Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Still Worth The Forma ?

Speedyjyx

The Tonkor is the go-to weapon when $@#! needs killed, I've got 4 Forma on mine and I'm always satisfied with how it performs. Travel time is a bit annoying and the grenade arc splits in a seemingly random way when multi-shot is equipped, but it's damage greatly overshadows those two points. The best thing about it though, besides damage, is that the radius on the explosions is so massive that you're almost guaranteed to hit something, even if you miss.

I highly recommend the Forma investment.

Edited by Ailith

The "nerf" was to where you couldnt bounce teammates and troll. 

But that wasn't a nerf.
It was good. 

Cause now I can wreck a room, while my teammates don't get bounced around. 

TOOOOOOOOONKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR

Video please

Can confirm. Did a T3D to 60 minutes yesterday (enemies got to about 105) and my teammate was jumping into nullified bubbles and then bouncing out, killing the nullifier in 1 hit and everything withing a good radius. All the numbers were at once and 10-20 enemies went down for each shot I heard.

That said, I haven't used mine yet, but I think I'll have fun with it.

I have to agree with everyone saying it is worth it. Though I don't have it forma'd, it certainly is a strong weapon. Only reason I don't use it or have it forma'd is because I don't like the way it shoots, I'm horrible with it.

Agree, i seem to fail some shoots with it haha. (Mainly because I have Heavy Caliber on it :P)

OMG the Tonkor is so powerful and so much fun to use. At 6 Formas, yes it wrecks lvl 100 enemies.

Funnest thing for me is to bull rushing towards a Nullifer, slide into his little bubble, and while sliding, aim at the floor to "self damage" to detonate the grenade. Just watch everything blow up as you're shot into the air and copter away from the carnage. Funnest weapon I've played with in a long time. :D

Can confirm. Did a T3D to 60 minutes yesterday (enemies got to about 105) and my teammate was jumping into nullified bubbles and then bouncing out, killing the nullifier in 1 hit and everything withing a good radius. All the numbers were at once and 10-20 enemies went down for each shot I heard.

That said, I haven't used mine yet, but I think I'll have fun with it.

'You could sneeze on a level 100 nullifier and he'll die.  I'm sure he is referring to enemies that actually need to die ASAP..;;;like...Bombards....HGs...etc..

Worth everything

PS. Use Mirage with it

YES. YESYESYESYESYES. I fought Vay Hek for the first time just after i got Mirage and it only took 2 volleys to kill him. Can you say pentuple-headshot-crits?

The only thing I don't like about it is that the 'nade seems to arbitrarily leave the barrel at up to 45 degrees off where the little hit indicator trail shows it's going to. No sh!t, I've been standing 2m from an Ancient and the damn thing has still missed. That aside, it's likely to be one of the only weapons I can push over the 100% crit chance because of my relationship with the RNG (still tryna build the Amprex).

It's still not quiiiiiiiiiiiiite at the same DPS as my Vaykor Marelok vs. single targets though.

Edited by AschTheConjurer