Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow/speed Nova

juragubr

Question

21 answers to this question

For Speed Nova you need negative strength, which requires the corrupted mod Overextended.

Slow Nova is opposite, with as much strength as you can fit on.

Both names refer to Nova's ultimate, Molecular Prime.

Speed Nova makes enemies run a lot faster, while Slow Nova slows them down almost to freezing point.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

as more power strength you got as slower the enemies and higher the explo dmg

cap for slow is 75% that you reach with 35~46% power strength means a lv4 blind rage for example but the explo dmg has no hard cap to say

speed nova mean speed up enemies that at the moment capped at 30% faster movements and attacks and lower explo dmg

With 70% strength enemies will not have their speed reduced, or accelerated. That would make you a 'Neutral Nova', lol.

They'd still speed up with the -30% just not as much as a -60%, if that's 70% total. And if it's 170% then they'll be standing still ^.- ether way no where near the 100% which would be neutral. - Subjectively

Objectively \/ 

Edited by SmashingGudTime

They'd still speed up with the -30% just not as much as a -60%, if that's 70% total. And if it's 170% then they'll be standing still ^.- ether way no where near the 100% which would be neutral. 

100% (no str mods at all) still slows the enemies by 30%. -30% str makes it 0% slow.

Slow Nova is for general purposes, she has amazing CC. Speed Nova is almost exclusively for farming infested defense missions, where you need the mobs to spawn as much as possible. 

Molecular Prime's base slow is 30%, it has a cap of 75% and Power Strength mods add their bonuses directly to the 30% base, so you need 45% more to reach the 75% cap if you're building for Slow. This is achieved by adding a rank 4 Blind Rage or a rank 8 Transient Fortitude (the former is better, because you don't lose duration). 

Currently, the only way to achieve negative strength is with Overextended. Remember to take off every Power Strength mod if you're running Speed Nova.

For both builds you need as much duration as you can get, because the expansion of the wave depends on duration rather than range.

These are the builds I use for Nova (all mods are maxed unless stated otherwise):

Slow: Primed Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Redirection, Stretch (for the worm hole), Fleeting Expertise rank 4 (you can use a maxed Streamline if you like), Blind Rage rank 4 and Antimatter Absorb (this one is just for fun, come to think of it you could use Primed Flow and a maxed Streamline for more duration and good efficiency).

Speed: Stretch, Overextended, Fleeting Expertise rank 4, Streamline rank 4, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Redirection.

You can play around with efficiency mods to see what suits you best, but as you can see the difference between Speed and Slow Nova is whether she has positive or negative strength.

Nova is next in my sights, so while the topic is up, I'd like to check this from a theorycrafting p.o.v. - normally if you want max room coverage with something like say Nyx or Banshee, you need the 235% range from Overextended plus Stretch, but I gather with Nova it's the Duration mod that makes the "dome" of the power extend far (i.e. it keeps extending for as long as there's duration).  Is that correct?  So, IOW, if I want maximum room coverage with Nova, I want Narrow Minded?

Nova is next in my sights, so while the topic is up, I'd like to check this from a theorycrafting p.o.v. - normally if you want max room coverage with something like say Nyx or Banshee, you need the 235% range from Overextended plus Stretch, but I gather with Nova it's the Duration mod that makes the "dome" of the power extend far (i.e. it keeps extending for as long as there's duration).  Is that correct?  So, IOW, if I want maximum room coverage with Nova, I want Narrow Minded?

Yes. However when using a snare build you might not want to snare enemies *too* far away as they will take their sweet time getting to you, so for survivals, for example, you might not want the largest possible area coverage.

Yes. However when using a snare build you might not want to snare enemies *too* far away as they will take their sweet time getting to you, so for survivals, for example, you might not want the largest possible area coverage.

Defense, especially infested defense, is a prime example of this. I meet slow novas with very high duration in these missions very often and they ruin the whole mission like a max range nyx with chaos by making each wave take 2-3x longer.

Speed nova is for fast defense missions and it is acquired by using negative strength meaning that you will need overextended.Slow nova is to slow enemies down,and it is aquired by using additive strength.Usually slow nova or slova as its called is used mostly in high lol defense missions or any other high lol missions like raids.

Here im at home now i will tell you my build and tell me if its good and how to make it better strech max rank rdirection rank 4 stremline max rank flow max rank handspring just because i dont know what to fit in there overextended max constituiton max and continiuty rank 4

Here im at home now i will tell you my build and tell me if its good and how to make it better strech max rank rdirection rank 4 stremline max rank flow max rank handspring just because i dont know what to fit in there overextended max constituiton max and continiuty rank 4

Your build isn't that great, but it depends on what you want to do. Again the molecular prime is based upon duration as everyone has said before. And some people have recommended some builds without having ridiculous mods like Primed Continuity, and Maxed out corrupted mods. I hope this gives you a bit more of an idea of what to build on her for way bored end game.

My Speed Nova Build: 1 Forma dash, 1 Forma D.

http://goo.gl/PLVNQr

My Slow Nova Build

http://goo.gl/oXhx8A

My Nova:

HiKj8we.jpg

Edited by ChloeSakuna