Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #56 Character Art Past, Present, & Future.

[DE]Rebecca

When it comes to a Warframe's design, what goes into informing their colour scheme, if anything? Between the subdued reds of Trinity or the white and greens of Oberon, each frame's default colour schemata serves the over all result in a definite manner. How do you achieve this?

(And, because it's related, is there any chance we'll see Colour palettes being labelled to make it easier to discuss aesthetics than 'it's a red from Fire' or such. You've got the thematically named colours in the dojo, why not expand that naming process?)

On a lore level, what, if anything, does it signify for a Tenno to recolour their Warframes? Is it specific, like how Space Marine Chapters have a given colour scheme in 40K, so in this case Clan/Polarity colours, or is it down to that particular Tenno's aesthetic inclination? Is the recolouration of a warframe functionally similar to how certain animals, like the Chameleon, change their pigments, or is it a more involved external application, like hi-tech airbrushing?

Regardless, keep on drawing and developing as artists.

Thank you for your time.

Oh here's another question:

Why does Ash Prime have a snout, while the original has mandibles?

In insects, which informs some of Ash's helmet designs (Scorpions are arachnids), those that are known as Bugs have stabbing proboscises to suck nutrients from their prey, compared to others with more conventional mandibles like ants.

One such example of these 'Bugs' is the Reduviidae, colloquially known as the 'Assassin Bug'. It might be that Ash Prime's helmet is an allusion to this particular insect type.

When will we be able to use skins on prime weapons? Even if the skin uses the regular version of the weapon thats fine . Iv wasted so much platinum on skins that are sitting unused now. Which is really a waste

Same - to me this question is of paramount importance, the only thing that is not ok with Warframe at this time for me. It really bugs me. I made a topic about it - also the more primed versions of items we get the less weapon skins we'll have the chance of using - so I stopped buying weapon skins.

So my question is: Can we, please, use the skins (especially the ones that completely change the appearance of the item - Manticore, dagger, etc.) on prime items? I used to be able to use manticore on Scindo Prime, but it was removed as a feature. Why? If it is about balance issues I'd rather you remove the stat changes on the skin.

P.S: Animal instinct is the best mod in the game: so thoughtful, so elegant, so good an pleasurable to play with, just overall great design! Thank you SO much for it!

Q1 :  Will we see a different energy gain system in the future?  Something like...getting energy for weapon kills/assists, multikills, trickshots? 

Q2 :  Will enemy AI be sensitive toward frame abilities? Will we see enemies avoiding stuff like "fire blast" or "hallowed ground" ?

Enemy "pre built" formations spawn? Something like "Shield lancers" blocking path with some "Snow globe eximus" covering them?   Enemies are very disorganised right now.

Q3 :  Will we get more....NO FLOOR maps?  Coz now we barely need to even jump to get from mission start to extraction.

Seeing as this is a character stream, and not entirely sure if this falls under the category but will older primes; specifically frost prime get an overhaul? With the recent release of Ash Prime it is evident that the prime designs are getting more intricate and frost prime appears somewhat left out with a simple skin and helmet change. Thank you.

In insects, which informs some of Ash's helmet designs (Scorpions are arachnids), those that are known as Bugs have stabbing proboscises to suck nutrients from their prey, compared to others with more conventional mandibles like ants.

One such example of these 'Bugs' is the Reduviidae, colloquially known as the 'Assassin Bug'. It might be that Ash Prime's helmet is an allusion to this particular insect type.

Interesting. I learned something new today.

But that is not the case though. They pointed out on the site that the helm is an homage to the Samurai. Which is a bit weird, since Ash's assassin concept should allude more to the Ninja rather than the Samurai. Same country yes, but totally different warrior classes. Samurai or not though, it still looks like a snout, which is again totally at odds with the original's mandibles.

Loki Prime still gets my vote for the best Prime design so far. For me that design evokes a feeling that this Loki is an older, more distinguished version of Loki, sort of like an alpha male or a patriarch for Lokis, exactly what a Prime should be.

hi i have 2 Q:

1 - u well make rewwork for more new frame like mesa?

2 - i have a graet concept frame but cant do drow iwas trying Zbrash and it wsa wast of money for me at last....

so can u help or tell me if u wanna know about the fram caz i think the forum will love it really for sure

Here is a good one.

you have some warframes based around the elements.

you have ember being fire, hydroid being water, and zephyr being wind.

but where is the warframe that represents earth?

if there is going to be an earth type warframe, what will its main abilities be?

will they summon plants and animals to decimate their foes and/or buff their allies?

or will they use rocks and stone plates to conquer their enemies?

when it comes to prime warframes, which warframe would you think would be the hardest to design?

if you ever add a plant-based warframe, what would you make them look like?

out of all the warframes in the game, there is only one that can summon units with their abilities, that being nekros. however, will there be a warframe that is going to be purely a summoner warframe? what i mean by that is summoning small minions to go out and kill the enemy for you, but not being too overpowered so that they are tanky as all hell.

also, will there be a change to how abilites will be displayed? currently in the abilities section where you can see what your warframes abilities do, you only see what the current rank and the next rank of your abilities stats are. will it change so that when you look at your abilities, it will show the warframe's abilites when the modifiers like 130% strength are added, the current stats, then the next ranks stats?

1. Ash prime: Badass. This isn't really a question, but needs to be said to the art team.

2. Regarding the upcoming parkour change, the last shown system has awkward hopping along the walls in lieu of the old wallrunning. Will the team be able to make this look less bizarre, and/or can you guys incorporate the multi-directional wallrunning that was shown before then into the system?

3. What is up with energy colors? All of my frames and weapons use the same energy color, and before the "black energy fix' came out, they were stunning and beautiful, and highly consistent--I use the lower-right corner of infested palette, a shade of blue that came out effectively the same color and shading as the lightning in the Orokin research room. Ever since the black energy change, it tends to either be under saturated(being almost white) or over saturated(being a shockingly dark blue), and only in rare instances does it ever look right--it's both inconsistent between frames and weapons... some appear to be similar/close to what it used to be, while others are massively, wildly different from the way they used it formerly. Is there a way for you guys to regularize the color again? The fact it still, on some few pieces of gear, is Orokin-lightning-blue makes me certain it still works the way it should. It's just the fact that there's a whole host of weapons and warframes where it comes out bizarrely wrong that has me confused. I like orokin-lightning-blue, that's why I bought the palette to begin with. It's the same color across everything, and when lighting conditions of levels or powers shift things, it's clearly the same color across everything, just being changed for some reason under standard conditions. Is this something you guys can fix? I know that, theoretically, I could try and adjust to the changes by picking different colors to try and achieve uniformity across my gear, but I'm mastery rank 19(almost 20!) and I've kept all of the weapons and warframes I used to get there.... that's a LOT of colors to try and fix from my end... particularly since the amount of shift changes from time to time. Shouldn't it just, y'know, work?

4. Is trinity's immortal skin really "done"? It's looks practically identical to the "original" one, and using various color schemes, there's no difference between the two at all. It seems like there should be a lot more art to it, instead of re-using the same exact color scheme and pattern for 80%+ of it. It's hugely disappointing, and there's a general community consensus that it feels like it isn't finished. Can we get it pimped out, please? It's kind of sad that other frames have several highly-differentiated skins, even newer ones like mirage, while trinity is sporting basically "default" and "default with a few scribbles on the trim".

5. What's the view of future "proto" armors? The existing ones are all obviously lifted from Dark Sector, so, is there any future of others, or ones from outside of the realm of DS? Or will that be limited to ones where the design came from DS to begin with?

6. Will there ever be "tennogen" immortal-style skins(repaints of the default model) for frames? Is that something you're willing to brave, or is that too sacred?

7. What's the coolest concept you've had to shelf? Any chances of it making a future comeback on future frames once there's fewer technical limitations?

8. What technical developments(besides cloth physics) are you guys most looking forward to that are currently holding you back by not existing yet?

9. How goes the development of the felizard pets?