Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Would You Be Without The Warframe Youtubers?

blazekan5

Youtubers. Like h3sh0t, shy, AGGPs,Mogamu, MGLblaze and original wicked fun.

I know I would still be wondering what "power" is and how to upgrade mods and what warframes and wepons do.

What would you not know? Sorry for the cliff hanger in the title.

Edited by blazekan5

In the same place as im now. Ive started to watch mogamu only year after i started to play warframe. Only reason why i watch mogamu is for his opinions for weapons and frames. None of my builds are same as he has, in fact i still use corrosive against grineer over radiation as corrosive proc is more useful to me than radiation dmg buff against heavies, elites and eviscators.

exactly where i am now....maybe a bit sooner though. ive only just heard of the ones you listed except mogamu and shy....and even those ive only learned about in the last month or so (been around since update 8)....everything i know i learned on my own with the help of the wiki

Edited by Caobie

In the same place as im now. Ive started to watch mogamu only year after i started to play warframe. Only reason why i watch mogamu is for his opinions for weapons and frames. None of my builds are same as he has, in fact i still use corrosive against grineer over radiation as corrosive proc is more useful to me than radiation dmg buff against heavies, elites and eviscators.

i'm almost exactly the same on this

Edited by funtimehippie

It's pretty easy to create weapon / frame builds.

Weapons for example, look at the base stats and mod appropriately.
Play around in Simulacrum to test builds against certain factions / level tiers etc.

It really isn't that hard, I also believe just copying builds straight off youtube kind of takes away from the game in terms of trying things out and creating a build all by yourself.

Not that there isnt a place for youtube build videos, some people really enjoy watching them and get some good tips etc.

The premise of your question alludes to us all being absolute idiots without youtube videos to guide us though, and that's just plain wrong.

Edited by Kamachi

Who?

I learned everything I know on my own..

same ^

I only know mogamu as i may have visited him on some rare occasions when i was bored or something other than that no, everything i know now was what i discovered on my own.For u to have struggled without them...then idk about other games u playing...

i watch mogamu sometimes its intresting to have another persons opinion about weapons.

but all my builds are my own its not so hard crit on crit weapon status on stat weapon (full auto stats weapons i smtms just go for 50% stat chances depends really.) but u have to feel try it yourself.also i have piercing on almost all my weapons.

Frames i just build around my faw abilities like say my excal is purely CC build because its my preference etc.

Being honest? When I just started playing I used to watch the youtuber called "Peopleschoicegaming"  then he stopped doing youtube videos.  Though, I had already went my own way with modding.  I used him for quick and easy knowledge and then went to Mogamu and now I pretty-much know how I want to mod my own weapons for myself [Min/Max, I love min/maxing]

They didn't make an impact at all. I played Warframe from so long ago and I recommend that you don't watch them for builds. We've forged the wiki and reforged it so many times to hold everything you need. The community is held up by the community and not some Youtube channels.

Learned everything by myself. Its not that hard if just given time. Only Warframe youtubers i know of is Mogamu and Quiette Shy. I only know Mogamu because i heard people talking about him and i only discovered Quiette Shys wonderful videos recently.

Edited by Ory_Hara

I learned a lot from reading the wiki and from in-game experimentation. I didn't know about Youtube players until I met Calypso in-game by chance and saw his videos. I'll say that he's far more knowledgeable than Mogamu, he just doesn't present his best knowledge and best secrets on Youtube. Like a lot of his Youtube videos presents stuff that is only good for beginners. Then I read the forums and people saying Mogamu deserves credit and blah blah, so I found out about him, let's just say I don't like any of his builds at all and wouldn't use them.

Also, no mention of Tenn Os? Those are the people to pay attention to and also their advice. I wanted to break T3 S times and go at least many hours in, then T4 S when it got introduced. Tenn Os was something that ALL the good players looked up to. Like their advice on using the Dread bow is something that players take seriously even today.