Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here Is What Will Happen Once Coptering Is Removed:

Cerenax

Reaching those vistas in the far far distance that I showed will not be more rewarding because it will be slow.  Zipping across the sky is exhilarating.  Nothing in parkour 2.0 is exhilarating.

Parkour 2.0 is pedestrian.

Yeah, DE needs to rework the maps, #SpaceMoles.

Haven't even tried it and it bores you.

Your opinion of what is coming in the future is noted. Not all share it.

(on a slightly different note)

This thread is quite funny.

Way back when, I saw threads sprout just as quickly that said that Damage 2.0 was going to destroy the game because armor ignoring would go away. The doom threads were as hilarious as these. People reading bits of what DE said and making up all kinds of spurious ideas or opinions before posting them as fact. Obviously the game was utterly destroyed by DE changing things THAT time so it will be THIS time as well. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But by all means, everyone keep ranting. I find the lack of listening and reading comprehension absolutely HILARIOUS. As for the willful misquoting in the name of angst?

Keep it up! I need the laughs.

Edited by Kalenath

It's already been tried.  Anybody who wants to experience Warframe without coptoring can..............choose to not coptor.  Ta da!  Been there done that, it's boring.

BTW, the same people who want coptor gone are often the same people who complain about press to win/no skill, yet coptor takes multiple key presses.  It takes skill to coptor.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.  Nerfs make no sense.

and it takes skill to double jump or press space bar 2x?? this logic  lmao.

@True_Reclaimer same reason as metroid-to add skill/mastery,handle more complex surfaces.Flat walls rare in WF-could smooth all or try this

--------------------------------

So yes, maybe it´s not your opinion but that of the devs at least.

Or you could spend 20 minutes to explore how Parkour 2.0 works and solve all of these problems. Stop being so butthurt because you are leaving your comfort zone. God knows how people could bare not having G Mag in their squad before G Mag was a thing.

344a7f66143012202280153713_700wa_0.gif

I'm more worried about the less-skilled among us not being able to keep up after Parkour 2.0 is released. The vets will find a way to go fast, we always do. But what if the skill ceiling is too high? What if Parkour 2.0 makes it so even more players will be left behind?

I'm more worried about the less-skilled among us not being able to keep up after Parkour 2.0 is released. The vets will find a way to go fast, we always do. But what if the skill ceiling is too high? What if Parkour 2.0 makes it so even more players will be left behind?

Very unlikely imo. You'd only have to use 1 button to my knowledge and the skill comes into play when you learn where and how to jump.

DE cleaned up coptor a month or two ago.  It's not random anymore.

Well, it only takes one more button press after already pressing 9000 other buttons.  It can't be skillful.  But, Metroid is because REASONS.

The fact of the matter is that coptor requires coordinating multiple buttons:  sprint, forward, jump, dash, melee.  If that is not skillful, nothing is.  What key sequence is requires to coptor in Metroid?

People aren't even trying to discuss anything in this thread.  They're just saying anything as long as it's the opposite of what the pro-coptor faction says.

DE cleaned up coptor a month or two ago.  It's not random anymore.

Well, it only takes one more button press after already pressing 9000 other buttons.  It can't be skillful.  But, Metroid is because REASONS.

The fact of the matter is that coptor requires coordinating multiple buttons:  sprint, forward, jump, dash, melee.  If that is not skillful, nothing is.  What key sequence is requires to coptor in Metroid?

People aren't even trying to discuss anything in this thread.  They're just saying anything as long as it's the opposite of what the pro-coptor faction says.

The issue wasn't that it was random. It's because it centralizes fast movement to specific weapons(Tipedo, Dual Zorens, etc) and has ridiculous distances.

I feel bad for who started to play warframe when coptering was already a thing.

If it's gonna be removed we'll play the game same as we did since 2+ years, it's no big deal honestly.

I was forced to learn how to copter with the new conclave 2.0,but I never felt the need.

Seriously, you should just try to learn how to play this game as it was meant to.

Not sure about Metroid, but in Castlevania HD there is a character, who can move very fast in hands of a skilled players. You basically do something like this:

Forward, Backwards, Down, Forward, Ability button, Strike, Backdash, Down (repeat from start)

Now not only you need to get certain timing between some of the actions, but also you need to repeat that like twice per second for it to actually work well. Every sequence moves you only a short distance, so to travel long distances, you have to repeat that like 20-30 times in a row, without messing up.

Basically it looks like this in the end:

But even that I wouldn't actually call skill. It's a LONG and tedious practice. Skill is when you can implement that in actual battles, and be effective.

Skill is a very obscure term, because it's skill only when you kinda improvise with a game, however after doing something 10-20+ times, it's not skill anymore, it's just a muscle memory/certain course of actions you used to doing, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame

last one : Tune down all (most of ) the problems you list as they were also part of the problems, other than just keep them all together because people want to fly through maps.

That means opening the door to the core gameplay system fix, a good thing.

Castlevania doesn't look specatacular at all.  Can't do trick shots for one thing, no shooting on the move (which requires skill btw)..  The distances and speeds are puny.

Wow, Warframe vs. Castlevania.  Castlevaniaframe, that's just sad.

Edited by ThePresident777

So as I was reading The op post ,but I never once saw him write what are the benefits of not being able to copter.

1.patience will be learned

2.stealth will actually be practice since you just won't be able to skip over ur enemies like you used to

3.warframe speed will matter now instead of ur weapon speed

4. Be free to use what ever you want as a weapon since u won't pick a weapon to just try to keep up with rushers.

5.pvp will be more open to parkour instead of copter in around the map

6.the stamina mods that get ignore or mods that don't get put in for that vigor slot will be used(they are getting rid of stamina so I am not sure how they will be updated or toxic chroma ward)

7.we will be open to using our melee skills combo or wall attack to move and travel

8, we will have time to admire the map

9, we can stick like team for once instead of the unspoken race people have every time in a mission,seriously we are leaving the team behind specially ithe guy who cannot copter properly

10.it will filter out of the game players who never think of the vision that DE has of the game,but the vision the falsely created for themselves.

11.we will bond better by the conflict we have present.2 groups those who want copter and those who won't but hey at least u will be socializing.

Edited by Leavith

Castlevania doesn't look specatacular at all.  Can't do trick shots for one thing, no shooting on the move (which requires skill btw)..  The distances and speeds are puny.

Wow, Warframe vs. Castlevania.  Castlevaniaframe, that's just sad.

They are just different type of games, but since you asked about what you need to do in Metroid to move fast, I replied with a game I'm familiar with and that's quite similar to Metroid in a way. And that's like 2x more button presses that you need to repeat twice per second, compared to copter which is press once and fly miles.

And actually shooting/striking on the move in Castlevania is opposite of skill. Every weapon that do not freeze you in place when you strike actually takes almost no skill to use, so that's just another proof that they are different type of games.

This was just a short example and I don't want to further derail this topic with a game that's completely different, but I had to reply once. :)

But even that I wouldn't actually call skill. It's a LONG and tedious practice. Skill is when you can implement that in actual battles, and be effective.

Skill is a very obscure term, because it's skill only when you kinda improvise with a game, however after doing something 10-20+ times, it's not skill anymore, it's just a muscle memory/certain course of actions you used to doing, etc.

Muscle Memory is a skill.  Skilled players (or artisans) actually train themselves for exactly that reason.  Why do you think professional fighting game players practice the same combo literally thousands of times?

1 - The startchart will become even more empty because all of the non-endless missions will be taking 3x as long to complete while giving out the same rewards as before.

2 - It will become harder to revive players in far away rooms in survival missions and thus the boring strategy that is camping will become even more common than it already is.

3 - Excavation missions will take longer to complete due to how their tilesets tend to be huge, thus acquiring fusion cores will take even longer than it already does.

4 - Running interception missions solo will become even more of a nightmare than it already is due to the diminished capability of a single player covering multiple points.

5 - Capture targets will become even more annoying to capture with their instakill gunfire and ultra fast running speed.

6 - Even less people will bother scanning targets for Cephalon Simaris.

7 - Units such as Bombards and Nullifiers will become even more annoying to deal with since it will be more difficult to dodge away from their fire and move to engage them at close range.

8 - Environmental haphazards such as ice pits and mutalist tar will become even more annoying to wiggle away from.

9 - Playing with slow warframes such as Frost will become less bearable.

10 - Melees will lose even more of their dwindling room on endgame.

here let me shread your argument

1- the new starchart desing will (hopefully) eliminate this issue

2- if players go down in a far away room thats their problem, revives exist for a reason, also undiying will

3- devs say that tilesets will be adjusted for parkour 2.0, we ill just have to wait and see

4- hmm specters? also interception missions are (argubly) intended for more than 1 player

5- capture targets are not that fast, also hitscan weapons duh!

6- you dont know that for sure, also use the traps/CC, loki or ash

7- thats not a problem witht the parkour, thats a problem with enemy desing

8- hmm pay attention? also tar pits can now be removed with melee attacks

9- mod them for speed, also no stamina

10- yeah sure because now i can pick a weapon not based on its mobility, seems logical...

Edited by Lord_GoldenEye

One more time, DE nerfed coptor on all weapons except specific ones.  DE created the problem so they could "solve" it.  That much is obvious.

Nice try.

But opinions are not facts no matter how we may sometimes wish them to be.

I feel bad for who started to play warframe when coptering was already a thing.

If it's gonna be removed we'll play the game same as we did since 2+ years, it's no big deal honestly.

I was forced to learn how to copter with the new conclave 2.0,but I never felt the need.

Seriously, you should just try to learn how to play this game as it was meant to.

Bad word there, sir.

'Learn'

Bad, BAD word. Goes along with trying to make people THINK and UNDERSTAND. These horrible words should be DELETED from the internet and ANYONE who DARES use them -online or off- should be burnt at the stake and then drawn and quartered and THEN hanged by the neck until dead! Because one horrid fate is not NEARLY enough for people who are STUPID ENOUGH to THINK!

RANT ON! RAGE ON! ANGST FOREVER!

Edited by Kalenath

Nice try.

But opinions are not facts no matter how we may sometimes wish them to be.

Bad word there, sir.

'Learn'

Bad, BAD word. Goes along with trying to make people THINK and UNDERSTAND. These horrible words should be DELETED from the internet and ANYONE who DARES use them -online or off- should be burnt at the stake and then drawn and quartered and THEN hanged by the neck until dead! Because one horrid fate is not NEARLY enough for people who are STUPID ENOUGH to THINK!

RANT ON! RAGE ON! ANGST FOREVER!

strong sarcasm is strong