Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Definitely is, especially with all of the shenanigans that go on. ;)

And thanks for all you do, Crackle!

You're very welcome!  It's really no problem!! :-)

Really, no thanks is necessary!  I do what I do for because I truly love Warframe & the people that work for DE.  

Thank them!  Not me :-) 

(The comment is appreciated, however!)

Since GotL is closely tied to forum activity, and because it's more than possible for Guides to continue their ongoing assistance on the forums, I think it would be helpful if they were designated appropriately on the forums as well as in-game.

Just as Comm Mods have COMMUNITY MODERATOR below their names, Guides should have GUIDE OF THE LOTUS under theirs to indicate their status. If a player with this title responds to a player's question, it can be taken as a reliable source of information.

What if I use two different accounts for the game and for the forums (by the time I have learned something about the game and wanted to start from the beginning and fix some mistakes made on the first account, I already had around 100 posts, which I didn't want to part with)? The game account has over 1,9k hours and something like 7 forum posts (which I made by mistake), and the forum account is this one, with over 750 posts and 159 hours. How will you know if I'm eligible or not?

(And these hours are only from my own accounts. I also helped my friends on some events, which adds another couple hundred hours. It seems I know prety much about the game).

Edited by Bouldershoulder

No sure if it's smart to keep the numbers of guides that small.

Considering there are 24 time zones, and the guides time might be limited because it's not a paid job (aka they might have jobs/go to school), a bigger number would make more sense.

Plus it would be great to sort them to the top of chat and show them in different color (if this is not implemented yet).

-sniparoonies-

Hey Bouldershoulder! Forum participation is not a mandatory requirement (but definitely something we take note of!) :) We would consider your in-game account in this case. 

-snipadoodles-

We're slowly recruiting for each region. Ideally (in the future) there will be enough Guides for each supported language to actively assist new players around the clock. 

Ah okay, the 2-3 guides per month line in your original post sounded over self restrictive (at least I understood it that way, with an option to go down over time).

Will guides have a feature to turn this status on/off ?

Sometimes you just want to play the game (for example quickly trade in parts in a relay before hopping onto a raid train) and then players could consider it rude, when a guide pops in and out and doesn't "want" to answer questions about all possible nova builds in high detail.

Edited by MaxiTB

Thank you DE and any others who had an influence in me being chosen for this role.

A huge thanks also to this Community, without whom, I may not have stuck around for so long.

You answered questions, when I needed answers.

You showed me the way, when I was misguided.

I found you guys, the Forums, the Wiki. I was lucky, others are not so lucky.

Now it's my turn to give back, not that I haven't always, it's just that now, steps are being taken, people are being put in place, 

to ensure the newer guys don't get left behind.

To ensure all the hard work that goes into the players helping players and other sections, isn't missing it's target audience.

The new guys.

Thanks for reading anyway guys, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

I hope I am worthy enough.

Jay.

I think that this is a good try to fix the problem with the comunity and also with the trade this days the people its becoming too much hater and flamer and all because they start the "develop" the game in ps4 and xbox and the game its becoming more and more famous the principal problem its that people doesnt respect players who are higher mastery than theys or also have more game-hours than they so write in a purple and have a sigil i think isnt a very good way to fix this but its a good try

im always answering people in the trade and trying to help people to make fair trades and also answer questions (that happend when you have everything in the game and dont have to level stuff you guys know that feeling xDDDDDD) but im not very active in the forum because i dont like it at all i prefer to stay in the game and helping inside the region / recuit / trade tab and i usually spend hours doing that and i dont know if the DE will know that anyway its a good try and i want to help also with this if it means that the community will rise again and be again a good comunity without flamers and haters and fair people

Thank you DE and any others who had an influence in me being chosen for this role.

A huge thanks also to this Community, without whom, I may not have stuck around for so long.

You answered questions, when I needed answers.

You showed me the way, when I was misguided.

I found you guys, the Forums, the Wiki. I was lucky, others are not so lucky.

Now it's my turn to give back, not that I haven't always, it's just that now, steps are being taken, people are being put in place, 

to ensure the newer guys don't get left behind.

To ensure all the hard work that goes into the players helping players and other sections, isn't missing it's target audience.

The new guys.

Thanks for reading anyway guys, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

I hope I am worthy enough.

Jay.

Of course you are worthy, you just have to occasionally go to the relays and help people there

I don't know if someone posted this idea yet but Guides should have it written to their names in the relay right between their name and the clan name in purple. Also as someone posted before have all guides be on top of chat list and again having the names in purple.

And maybe adding a chat channel per region so new players could immediately request for help but for this to be working more guides will be required.

I think a help chat acting as information desk is a better way for new player to feel comfortable to ask for help than inside region chat or relay chat, a chat where they won't fear any troller, hater or #$&(% hoping that a kind soul would see their post and help and not getting the mainstream ''google it' or ''go on wiki''.  As a 1000+ hours player I find it really annoying that when ever I try helping someone to get a frame but forgot who drops it because it farmed the said frame 2 years ago I got to deal with all the nagging before getting my info.