Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning The Braton Vandal

NaniteCircuit

The title says it all. Yesterday, the 25th of June, 2015, was a very sad day. DE, our benevolent overlords, made a horrible mistake, changing the once glorious sound effect of the Braton Vandal to little more than that of a pea shooter. I urge all of you who are effected by this to speak up.

Thank you

Edited by Vattira

The title says it all. Yesterday, the 25th of June, 2015, was a very sad day. DE, our benevolent overlords, made a horrible mistake, changing the once glorious sound effect of the Braton Vandal to little more than that of a pea shooter. I urge all of you who are effected by this to speak up.

Thank you

That original sound was changed a long time ago, the change occuring on 25 June 2015 is a SECOND change.  The first change involved made the Braton Vandal sound like a Braton Standard when firing and was horribly bad.  The change put into place on the 25th of June is a step closer to the correct direction, but still incredibly wrong. 

Restore the original sound and leave Braton V alone afterwards, please.

Edited by Malikon

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all your comments.  It's great to see you are all really passionate about the sound of the Braton Vandal.  Also please know that our aim is to continually improve the game's audio and that every change we make is carefully considered before it is done.  Rest assured that the sound team reads every post in the sound forums.  Here is the reason the sound was changed:

We felt the need to update the sound of the regular Braton to bring it more in-line with current weapon sounds.  So naturally, we updated the Braton Prime and the Vandal variants as well so that they would fit in with the new sound concept.  These changes were made to make these weapons have more clarity when using them during intense firefights and also to improve the overall audio mix of the game.  The changes were also made so that these weapons fit in better with all of the other weapons in game and that if you switched between say, the Lato and the Braton Vandal, that the audio would be balanced between them.

Hope this explanation helps.

DE_George.

New Braton Vandal sound is better than old.  It sounds more similar to the Braton, yes, but it's not the same sound. Meaty, smooth, and intense are words that apply. Whereas the old Braton Vandal sound I would describe as cheap and 80's.

I'm fine with this since Braton Vandal doesn't REALLY exist

It does. Maybe not for you though. Still, old sound was better than the new one.

New Braton Vandal sound is better than old.  It sounds more similar to the Braton, yes, but it's not the same sound. Meaty, smooth, and intense are words that apply. Whereas the old Braton Vandal sound I would describe as cheap and 80's.

The old sound gave the weapon a more, "Veteran"-ish feeling to players who own it. Think of it this way - now, when someone uses a Braton, and a guy next to him uses a Braton Vandal, you can't tell much of the difference. The weapon should've retained it's old sound, regardless of the change that DE_George mentioned. Let people keep their memento of being in CBT, instead of lining them with everyone else. The weapon is so similar in damage to the normal Braton and the Braton Prime, that now, people who have it, after the change to it's sound, don't even have a point in using it anymore.

Edited by injustible

Here are my two quotes from the other thread. Why do we need two threads concerning the same issue anyway?

I heard that DE changed my Braton Vandal's sound so I went to check on it after having been inactive for a long time. I see they ended up ruining my all time favourite weapon. The firing sound was possibly the main reason why I kept using the weapon even though it was obsolete. Now it sounds really "Warframe generic" and boring.

Please DE, I beg you to reconsider this change.

The original sound it had:

In all honesty, the Braton Vandal was the only weapon that kept bringing me back to this game from being inactive. Mainly 'cuz I found the gun sound it had.. err.. orgasmic.. Every now and then I came back to this game to do a few runs just to hear the weapon in practice. Now with that gone, I literally have no personal reason left to come back to this game.

I really didn't care jack sh*t about the obsolete stats the gun had. I just loved the sound it made.

In my opinion, bringing it in line with other weapons is a stupid reason, no offense. Could as well make all Warframes near identical 'cuz they are all Warframes.

This game also was meant to be "unique" from other games. Not a near identical copy of another game.

I loved my Braton Vandal being unique. Even if it was obsolete, it had the most awesome gun sound in the game, in my opinion. You guys could have retained the same "feel" of the sound but update it with the additional effects like the ricochet, distance, clarity etc.

Ah, as a side note, I also disliked the change to Lato Vandal back in the day but didn't bother too much with it 'cuz I at least still had my Braton Vandal.

Edited by R3leaZ

Here are my two quotes from the other thread. Why do we need two threads concerning the same issue anyway?

In my opinion, bringing it in line with other weapons is a stupid reason, no offense. Could as well make all Warframes near identical 'cuz they are all Warframes.

This game also was meant to be "unique" from other games. Not a near identical copy of another game.

I loved my Braton Vandal being unique. Even if it was obsolete, it had the most awesome gun sound in the game, in my opinion. You guys could have retained the same "feel" of the sound but update it with the additional effects like the ricochet, distance, clarity etc.

Ah, as a side note, I also disliked the change to Lato Vandal back in the day but didn't bother too much with it 'cuz I at least still had my Braton Vandal.

^This.

Its my favorite weapon, it destroys everything, it is a beautiful weapon and its a Braton Vandal!

Honestly I didn't notice a great change on the sound with the last update, but I still prefer the original sound.

I remember when Stalker had a Cronus and a Braton Vandal. Jesus, that sound was terrifying!!! And its always good to terrify your enemies! ;)

Edited by Zendd

I can't really say anything about this, other than in my 2 years+ of playing I've seen the Braton Vandal used 3 times. I just wishI knew it was a limited weapon back when it was available :\

Edited by Czin

People's posts in this thread are a summary of everything wrong in these forums.

So much entitlement.

"Now all bratons sound equal" - Guess what, they are bratons.

"Might as well make every warframe the same" - WOW, just WOW, overreaction much?

"I came back to warframe only to hear ir, now I have no real reason to come back" - Welp, sounds like DE did you, us and themselves a favor, see ya!

Jeez, I swear to god it gets harder and harder to avoid warnings these days.

People's posts in this thread are a summary of everything wrong in these forums.

So much entitlement.

"Now all bratons sound equal" - Guess what, they are bratons.

"Might as well make every warframe the same" - WOW, just WOW, overreaction much?

"I came back to warframe only to hear ir, now I have no real reason to come back" - Welp, sounds like DE did you, us and themselves a favor, see ya!

Jeez, I swear to god it gets harder and harder to avoid warnings these days.

You left out your own post in the summary of everything wrong with these forums. 

"Stuff changes, get over it" - Person who otherwise has 0 involvement in the issue at hand but wants to sound superior without providing legitimate feedback

And yes, the old Braton Vandal sound was amazing.  The second version of the sound was absolutely, horrifyingly bad.  The third one is ok, but not as awesome as the old one.  Please bring back the original sound and use the time and effort on sound redesign on another weapon that actually needs it.  Thank you.

Edited by Malikon

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/478700-braton-vandal-original-sound-removed/

I understand the change, but I still prefer the previous sound.

why did they change it from this? omg this one sounds so nice! please DE! i can understand change to make it more clear and such but this old sound was so much nicer! you could make the old sound here be it's current one just a bit more beefy and clearer

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all your comments.  It's great to see you are all really passionate about the sound of the Braton Vandal.  Also please know that our aim is to continually improve the game's audio and that every change we make is carefully considered before it is done.  Rest assured that the sound team reads every post in the sound forums.  Here is the reason the sound was changed:

We felt the need to update the sound of the regular Braton to bring it more in-line with current weapon sounds.  So naturally, we updated the Braton Prime and the Vandal variants as well so that they would fit in with the new sound concept.  These changes were made to make these weapons have more clarity when using them during intense firefights and also to improve the overall audio mix of the game.  The changes were also made so that these weapons fit in better with all of the other weapons in game and that if you switched between say, the Lato and the Braton Vandal, that the audio would be balanced between them.

Hope this explanation helps.

DE_George.

I'm glad there was an explanation but I still very much dislike the braton vandal sound and so does pretty much the entire community that has one. It doesn't sound as great as it did before, even with a intense fire fight to me the old sound did it much better and and a more enjoyable feeling when shooting it. :c