that any new players have never even heard of them upon first entering Warframe and while the sigils are a nice idea... new players still may not understand what it means. A way that may help with this is to use the loading screen hints or a relay based quest as Saske92 and H3dsh0t pointed out is a nice idea as well)

The purple text in global chat channels greatly helps (for senior Guides, at least). Many Guides will often self-identify and let players know who they are in chat channels. A relay quest would help, but it's very common for Guides to simply explain who they are and what their role is to newer players.

-What about people who are highly active in game and in chat but are not active in the forum (As asked by Jiloso and i quote "I'm asking because I tend to not be terribly active in the forum (partly because most questions get answered rather quickly and i don't see the point in saying the same thing again) but I like to help new players.")

As stipulated by the FAQ, prospective Guides must also be relatively active on the forums as well. It shows that the person in question is willing to invest time and effort into the community (by means of visiting and posting on the forums when they have free time to do so).

I've also seen it mentioned in the Chat2.0 topics about adding an "Assisstance" tab to chat. It would be the first tab you see instead of Region. Not sure where this went either :(

I think that would be a great addition. Or instead of Region, there's an "Assistance" tab. Then when they hit MR2 or something, they'll have the regular chat tabs. Edited by (PS4)Viggorrah

Well thanks for all the "good luck" wishes so far <3

The feedback/critic looks really good (a lot of positive things and interesting ideas)

Some of the ideas (like a little "extra-part" after the Vors Prize Quest where new players get information about this program, inbox messages, yadaya) are really interesting..and could help in some way (imo)

But those things take some time.  I am sure the Gotl will be improved more and more over time^^

about the region-thingy:

Not every Guide is in the same region. Take me for example: I am most of the time in the german chat, Europe region^^

about the rest:

Most of the other things got already explained pretty good. (I guess that's gonna happen very often since we all like to explain things ;) )

Some of the current problems (e.g no direct explanation of the gotl-program for "really new" players; yadaya) will hopefully be solved in the future. Some other things (specially the "people who are guides because of a fancy sigil") won't happen...the current guides and Devs will definitely watch out.

I think that's about it for the moment...

I hope everyone will keep a calm mind and help new&old players <3

I am generaly, quiet happy to see this on warframe now, ive been playing since closed beta, and having guides for the new players, might actualy help alot. Ill be honest i want, to sign up. I wouldnt mind giving help back to DE for making my days, feel less boring....... -.- not even kidding....i work  and stuff....but yay video games....

Spent my day in Strata hoping to spot one but to no avail. Region chat was full of people with questions. And to my surprise full of helpfull people too. We pointed them in the right direction, was fun but a tough job explaining some things. Brace yourselves Junior Guides! :P

Spent my day in Strata hoping to spot one but to no avail. Region chat was full of people with questions. And to my surprise full of helpfull people too. We pointed them in the right direction, was fun but a tough job explaining some things. Brace yourselves Junior Guides! :P

Currently only Crackle and Devoid are guides on PS4. However there will be more PS4 guides added as recruitment progresses.

Unfortunately I am unable to be on everyday.

Since Crackle mainly resides in PC these days, I'm mostly left to my own devices. I should get an assistant soon, at least.

Unfortunately I am unable to be on everyday.

Since Crackle mainly resides in PC these days, I'm mostly left to my own devices. I should get an assistant soon, at least.

Hopefully you then won't have to stuggle answering every question on your own, as soon as your text becomes purple, BAM everyone starts flooding you with questions, it will be like Santa Claus reading childrens christmas wish lists, and there are millions of them!

Wish I could become one, but everyone seem to forget me after my every single post

Me too! I feel the same way. I know I definitely feel I have what is needed to be one as the Warframe site is my most visited page! I'll just have to wait and see if I get seen by the Senior Guides... This is a prime example of "Notice me, Senpai!"