Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.10.1

DE_Adam

Patch broke ,a,d they appear correct in key binds , but d , does nothing instead of right, a does nothing instead of left,  tried reputing them a and d still nothing tried arrow still nothing no left or right.  Plus position of tenno a bit hunched.

Unable to play.

Please fix.

Submitted as WAR-496536.

Thank You.

When are you going to make a linux suport for warframe? This would very nice alot of people would love to be able to play on linux. Check out the play warframe on linux forum.

Thank you this is my fav game awesome keep up the good work.

drenamx23

Though I haven't used linux in like a year, if Warframe and like 2 other games I play were available for it, I would be.  Linux has always been superior to Windows in every way, yet I can never really use it because games and Linux don't seem to want to mix.

That said, DirectX is the issue there.  The main one, anyway.  Games that use OpenGL (basically anything built on an IDTech engine) are almost always easy to port to Linux (and Mac).  Anything using DirectX is going to require a MAJOR rewrite, or else, WINE to run on Linux, and I can't blame a dev for not wanting to deal with that headache.  Once a game chooses DirectX it's basically locked out of decent Linux support from that point forward.

That said, since DE is using their own custom engine for this (Evolution) it's not like they're using Unreal or something and couldn't have gone with OpenGL right from the start.  I'm sure they had their reasons for choosing DirectX but I'd just say that if I was making a new game these days, and if I wasn't going to use something like Unreal, but was making my own engine, choosing OpenGL would be a no-brainer just because, even if I only wanted to support Windows at first, it would make porting my game 9,000,000 times easier if I changed my mind down the road, and there's very, very little difference in the raw capabilities of DirectX 11 vs. OpenGL 5.  But that's just me.

In any case, as much as I'd love to see this too, I wouldn't bet a single dime on it ever happening.  The amount of re-coding required for an OpenGL port of the engine alone is just too staggering to ever happen.  Your best bet is to wait until the game becomes more stable/mature and try Wine.

And now as to why I came here to post in the first place: the amazing Paris skin that Darvo mailed everyone?  Yeah that's not equitable on my Paris Prime.  I know it's not actually the same weapon and all that, so it's not a bug, but DE I shouldn't have to use an inferior weapon (the regular Paris) to see this awesome skin.  Please quit making any new skins unequippable on their prime/vandal/wraith/prisma versions, and PLEASE enable them on all the old weapons.  I want a Forest Camo Karak Wraith so bad I can taste it, but I'm not going to ruin my theme on my frame by toting a non-recolorable Karak Wraith around.  That may be silly, but if it is, so is every cosmetic in the game.  And it doesn't even make sense.  In-game, the Karak vs. Karak Wraith is exactly the same gun with a larger magazine and presumably some sort of enhanced internals for the slight damage boost.  That does not explain why it can't equip a skin AT ALL!

Trash%20build.jpg

Please D.E Put this up to 20% the primed pistol gambit.. I mean really why was it increased only to 17% in the beginning anyway? I in no way feel rewarded for putting that much effort in the primed mod.. and I'm heavily disappointed , the margin is barely any different for me than with the regular mod at 44%, and besides for each bullet having a critical chance itself, having technically 90.17% Crit chance is not rewarding for me on some of the pistols that are best used with crit build, like the AKSomati, if you're gonna give us such services to your faithful and loyal players that continue to invest money in this game I highly recommend giving some pistols a huge buff in critical chance at least.. 20-25% base chance is not enough..This is no where near as overpowered as a Tonkor build would be.. come on

Even if I were to technically have over 100% crit chance on the pistols due to multishot and all that , I still wouldn't red crit lol

Edited by mikecliffs

I say the only reason why they avoid doing 100% crits is that pistols already have + 180% multishot = to 80% firing 3 bullets i/o 1(2), which basically doubles/tripples said crit chance making it closer to 100%.

I would not be against red crits on pistols all right. I'm all for it.

-Leenukz-

It's less about DX->OGL transitioning than about the entire platform learning-developing-testing and maintainence cycle. Valve released something that I assume is a extremely valuable tool: a DX9c -> OGL translation layer. I assume this as AAA games like Bioshock Infinite  wreaks of DirectX in the logfiles, despite it running on Linux (I haven't been able to see what games to a DX->OGL translation, as I've been playing many games that have native Linux support in their engine as of late). Moreover PS4 uses OpenGL--I imagine GL transitioning is one of the easier parts.

There is system API and standard conformance. Linux and Mac partially conforms to the POSIX system standard, which implies that if you develop for one, only a few extra steps will mean you've completely developed for the other. However, Microsoft became the rebellious hipster kid and said 'F-you' and did not conform to well-established system and OS practices and standards (let alone they chose fundamentally faulty practices+standards that contributed heavily to security and general support issues), which wold mean core functionality like using threads, networking, file operations and interprocess communication all have to be reimplemented.

Lastly, As of July 1, Linux accounts for 0.88% of all Steam usage, I magine the linux gaming market accounts for 1-2.5%, and 5-10% on the general PC market. But what for Warframe? DE probaly can't imagine any more than 1000 people (<1%) of their playerbase to actually use a linux client if presented the option to do so. Let alone the free-range F2P market type makes things even more difficult to predict. As per always, if the game company thinks there's profit to be made by porting to a platform, then they damn will do so. Depends if they're willing to raise a finger for the extra penny. (which reminds me, games that are platform exclusive, their developers probably recieve large payoffs to not port to other extremely popular platforms; it's in the developer's best interest to port to Playstation AND Xbox so a large check is needed to prevent that)

Anywho, there's an interview of the Codeweavers president on this exact topic, which is a extremely good read for insight on a company's PoV on porting to Linux.

Edited by Frawg